[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/, I'm trying to put together a graphic of sugar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: lowcal-drinks.png (1 MB, 963x1157) Image search: [Google]
lowcal-drinks.png
1 MB, 963x1157
Hey /ck/,

I'm trying to put together a graphic of sugar free or low cal drinks other than water

Any I've missed? Ideally quite universal/readily available
>>
>>7365272

Where in the world are you getting apple juice that color?
>>
best drink ever is sugar free hot cocoa.

boil water and cocoa powder, add aspartame and coffeemate and little bit of salt. tastes fabulous.
>>
>>7365282
Apple juice is packed full of sugar, it isn't on there. Which one looks like apple juice?

>>7365286
Oh shit, good call. Cacau powder is great stuff
>>
>>7365288

Oh that bottom right in the middle is a tomato, nevermind. Kind of hard to tell without my glasses on, looked like a pink lady apple.
>>
>>7365286
Aspartame is worse for you than sugar.
>>
Perrier and LA Croix are both pretty tasty, if overpriced
>>
File: dasani.jpg (14 KB, 309x163) Image search: [Google]
dasani.jpg
14 KB, 309x163
>>7365296
>this
>>
>>7365296
>>7365305
Still spouting this meme when Aspartame is one of the most studied and tested substances on the planet and conclusively safe

10 years ago Aspartame was carcinogenic
5 years ago Aspartame contained calories and spiked your insulin
2 years ago Aspartame made you crave more sweet foods and drinks

These memes are retarded when they come out and you should be ashamed of yourself for talking without reading studies.
>>
>>7365302
I think those are both US specific, but I'll definitely add carbonated water/seltzer
>>
Coconut milk is not low calorie, it's full of fat
>>
>>7365272
>plant milks

The fuck kind of plant has nipples?
>>
>>7365355
that depends a LOT on the brand.

some of them are very watery, others have a thick layer of fat floating on the top.

some brands label them differently: coconut cream (fatty) vs. coconut milk (watery)
>>
>>7365286
>add aspartame
holy shit just use sugar you retarded fag
>>
File: lowcal-drinks-2.png (1 MB, 946x1359) Image search: [Google]
lowcal-drinks-2.png
1 MB, 946x1359
>>7365355
>>7365361
Good call, updated accordingly
>>
>>7365272
>fruit juices
>coconut water
>low cal
>low sugar
ayy lmao
>>
>>7365392
Fruit juices are neither low calorie nor low sugar, hence why they're not on there.

Coconut water is both.

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>7365272
Mio does the trick for me, it gets me to drink 3 camelbaks of water a day
>>
The only """sugar free""" and low calorie drinks that exists are water, carbonated water, lemon water (other infusions), tea and coffee. Fruit juices and shit like that contains fuck load of sugar (not refined sugar, but still sugar) and calories. It's better to eat your fruit than drinking it since you don't destroy the fibers which helps you digest it better and not letting your blood sugar levels skyrocket.
>>
>>7365360
>he's never had coconut milk
>>
>>7365401
>Ounce per ounce, most unflavored coconut water contains 5.45 calories, 1.3 grams sugar, 61 milligrams (mg) of potassium, and 5.45 mg of sodium compared to Gatorade, which has 6.25 calories, 1.75 grams of sugar, 3.75 mg of potassium, and 13.75 mg of sodium.
That's not "low in sugar". You Amerifats are fucking pathetic. You're right about the fruit juices though, didn't realize those were vegetable juices in the pic.
>>
>>7365406
I've been recommended Mio a few times, never tried it out. I'm not sure if they sell it here and it looks fucking expensive.

>>7365413
Nonsense, water kefir is also zero sugar when made correctly, hot chocolate and kombucha are also as close to zero calories and zero sugar as makes no difference.

And everyone knows fruit juice is laden with sugar.

>>7365429
Nice cherry picking, the same article you pasted from basically shits on what you're saying
>Plain coconut water could be a better choice for adults and kids looking for a beverage that is less sweet. But don’t overdo it, says Lillian Cheung, DSc, RD, of Harvard School of Public Health. “One 11-ounce container has 60 calories and if you drink several in one day, the calories can add up quickly,"

The coconut water I drink contains 50cals~ and 3g of carb per 100ml, making it both lower sugar and calories than all milks. Granted it's high calorie compared to the rest of the list, but that's why the caveat is there.

