[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw burger that can't make a good burger Help me out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 650x366
>tfw burger that can't make a good burger

Help me out /ck/.

I've tried tons of recipies, methods, and seasonings and am always disappointed with my product.

One time I made stuffed burgers that were alright but still nothing special.

What kind of meat do you use? Buns? Seasonings? Anything else?
>>
File: smashing-panade-with-fork.jpg (569 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
smashing-panade-with-fork.jpg
569 KB, 1280x853
Keep it simple.

Also, have you ever tried using panade? It's really good if you can't be bothered getting high quality freshly ground meat.

Soak some white bread in milk to make a paste and mix that with the minced meat. Make sure it's not too wet though, and don't overmix.
>>
>>7357007

80/20 ground beef, salt, pepper,
patty it up, fry in oil, melt some cheese over it
put in a toasted bun with condiments of your choice.
>>
>>7357017
Whever I do that though it just doesn't taste right.
>>7357015
Haven't heard of that, I'll look into it.
>>
>>7357007

Flat burgers mcdonalds style:

Take two pieces of parchment paper, squeeze patties flat between and put into freezer to set.

Extremely high heat, short cook time. Salt and peper.

Ketchup+mayo is burger dressing. Chopped letuce, pickles, a bit of tomato perhaps. And really important: diced raw onion.
>>
>>7357007

Fat burgers gourmet style:

Mix meat with salt. It acts as a binder.

Form larger patties, good quality meat, high heat cooking, baste with a bit of butter, put on some onion rings as well. Consider garlic and mixed pepper, bit of chili.

Buns should be first toasted, then closed and steamed for a short half a minute.
>>
how do you fuck up burgers. you slap a patty of ground beef onto a thing and then throw it on bread. Unless you totally can't cook, the only thing you can fuck up on is the beef. Its pretty much the only "hard" part of making a burger.
>>
>>7357083

If the burger doesnt taste right, you dont sear the meat well enough, and you forget the raw onions.

That or you are making bullshit meatloaf like the moron >>7357015 suggests woth all sorts of filler.
>>
>>7357103
You're overmixing if you're getting a dense meatloaf when using panade.
>>
buy rib-eyes and grind them yourself
>>
>>7357007
>tfw burger that can't make a good burger
Are you implying that you are a burger yourself?
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 723x657) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 723x657
>>7357229
Yes.
>>
>>7357083
>it doesn't taste right
In that case, there's two options: you're either fucking it up, or you have shitty taste in burgers. Since you're American, it's probably the latter and you've never had a real burger in your life, so they taste weird to you.
>>
>>7357229
burger = American

Are you new here?
>>
>>7357007

1 pound ground beef
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon liquid smoke
½ teaspoon salt
Pinch of freshly cracked black pepper

Serves four.
>>
nigga go back to basics. find the simplest cheeseburger recipe from some fancy ass american chef and keep making it until its perfect.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 552x441) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 552x441
>>7357250
>American
>never had a real burger
I think you've got that backwards there ahmed.
>>
>>7357314
Mate, American burgers are full of crap. It's probably near impossible to find a real 100% beefburger there.
>>
>>7357326
>eurofags and austards are literally this fucking stupid.
>>
>>7357338
I've seen your American cheese. It's fucking plastic. Even your American cheddar is fucking orange. Like seriously, that's not even cheddar.
>>
>>7357202
This
I personally like to mix minced red and yellow pepper and onion into my patty.
Boursin cheese if i'm feelin fancy
>>
>>7357007
Do you use wagyu beef?
>>
>>7357347
>America only has one type of cheese
>the only burgers in America are Mcdonalds

literally retarded or just pretending to be
>>
>>7357559
>implying anyone but a retard would pretend to be retarded
>>
File: tillcheese_medium.jpg (14 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
tillcheese_medium.jpg
14 KB, 240x240
>>7357347
>american cheddar isnt cheddar

eurofags will never taste this greatness
>>
>>7357326
>argentinian meat
>home made buns from your country (hot , tasty if you do it good)
>BBQ salsa from murica(grilled taste , or change to other stuff if yoy dont like this)
>eggs fried inside an onion (put an onion ring on the pan, fry the egg inside of the ring , it ends up in a small circle form.
>put some onions ring along side the egg / or bacon
>instead of that plastic cheese murican use , use the cheese the best pizza uses , the so called barraza cheese or something.

it will be good if you can cook it the way you want
>>
File: Burger.jpg (154 KB, 1448x972) Image search: [Google]
Burger.jpg
154 KB, 1448x972
>>7357007
Try this version, pleb.
>>
>>7357580
You are aware of the existence of passports?
Probably not.
>>
The most important part is how you cook the beef. I prefer pan-frying it so it retains most of it's fat and tastes better (I also only use like 80% lean beef for same reason). Don't buy pre-formed patties, they are usually too dense. Buy ground beef and make the patties yourself, make them loosely packed. Use medium heat so they cook slowly and evenly and you won't make the outsides tough and chewy. This should give you a soft and juicy burger. It shouldn't be black or charred or any of that because that most likely gives you a dry hunk of crap. Just a nice light brown. And don't flip it around and press it into the pan and shit because that just makes it lose fat. Ideal is soft, loose, fatty, juicy.
Ironically >>7358828 looks to be an example of the opposite: thin, densely packed, overcooked, dry
>>
>>7357326
you realize we dont just eat from mcdonalds, right?
>>
If you aren't cooking for a shitload of people just grind it yourself. Find the fattiest chuck steak you can find, remove the silverskin and put it through a meat grinder, food processor or you can even chop it up with a heavy knife.

When forming the patties they should be 2-3.5 ounces and should be 1/4 inch bigger than the bun to account for shrinkage.
>>
>>7357007
Take equal parts lean ground beef and ground pork, mix em' up, add an egg, and a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, mold into patties, season with salt and pepper and freeze. Use a cast iron skillet and heat it up well, place the patty for like a minute each side. Add half a cup of water and cover with a large bowl. Melt butter on a a skillet, toast buns in said butter. Use ketchup and dijon mustard as basic toppings.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.