[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is chicken even good? Tastes bland to me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: chickens-as-pets.jpg (146 KB, 396x528) Image search: [Google]
chickens-as-pets.jpg
146 KB, 396x528
Is chicken even good? Tastes bland to me.
>>
only dark meat

breast is dry and shitty
>>
I'm Vegan
>>
>>7355503
Just did a couple whole chickens on the smoker. Tasted fucking awesome. Also have done rotisserie chicken and whole roasted. Always come out nice and flavorful. Breast though? Meh. Depends on the seasoning and cooking method I suppose.
>>
File: chicken.gif (22 KB, 616x479) Image search: [Google]
chicken.gif
22 KB, 616x479
>>7355503
Good chicken is delicious. Industrially raised chicken needs lots of help to taste good and is best avoided.
>>
>>7355507

slice chicken breast crosswise, pound it thin, and cook it in a pan, it will come out juicy and tender
>>
>>7355516
This anon knows what's up.
>>
>>7355507
I only like sous vide breasts, it's pretty much all I eat
>>
God I want to raise my own animals and slaughter them. Not edgy or anything, but I'd love to taste farm-fresh meat that I can personally guarantee ate the right, not the cheapest, kind of feed and ran around a lot.

That last point especially for chickens. Ever since watching the Coq Au Vin episode of Good Eats I've really, really, really wanted to slowcook and eat a grown-up, active hen.
>>
>>7355525
>Whole chicken
>Thyme, salt, Dijon, a little bit of butter or chicken fat
>Sous vide at 65C for 6-7hrs
>If you have an oven with a browning mode, set it to 230C and put your chicken in a rack
>If your oven doesn't, chuck the whole bag in the fridge. The bag juices will turn to jelly. Put the cold chicken in at 230C. The inside will be just heated up by the time the outside is brown
>Make gravy from bag juices(you'll need some extra stock because its just not enough desu), finish with drippings when you take your chicken out of the oven
Wa la

Seriously how the fuck is the flesh that colour? The white meat is so dark. It's amazing.
>>
>>7355599
Oh also
Protip: Put whisky stones or baking weights in the cavity and puit it neck down in the bath. It'll sink perfectly and helps conduct heat.
>>
>>7355503
Jesus that is one white kid.
>>
Chicken is like vegetables:

It can be good when there's a lot of stuff done to it.
>>
>>7355503
The trick to breast meat is to chop it up and season it before cooking it in the skillet or grill. Whole breast is often lacking in flavor; it needs more of the surface area to be cooked to bring out the flavor.
>>
File: 1447273886777.jpg (18 KB, 280x292) Image search: [Google]
1447273886777.jpg
18 KB, 280x292
>>7355510
>>
>>7355503
lrn2cook
>>
>>7355618
a-aryan m-master sir
>>
>>7355503
learn to season your food.
>>
Chicken skin and chicken fat has the flavour.
>>
>>7355507
When I bake breasts I make sure to put some kind of liquid in the pan to keep them juicy. It really isn't hard to make a good chicken breast. On the stove top you should just butterfly it and cook it in some butter.
>>
>>7355503
Well season it then you stupid piece of trash?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.