You amerifats are fucking pathetic.
>>
>>7365374
The calories from sugar are not what bother me, it is the effect sugar has on teeth.
>>
>>7365414
There's no milk in a coconut.
>>
>>7365452
>Nice cherry picking, the same article you pasted from basically shits on what you're saying
Except it isn't. It's still 50 calories per 100 ml and if you're comparing that to real sugar free and low calorie drinks like tea and coffee (0-5 calories) it's a lot. And who said milk was a low calorie drink?
>>
>>7365496
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_milk
Why are you on a board concerning food and cooking when you clearly know jack shit?
tl;dr: You're a fucking idiot and a complete cunt.
>>
>>7365272
>Any form of Coca Cole, Pepsi, or Sprite
What are you doing?
I don't care if it says "sugar free", all they do is use different chemicals that aren't legally defined as sugar. I thought this was common knowledge?
>>
>>7365627
>I'm mad at ingredient X Y Z for no discernable reason, why isn't everyone else?
>>
>>7365614
That's not milk, that's a mixture of coconut flesh and coconut water.
>>
>>7365752
>I'm choosing to be autistic about the definition of milk and have decided coconut milk isn't milk on imageboards
Whatever you say kid
>>
>>7365784
Show me the coconut nipple any time.
>>
>>7365797
>I've decided nipples are the definition of milk
You're talking about one type of milk and refusing to accept english language. Please stop being purposefully autistic, it's embarrassing.
>>
>>7365813
"Coconut milk" isn't milk just because that's what we call it. That's not how language works to begin with.
>>
>>7365452
You don't actually buy the Mio, you get the knockoff brand. It's just bottled flavored aspartame.
>>
File: lowcal-drinks-4.jpg (444 KB, 946x1311) Image search: [Google]
lowcal-drinks-4.jpg
444 KB, 946x1311
Updated version in case anyone cares
>>
>>7365991
Nobody cares because it's shit.
>>
File: Sparkling-ICE-Line-Up-5.21.12.jpg (1 MB, 3000x882) Image search: [Google]
Sparkling-ICE-Line-Up-5.21.12.jpg
1 MB, 3000x882
Sucrose a problem?

Kiwi Strawberry master race
>>
>>7365452
Skim milk is 100~ for 8 FL Oz.1% 110~. 2% 120~. Your coconut water is 118.
>>
>>7365991
Kvass isn't that low in calories lol. Not bad tho. Good af too
>>
What is it with americans and every fucking drink must be sweet as hell?
Whats so bad about drinking (and selling) a mix of 10% juice and water? Still a bit of taste, still very low in calories/sugar.
When I was in the US last year, I tried to buy something with a bit of taste, but mostly water based, and I made the mistake of not reading the ingredients list.
Bought some 0 calories "sparkling water and fruit" drink, thinking it was something like a slightly flavorued water or maybe even water + fruit.
Holy fucking shit!
It was the sweetest thing I ever drank!
After half of a bottle, I filled it up with water, and it still was sweeter than everything else.
So after diluting it down to 1/8th, it finally was only as sweet as normal sprite or some shit.
How on earth can you call something like that "fruit" and "refreshing"?
>>
>>7366729
desu, most fruit is sweet as hell.
>>
Yo were da purple drank at?
>>
>>7366684
I've been living off this stuff ever since my Costco started selling them in bulk.
>>
>>7366850
I have tasted a lot of different fruits, fuck, I even tried Durian, but if a very sweet fruit was a handgrenade, that vile shit would have been a nuclear bomb.
>>
>>7366729
They are adult babies.
>>
>>7366729
>What is it with americans and every fucking drink must be sweet as hell?

The bliss point.

Around the late 60's, early 70's companies began testing how much sugar they can add to a food product before it becomes overly sweet, but still enough to trigger a dopamine release.

Since then, just about all cheap, premade food (that isn't a dessert or candy) has that tested amount of sugar that reaches the bliss point.
>>
>>7368162
>>
>>7366729
So what was on the ingredients list? I don't think fruit could have been on it if it was 0 calories.
>>
File: coconips.jpg (41 KB, 425x318) Image search: [Google]
coconips.jpg
41 KB, 425x318
>>7365797
>Show me the coconut nipple any time.
done.
they've got three, they're just really hairy and inverted, like your mother's.
>>
File: nuclear-warhead.jpg (62 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
nuclear-warhead.jpg
62 KB, 450x450
>>7368176
All kinds of sweeteners and flavours. I think it was pic related.

I didnt exactly expect it to be some 100% natural thing (even though it maybe said natural flavours?), but rather something like this: http://www.volvic.de/produkte/volvic-touch-zitrone.html

Can't find it in english. Essentially, it is mostly water, some flavours and that's it. Not exactly something I need everyday, but when I am paying for a bottle of water, I'd like to have some flavour added, but seems like this is an unknown concept in the US
>>
>>7365272
>PepsiCo products

Goy detected. Anonymity won't cover your Jewishness, son
>>
>>7366684
if you don't mix your vodka with these then you don't know shit about being an upper-middle class white woman
>>
>>7368226
>goy
>jewishness
A goy is a non-jew you fucking retard.
>>
>>7368234
>heeb detected
>>
>>7365360

The sexy kind ;)
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.