[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friends invited me out to lunch to a restaurant I've never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
Friends invited me out to lunch to a restaurant I've never been to.
Yelp says the attire is "dressy." What does that mean?
Business casual? Suit and tie? Tuxedo?
>>
Go full tuxedo just to be sure.
>>
>>7358386
Just throw on your best Pantera shirt and some cargo shorts
>>
File: business_casual_men3.jpg (33 KB, 679x384) Image search: [Google]
business_casual_men3.jpg
33 KB, 679x384
Why don't you play it safe and dress like a goddamn adult? I highly doubt your friends would be inviting you to lunch to somewhere where jacket and tie were *required*, so maybe just wear a pair of nice pants and a cardigan? It's a classic look without being too casual or too dressy.

Like the first two dudes. Unless you're some dude who always wears trash wigger shit, then you're fucked.
>>
>>7358386
Business Casual will do, jeans and a polo if you look good. No to suit and tie. Tuxedo, if you want to be a bad ass.
>>
File: 1452655546838.jpg (24 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
1452655546838.jpg
24 KB, 446x400
>>7358386
>yfw op shows up to a restaurant not wearing a tuxedo even though they were clear about the "dressy," attire rules
>>
>>7358386
Why don't you just go to the restaurant on an off time and ask for something menial (like the bathroom or a phone), then observe other patrons and mimic them?
>>
>>7358418
>ask for something menial (like the bathroom or a phone)
what is this the 80s?
>>
>>7358386
>OP's one friend tries to coax him out to the open
>OP has a panic attack after the invitation
>Tries to do everything in his power to not be an autist on his day out
>Yelp says "dressy" attire
>OP, not to be outdone, rents a tux
>Walks into restaurant and everyone in jeans and polos looks up at him with their mouths agape
>The Hostess, believing OP to be in the middle of something important gives him the best table with the best server
>OP's friend spots him and refuses to join for fear of association
>OP's server treats him especially well
>After some light conversation the server finds out OP isn't there for a celebration, just a meal for one
>The server figures OP is a critic or someone of esteem importance
>OP has the best restaurant experience of his life
>Restaurant owner checks on OP during his meal to see how his meal is
>OP politely says his stake is a tad more medium than med rare
>The owner get's him a new stake and takes it off of the bill
>OP pays up and tips generously
>OP uses the money he brought to pay for the meal to buy the tux instead of return it
>OP wears the tux every day for the rest of his life

Do it OP
Wear a tux
>>
>>7358421
people haven't changed how they piss over the past 30 years anon
>>
>>7360519
>he doesn't have an iLoo
>>
>>7358386
For lunch, business casual. a collared shirt and slacks if mail, or a blouse and skirt if female.

For dinner, button down shirt, maybe a tie, and dress pants for a male A decent non-slutty dress for a female.
>>
>>7358393
OP here, great! I still have that outfit on from yesterday, so I won't even have to change!
>>
Call friend and ask or go out there the day before and ask.
>>
File: lazyytt.png (90 KB, 256x286) Image search: [Google]
lazyytt.png
90 KB, 256x286
Posts a question on a Thai Bicycle Club image board. Can't GOOGLE restaurant for dress code.
>>
>>7360579
>implying we talk about Thai bicycles on a Laotian sneaker review board.
>>
File: ecco-pack-two.jpg (50 KB, 410x340) Image search: [Google]
ecco-pack-two.jpg
50 KB, 410x340
>>7360519
Not bringing your squatty potty everywhere you go. Enjoy your bowel cancer.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.