[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, next winter I'm going to be doing a pop-up food truck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1452948734961.jpg (60 KB, 1018x518) Image search: [Google]
1452948734961.jpg
60 KB, 1018x518
So, next winter I'm going to be doing a pop-up food truck at a local bar. It's probably going to be tacos and tortas.

Anyway, I'll be testing recipes and want to ask you guys a question:

Let's say you're a friend of mine and I say "once a month, I'll make you dinner over at my place. It's going to be recipe testing for [redacted restaurant name], so in return for free food, here's an index card and a pen. There are no wrong answers, and put down what you really think. I have thick skin and if some part of it I love isn't loved by 99/100 people - it means I need to change it"

Would that be tacky? Or do you think it would be a fair thing to ask in return for free food?
>>
>>7359244
Of course it's fair. Why are you even asking?
>>
>>7359253

Well, I've been working in kitchens for years. So, my idea of what's okay to ask and expect of people is different. I've told and been told in the kitchen that things taste like shit. There, its okay because we all want things to be better.

I just don't know how normies would handle it. Every time I make dinner for friends now, they always say how wonderful things are. I feel like they're just paying lip-service. I always find something to get pissed about when I cook.

I'm just stressing the details because it's my first chance to make a name for myself. I want to do it right.
>>
>>7359244
People are useless at "Would you buy this decisions?".

The Question is, would they really shell out actual money again and again?
>>
>>7359496
That's not what I'll be asking. I'm going to be asking just what they think of the food. Likes/dislikes. I've been a cook for years, but never on my own. I know how to filter out bad comments.
>>
File: ElBroncoMobil.jpg (55 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
ElBroncoMobil.jpg
55 KB, 500x304
>>7359244
Better move: Visit a successful taco truck, watch how they do it and eat their food. See that little guy from Puebla manning the plancha? He's already got everything worked out. See the gyro machine? That's the al pastor taco meat. You do not need to reinvent the wheel here. Just do some research and copy what's already successful.

And don't do tortas. Yes, they're nature's perfect drunk food, but they will slow you down like fuck. The wait at the taco truck near me is never more than ten minutes when they're slammed. The wait at the torta joint can be half an hour when they're slammed. A truck really can't have wait times like that.
>>
>>7359262
Bringing friends might crash this truck
>>
>>7359244
Stick with tacos and a couple different types of meat. Best other option is stuff you can prepare before hand. Rice/beans as a 2$ add on/combo.

You can slap a burrito together pretty fast using the same ingredients you have for the tacos.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.