[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you guys this about this place? good burgers or overrated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
what do you guys this about this place? good burgers or overrated crap?

personally i like them but fuck are they expensive. ends up being 10 bucks for a burger and fries.
>>
Decent but overpriced. I can get burgers as good or better for less. Cajun fries are the best item there
>>
>>7361520
That's only the case if you get the double cheeseburger/bacon burger. Try not being such an incredible fatass and go with the single cheeseburger. It's 5 and some change for the burger and plenty of food if you get a small fry with it.
>>
>>7361544
Exactly, once I started ordering just their cheeseburger it's pretty affordable
>>
The burger is pretty good, and has some nice customization options.
The fries turn into a pile of mush after a couple minutes.
It's overpriced.

There are plenty of burger places around that are just as good, if not better so there really isn't any reason to go to 5 Guys unless you really want some peanuts to go with your burger.
>>
Five Guys is probably my favorite of the big national burger chains.
>>
>>7361544
If this is the case, op should just buy 2 burgers for the price of a double, more bread and veggies for nothing.
>>
File: 1451106646918.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451106646918.jpg
158 KB, 1280x720
>>7361520
>what do you guys this about this place?

Anyway, pretty good but the nearest one is 30 min away in a city with a lot more higher end dining choices so I rarely end up eating there.
>>
File: 1408111151962.png (117 KB, 376x369) Image search: [Google]
1408111151962.png
117 KB, 376x369
>>7361520
>5 Guys
>Only 4 Guys working
>>
I prefer wendys/McDonalds. Besides the fact 5 guys is wildly more expensive, it somehow managed to be more greasy than traditional fast food chains
>>
>>7361695
>Only 4 Guys working
and only one /v/irgin, frog shitposting.
>>
>>7361695
>5 Guys
>Guys
I think you misread the sign... stupid frogposter.
>>
Absolutely hate their food after the worst burger ever.
>>
I actually like Five Guys, and I would never say that if I didn't think they have a decent product. They are overpriced, but I'd rather eat there than In-N-Out or the other burger places here that are in direct competition with them. I used to like the Habit better, but they've gotten worse and worse, and now Five Guys makes a better burger than they do, which is sad.
Anyway, I usually order a Little Hamburger with "the works" and a Grilled Cheese, and skip the fries altogether.
>>
Your pathetic attempt at reverse psychology comes across as irony, shillfags.

This is what happens when you outsource your marketing strategy to 3rd world countries.
>>
>>7361737
>prefer wendy's/McDonalds

5 guys is CLEARLY on a different tier than wendy's/McDonalds.
At 5 Guys you get what you pay for, which is a relatively cheap greasy burger. When going out to eat, $8 is still relatively cheap, especially when you don't have to wait long.

for the record i dislike 5 guys and think that its slobbish to eat redmeat from an institute like 5 guys or wendys, but come on. You cant compare the two.
>>
>>7361520
They're pretty good, but a notch below in n out
>>
I just ate there for the first time last week. Good, but way too fucking overpriced for what it is. I like Rally's/Checker's about the same (if not more) and they are about half the price.
>>
>>7361944
>muh "casual food joint" over "fast good"
I'm happy their markups and marketing got to you.
>>
>>7361520
is that paper towl roll nailed to her face?
>>
File: 5people_chips.jpg (40 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
5people_chips.jpg
40 KB, 500x333
>good burgers
>unlimited toppings
>reasonably priced.

if there was one nearby id eat there more often. i cant handle a double, its too much, i stick to ordering a single.

french fries kinda suck on their own, but if you add vinegar, shit gets real
>>
>>7361737
>being this retarded
Five guys may be shit but at least its real meat. At mcdonald's they use frozen hockey puck "burgers" that are full of fillers
>>
Tasty but fucking overpriced

In-n-Out will give you the same experience but cheaper
>>
File: 4ch_err2.png (16 KB, 831x306) Image search: [Google]
4ch_err2.png
16 KB, 831x306
>>7362469
>I have no sense of taste
Fixed
>>
>>7362413
mcd's claims they use 100 percent beef. you got anything to back up the filler claim, buddy?

>>7362391
>>unlimited toppings
i like this in theory but why the fuck does 5 goys only have american 'cheese'? many times i'd thought it'd be great to get a grilled mushroom and swiss burger but they don't have swiss, let alone any actual non-'cheese products'.
>>
>>7362469
People who have had both always say five guys taste better. The only argument is whether five guys is worth the amount of money over In N Out for a better burger.
>>
File: 1453917111542.png (47 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1453917111542.png
47 KB, 300x169
>tfw new five guys opening right across from my job
>tfw the owner himself said I'm getting discounts for working nearby
>>
>>7362469
>>7362760

>In-n-out has it's own very distinct style and flavor
>five guys feels more like a homemade burger, just perfectly made

that's my opinion at least
>>
In n out is better
>>
>>7362739
All ground beef contains filler, even that from grocery stores. If only needs to be 40% beef to be considered "beef". Most of the fillers tend to be rice, carrots, onions or oats, instead of some mysterious chemcial "filler"
>>
I like the simplicity and directness of it. Five people in a kitchen selling burgers and fries. And hot dogs I guess. It's like a dollar more but the food's good quality / quantity so whatever. Honestly a burger and fries from McDs or BK looks a little sad next to Five Guys. All of the 'local' places here are priced similarly too so I guess I'm used to it. That kind of meal is more to be lazy and treat yourself to something tasty and filling without having to /ck/ it. I've also had 'gourmet' burgers before too btw that cost twice as much just for the burger and it was a gross puck of raw beef so.
>>
>>7361695
don't you mean Five Goys?
>>
>>7362797
lol, can you imagine what 'ground beef' that is 60% rice and only 40% beef looks like? probably a lot like tofu, faggot.
>>
>>7363343
Taco bell was called out in the media for their beef "not being beef" since it fell to like 35%. When its ground, you can sneak in a surprising amount of other stuff.
Pre-ground coffee beans and shredded cheese is also notorious for having a lot of fillers
>>
File: 5gays.jpg (65 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
5gays.jpg
65 KB, 500x349
>5 Gays
>>
Their burgers are alright but those fries are dog shit.

I mean you already spend some time eating a few peanuts waiting for your food and then the fucking fries taste like peanuts too. All but maybe a few of them are soggy as a dog's balls after sitting that shit bag.
>>
File: 1443488495034.gif (2 MB, 286x210) Image search: [Google]
1443488495034.gif
2 MB, 286x210
>>7361520
like you said its expensive as hell but good as fuck
>>
>>7361520
>that ass in the white sweatpants

God, I miss working in the mall.
>>
I like their fries but the burgers are bland as fuck, can't even taste the meat.
>>
It's not about Zoe Quinn, it's about ethics in game journalism
>>
>>7361520
Overrated, overpriced. Greasy.
The fries are just greasy soggy chunks of potato.
That being said, I would go there if I'm hungover.
Stop making these threads already.
>>
>>7361617
>The fries turn into a pile of mush after a couple minutes.

Surely you jest. I've never had bad french fries at Five Guys. They don't turn to mush. GB2IN-N-OUT
>>
They don't even have these shitholes where you're from, so shillfags pls go back to india.
>>
>>7361520
This tiny five goys has more people working in it than the very crowded Five Guys in the 5th avenue in NYC.

Clearly, these goys knows what's up.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.