[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.allmenus.com/ny/brooklyn /62040-pho-vietnam/menu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: pho.png (386 KB, 621x415) Image search: [Google]
pho.png
386 KB, 621x415
http://www.allmenus.com/ny/brooklyn/62040-pho-vietnam/menu/

never had viet food. and this menu is fuck huge. whats good?
>>
the various phos with beef should all be pretty good, pho is good. that #1 special bowl looks tasty.

viet vermicelli bowls are pretty good. get one with spring rolls, like #57 on the menu.

soda lemonade is good thing to have with a dinner if you're not having a beer. get a vietnamese coffee for dessert.
>>
make sure to get some spring rolls senpai
>>
seconding #1, it's not too crazy for your first time trying a dish. plus new york so a big bowl of hot soup will be good for cold days.

i also really love chao ga (#135), it's super comfort foody, very simple but delicious. i actually just made some last month and thawed some leftovers for today.

i also always get iced thai tea with condensed milk because i'm a dumb baby and it's like candy
>>
>>7341181
What the fuck is omosa? Find out it's tripe.
>>
>>7341181
Pho with Brisket/Flank, don't care for rare steak/beef ball personally.

DO NOT GET SALTED LEMONADE WTF WERE U GOOKS THINKING WITH THAT SHIT JESUS
>>
File: phokinggood.jpg (120 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
phokinggood.jpg
120 KB, 1000x750
>>7342273
You don't like salty lemonade? WTF is wrong with you? I bet you don't like egg yolk and evaporated milk soda either, you guttersnipe. Pic related (that's one of the best viet places near me).
>>
>Not just making your own pho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfhb9k2u5i4

You're a sucker.
>>
>>7341356
>pho
>vermicelli bowls
I'm pretty sure those are the only non-sandwich Vietnamese foods I've ever had. And the egg rolls, I guess.
>>
>>7343444
THERE WERE RUMORS HE WAS INTO PHO AND JUICY FLAVORS

THERE WERE RUMORS
>>
File: sparkle.gif (702 KB, 203x195) Image search: [Google]
sparkle.gif
702 KB, 203x195
Oh my god, this place sounds amazing. I'd make it my mission in life to sample everything at least once. Whatever you decide, OP, eat a bite for me! You lucky duck...
>>
appreciate the suggestions so far, i really dont know what to expect with viet food, but asian cuisines really appeal to me from what i have had
>>
>>7343635
It's like Thai food, if the Thai people were once ruled by the French.
>>
>>7343640
never had thai food ever so yeah i guess im going in blind
>>
>>7341181
Generally Viet joints in NYC are good at best, most are OK. It's easier to find really good Viet in other parts of the country.

That said, I've had good examples in Brooklyn. Usually the beef pho is good (don't be afraid of odd additions like tendon). Numbers 1,3,4,6,8,9,10,11,12 should all be pretty good.

The combination bun dishes are favorites of mine as well - noodles and veggies topped with a spring roll and some other stuff, with a sweet-spicy dipping sauce you can pour over it. 57 or 59 would be my choices in that vein.

30-35 look like safe bets for apps.

If I wanted to make lettuce wraps (messy but delicious) I'd go with 45,46,47,48,51 or 52.

I wouldn't risk the rest of the menu unless I knew where their strengths were. The dishes I listed above are pretty safe bets.
>>
>>7343623
Any chance you weebs can fuck off back to your containment board?
>>>/a/
>>>/jp/
>>>/pedo/
>>
File: 094905_laff2.jpg (21 KB, 265x300) Image search: [Google]
094905_laff2.jpg
21 KB, 265x300
Nice looking bowl of "fur", /ck/?
>mfw: You faggots got trolled hard and collectively took the bait
>>
>>7343705
suck cock, faggot
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>7343719
Angry weeb detected
>>
>>7343705
>>7343712
Oh shut up. OP is in a part of Brooklyn where his only choices are pretty much Chinese, Viet, old school Italian American and maybe some Eastern European. If he's tired of the other options and never had Viet before now is a good time for it.

Take your fear of "foreign" foods back to /pol/.
>>
>>7343727
cock slurping pole jockey detected
>>
>>7343744
>projection.jpg
:^)
>>
>>7343763
>my dick projecting a huge load all over your little sisters face
^_^
>>
File: abandon.gif (529 KB, 250x106) Image search: [Google]
abandon.gif
529 KB, 250x106
>>7343769
>damage control
>>
>>7343697
thanks yo
>>7343733
so true. love sheepshead bay but damn if it isnt the same recycled shit every block
>>
>>7343781
>your mom trying to control the damage I inflict on that pussy
>>
File: coon.jpg (163 KB, 600x367) Image search: [Google]
coon.jpg
163 KB, 600x367
>>7343863
>>
>>7343839
If you're desperate for some variety and you have the time hop the N train to 36th and grab some good Mexican in Sunset Park.
>>
Viet here

I speak for every Viet when I say my mom's pho taste better than anyone else's.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.