[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no hot sauce thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: allthehotsauces.jpg (407 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
allthehotsauces.jpg
407 KB, 2000x1000
>no hot sauce thread
>>
>lets argue over the handful of hot sauces you can find at walmart every week, the thread
>>
>>7361974
PERSONAL PREFERENCE FAVOURING ONE BRAND OF MEDIOCRE HOT SAUCE, STATED AS FACT.
>>
>>7361965
just got some Moruga Scorpion based sauce
pretty fucking delicious and spicy enough
>>
Never seen the appeal of hot sauce honestly. If you want heat with your meal why not just use more fresh or ground spices whilst cooking?
>>
I've never been into hot sauces or very spicy curries, but I feel like I'm missing out. I imagine it's like alcohol where it takes a few years of casual use to develop your taste enough to really enjoy good quality hot sauce and not just be left with a burning mouth.

what kind of hot sauce is good to begin developing a taste for it?
>>
>>7362158
In the stead of creating it yourself, you may take full advantage of a well versed and experienced spice mixer.

Why would that be disheartening?
>>
>>7362168

Goto the store and buy small bottles of a number of kinds and start tasting. Generally the best hot sauces are small companies and can vary greatly area to area. Some stores carry a lot more than others. Cabelas (hunting/fishing/outdoor store) carries a pretty large selection. Also a lot of the big name brand hot sauces are pretty mild.
>>
Favorite vinegar reporting in. If you're into Franks or Tabasco, try Blis. it's got a nice roasted pepper taste to it.

It's not overly hot. If you're looking for heat, get an habenero sauce to use with it.
>>
>>7361965
I love Louisiana hot sauce, right now I'm using Frank's original for most things. I have a couple other really hot sauces, use em on pizza.
>>
I just ordered mad dog 357 on amazon, what am I in for?
>>
>>7362158
same reason you dont eat boiled potatoes when you want vodka
>>
>>7362385
some painful poops
>>
How do I heat up frank's to get it like the domino's hot sauce?
>>
>>7362381
Except Frank's was from Ohio and now owned by a company in New Jersey. I'm just sayin - I like Frank's too, but crystal is tits.
>>
In my house we always keep the following hot sauces in stock, every sauce is good for different reasons and situations.

Tabasco
Sriracha
Cholula
Texas Pete
Louisiana
Frank's
Crystal
Valentina
Louisiana Habanero
>>
>>7362168
Just go to Walmart and pick up literally any of the cheap ass sauces pictured in the OP.
>>
>no El Yucateco
shiggy
>>
>>7361965
Every time I try a meme sauce from /ck/, it's always shit.
All habanero-based hot sauces, like el yucateco, have this awful sickly sweet aftertaste that makes me want to throw up.

Everything else is tolerable tho.
My current favorite is cholula.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.