[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chilli Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: habanerochili2.jpg (28 KB, 291x289) Image search: [Google]
habanerochili2.jpg
28 KB, 291x289
What's your favourite chilli to cook with, /ck/? Pic related, mother fucking habanero. Also general chilli thread.
>>
>>7356115
Chipotle. It's just a smoked jalapeno, anon.
>>
File: hotdogs_cat.jpg (27 KB, 363x321) Image search: [Google]
hotdogs_cat.jpg
27 KB, 363x321
>>7356116
what the fuck man?
>>
>>7356263
Newfag who thinks it is funny when he says something lame and laughs at his own joke. He doesn't get the subtleties of how others do it, how they make a stupid joke and wait for others to laugh at it
>>
File: Habs.jpg (7 KB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
Habs.jpg
7 KB, 300x180
>>7356115

The Habanero.

It has the perfect heat level to put a beating on you, but not so much that you can't still enjoy the meal you put them in, and they have a nice citrus/pepper flavor.

I toss one or two sliced up peppers in with my breakfast egg burrito's, and they're a 1/3 of the minced garlic/ginger/chili trifecta I use in most of my stir fry meals.

Great peppers.
>>
>>7356115
I use chilies on an almost daily basis. Serranos are a general go to for me because they work in just about any situation where a recipe calls for hot green fresh chilies. As far as dried chilies are concerned my current favorites are Indian hot chili powder and Aleppo pepper. (Aleppo is great stuff, being so mild you can use it for flavor pretty heavily while adding just a little kick).
>>
>>7356115 I really like to use Jalapenos and pasilla chili when I cook.
>>
Right now im into Fresno peppers. Small, sweet, with a little spice.
Serrano are my favorite in place of jalapeƱo. I think they have better/more flavor.
I grow Thai peppers because they're easy and high yield. I dry the ones I don't use fresh. I like them better than crushed red pepper which can leave hard bits in food.
>>
What do you guys think of superhots? Do they have a place in cooking if you add small amounts?
>>
>>7357027
>Do they have a place in cooking if you add small amounts?

Absolutely.

The capsicum gets distributed throughout the cooking oil, so it's not as intense as if you just eat them raw.

I usually do 2 habs in my cooked meals, and it's hot, but not uncomfortable. When I was growing bhuts, I started off by tossing in a quarter, and found that I could do an entire pepper without being too uncomfortable.

When in doubt, just serve up some plain yogurt on the side. The fat from the yogurt, and the cool temp, helps eliminate the burn.

Super hots have their own unique delicious flavor, and they're worth trying for those that enjoy spice and heat.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.