[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cup noodles to save money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Tom-Yam-Seafood1.png (110 KB, 442x327) Image search: [Google]
Tom-Yam-Seafood1.png
110 KB, 442x327
Hey guys. Long story short, I've got to dial back my spending for this month. How unhealthy would it be for me to eat cup noodles once a day (pic related specifically) for five days a week from Monday to Friday?
>>
>>7341452
what do you think? if you want to eat cheap and healthy then get yourself some bulk dried beans and rice.
>>
That shit's not gonna last in your system for very long.

Don't fall for the "eat cheap, buy ramen" meme. You'll eat through your stash quick.
>>
>>7341452
So for one month? It wont make a difference.
>>
You should get one of those roasted chickens from a grocery store and add that that to your ramen. Those things are inexpensive and really good and a little bit goes a long way in some ramen.
>>
>>7341452
If you're going to do that, don't drink the broth afterwards. Cook it with leafy greens like spinach or chard.
>>
>>7341452
There's almost no food in that. Not in the way that "oh that's garbage" just it's not filling at all. I'd buy rice or pasta and stuff yourself until you want to die
>>
BEANS MOTHERFUCKER

BEANS BEANS THE MAGICAL FRUIT, THE MORE YOU EAT THE MORE YOU TOOT, THE MORE TOOT THE BETTER YOU FEEL SO EAT SOME BEANS WITH EVERY MEAL
>>
I tried OP, couldn't last a week without feeling like shit, buy beans, rice, and pasta
>>
OP here, any health problems that could develop out of this? It's only gonna be for a month, I'm not gonna get cancer am I?
>>
>>7341842
It's junk food. You figure it out.
>>
>>7341452
Too much sodium. You'll simply feel bad. Headache, hunger, thirst.

Buy some chicken granules and your own pasta, beans, etc. A batch of 13 bean soup is $2, and the hocks are $2 (or ham steak), add onion and a loaf of bread and you have 8-12 meals. Nuke it.

Cheap protein is PB, chicken thighs, carton of yogurt, cans of tuna with mayo, celery, onion and bread is easy eating.
>>
>>7341452
You'll just feel like shit the whole time since it's just empty calories, other than that you probably won't die just don't make it a habit
>>
>>7341452

if you want to save money

rice and beans

local vegetables

you won't sacrifice your health

Get with it nigger
>>
>>7341842
you could get hypertension
>>
>>7342078

this
>>
one pack of instant noodles is only 560 calories. if you mean that you're only going to eat one cup noodle per day and nothing else you'll starve for sure. if you mean you're going to eat one instead of your regular lunch you'll probably be fine.
>>
It's not all I'll be eating, just swapping it in for lunch
>>
You're dumb, OP.

Just get chicken thighs, some vegetables you like, and a couple pounds of brown or white rice.
>>
>>7341842
you'll be fine

stop being a little bitch
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.