[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whenever I try to cook my burgers in a cast iron frying pan over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: burger1[1].jpg (20 KB, 485x250) Image search: [Google]
burger1[1].jpg
20 KB, 485x250
Whenever I try to cook my burgers in a cast iron frying pan over the stove, the inside is always raw by the time the outside gets cooked. If I wait until the inside is cooked, the outside is too dry. I'm preheating my pan over a high heat for about 5 minutes, and using about 3 tablespoons of oil. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>7360604
Lower the heat dumb dumb
>>
get the sear and turn down the heat
>>
Either lower the heat, don't make the burgers so thick, or sear them and then stick the pan in the oven to finish cooking.
>>
You shouldn't need to add any extra oil, let alone 3 Tbs.

But yeah, don't cook it cold, lower the heat, flip it more often.
>>
>>7360604
You're preheating your pan over a high heat for about five minutes. Cast iron will retain that heat.
>>
>>7360618
This. You're preheating it at a higher temp than you're cooking at, and letting it get too hot.

I guarantee if you just turn your stove onto the temp setting you should be cooking it at, let your pan preheat at that level and do everything else the same you'll see instantly better burgers.

There are better ways to cook it, sure. But you can get a lot of the results you want to see just for changing one variable...
>>
>>7360697
What are the better ways to cook it?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.