[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you put on your steak to make it taste better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
what do you put on your steak to make it taste better?
>>
salt
>>
File: a1_steak_sauce.jpg (71 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
a1_steak_sauce.jpg
71 KB, 1000x1000
Its not a steak without it.
>>
>>7343365
It depends, I don't do the same thing every time. A red wine reduction with mushrooms is nice, but then sometimes so is just a bit of s&p. Sometimes so is nothing at all.
>>
milk and jellybeans
>>
>>7343365
butter and/or pan sauce
>>
Milk and jelly beans
>>
Thumbtacks and razorblades
>>
HERETICS!!!

A properly made steak should never need sauce.

Uncultured swine.
>>
Jizz
>>
i met a southern guy who said he only eats the finest quality steaks so he doesn't salt and pepper at all because it would just interfere with the taste. Thoughts on this? Any merit or has food histperdome gone too far
>>
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, that's all you need.
>>
Just like some salt and pepper, but mushroom sauce or pepper sauce go awesome with steak.
>>
>>7344442
pepper, maybe
salt is a flavor intensifier/enhancer

verdict: he's full of shit
>>
>>7344442
Half the time I don't put salt or pepper on a steak either. I'm just buying grocery store steaks, like USDA choice or sometimes prime. It doesn't need seasoning, meat tastes delicious on it's on.
I don't think salt and pepper detract though either.
>>
>>7343365
Horseradish or bearnaise.
>>
I add hardboiled egg slices lightly peppered to perfection right on top.
>>
>>7343365
salt and butter
>>
>>7344442
So what? That's his preference. If I want to slather the fucking steaks in ketchup and am paying for it then that's my preference. Anyone that disagrees can piss off and buy their own steaks and do what they want with them.
>>
>>7344546
Okay, enjoy wasting your money, a nice steak, and trying to justify to anybody with tastebuds that you have the correct opinion. Anybody else would buy shit meat and put ketchup on it if they wanted to taste ketchup. They wouldn't put it on quality meat because they're not retarded.

Protip: your tastebuds are wrong and you are never going to convince somebody to stop telling you how wrong and bad your life and your tastes are. Never.
>>
>>7343365
salt, pepper, thyme
>>
Bleu cheese

Honestly though steak is insanely overrated.
>>
i season my steak with memes
>>
I cook my steak in bacon fat
>>
>>7343365
Grated jerky and pork rinds.

I'm only kind of joking. I don't do it all the time, but tried it a few times and loved it.
>>
buttered mushrooms. A1 if its not a good steak
>>
fermented blackbean & chili paste
>>
>what do you put on your steak to make it taste better?

Another steak
>>
>>7343365
Salt, pepper, and tobacco sauce.
>>
When I cook it I normally just use some salt,pepper,garlic powder, and a little bit of old bay.Then garlic butter as its cooking.
>>
>>7343365
I wonder... could it be that steak is a bigger meme food than bacon?
>>
>>7343365
Peater lugers steak sauce
>>
My favorite thing to do is crush a clove of garlic and deglaze the pan with a little balsamic and beef stock, then finish it with a cold chunk of butter. Bigger punch of beef flavor with the subtle acidity and garlic, damn.
>>
>>7344746
Not if meme to you means 'fad.'
In that case, neither of them are meme foodz. Lots of people like steak and lots of people like bacon, shit ain't going anywhere.
>>
>>7343367
>>7344422
this
>>
salt and pepper, anything else and you cant taste the meat
>>
>>7343365
If you have to put something on your steak to make it taste better, you've fucked up already
>>
>>7344790
>>7344422
How to spot plebs who rarely cook:
>Look for bullshit posts like this

When will you faggots die off? Cooking is all about enhancing natural flavors, so what the fuck is your problem if someone tastes the meat better and enjoys their meal more with garlic butter or a fuckin' pan sauce? Die please. Die. You don't even cook that often, and you certainly don't eat steak very often, otherwise you'd get bored and experiment with more than just salt and pepper. (not that there's anything wrong with good ole' salt and pepper)
>>
File: 1370803818188.gif (746 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1370803818188.gif
746 KB, 400x225
My dad drowns his medium steak in Heinz 57 sauce. I prefer A1.
>>
>>7343365
Season before hand with salt & pepper.

Serve medium rare with peppercorn sauce.
>>
>>7343365
green onion
>>
>keep seeing Americans say they eat steak with this "A1 sauce"
>look it up
>literally brown sauce

Why would you put brown sauce with steak? We don't even do that in the UK and we invented the stuff. It's for sausage and egg baps, not steak.
>>
boursin garlic and herb cheese. Pretty tasty
>>
>the fuck is this, expired ketchup?

heinz 57 is a hyperbole of "food you hate as a kid, but love as an adult"
>>
>>7343365
Bearnaise, the proper way, not in the blender, not with fucking tarragon vinegar.
>>
>>7343365
If you can't afford a quality cut of beef then just buy a cheap cut to roast or stew with plenty of gravy.
Otherwise I like taste the quality of the meat.
>>
>>7343365
Cumin, Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, and PHS.
>>
>>7344881
I'm not exactly sure what brown sauce is but is it so weird that it pairs well with sausage AND steak? Both are pretty strongly flavored meats. A1 is honestly pretty good but I only ever use it to dip when I'm eating slow cooked chuck roast. I don't know why but the contrast of the really strong sauce and tender, subtly flavored roast is so awesome. I even put some on the plate so I can smear my potatoes and carrots in it.
>>
>>7344881
Shut the fuck up you faggot britcuck asshole
>>
>>7343365
crab legs
>>
>>7344999
>wanting your steak to taste like a fajita.
>>
>>7343391
Kek
>>
>>7344559
It's not about the money. Get over being a poorfag if it's possible for you. Also learn some reading comprehension. I never said that I'd drench my steak in ketchup or make it well done. I said that It doesn't make a difference to me what others do with it even if I am paying for it. My head's not going to explode because of other's preferences.

When you get older you'll learn that simple stuff like that really doesn't matter in the overall scope of things.
>>
>>7343365
Depends on the cut and what I'm using it for. If it's a well marbled steak I use salt and pepper. If it's cheap flank I marinate it in lime, onion and carne asada seasoning.
>>
>>7343365
Cheese, bacon bits, fried onions, blue cheese, ranch
>>
Velveeta and French's
>>
Steak Oscar - Hollandaise sauce, asparagus, and crab meat.
>>
>>7343365
Horseradish is the only correct answer
>>
>>7343379
this but only if it's not cooked well or a bad cut
>>
>>7343365

Mushroom sauce/peppercorn sauce, caramelized onions, sometimes salt.
>>
Salt, pepper, paprika, and any barbeque sauce with brown sugar in it
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.