[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me your chili recipes /ck/. Tis the season. Originally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: 1453893132285.jpg (2 MB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
1453893132285.jpg
2 MB, 2304x1728
Tell me your chili recipes /ck/. Tis the season.

Originally chili was just cheap cuts of meat, salt, water, and chilies. Why do you add what you add?

>inb4 beans/nobeans flustercuck
>>
I'm not pretentious at all. Usually I'll grab like 3 lbs. of meat, either beef or a beef/pork mix, brown it, and throw it in the slow cooker with salt, hot peppers, adobo, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, and chili powder, toss in a bottle of beer, maybe a handful of blue corn tortilla chips to thicken it up, and let it stew until I get back from work.

It's easy, fucking delicious, and pisses off chili purists while not even using beans. I win on all counts.
>>
File: BILLAPPROVES.jpg (161 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
BILLAPPROVES.jpg
161 KB, 720x479
>>7339875
>>
I put beans in mine kek
>>
Tomatoes, chuck steak, chilli, onion, beer, can't remember what else.

But seriously don't add beans, it's literally just filler to make you feel full and to stretch it out. Might as well just add bread to it.
>>
>>7339875
> chili purists

Nobody cares that much about chili. It's just people joking around bud. I like your recipe tho, needs more beans.
>>
Call me for my chilli recipe
>>
File: 1446831336395.jpg (48 KB, 600x745) Image search: [Google]
1446831336395.jpg
48 KB, 600x745
Why do people hate beans again? It's literally one of the cheapest, fulfilling, and most nutritious foods out there
>>
This is kind of an old family recipe. I start off with a can of kidney beans. Drain them and add them to your largest pot. Then, add a small can of pinto beans, also drained. Add water to cover and simmer for an hour. At this point, you are going to need to add some more beans. Any kind will do, it doesn't matter anymore. Once it returns to a simmer, take it off the heat. You are now done! A dash of salt will really bring out the flavor of this chili.
>>
>>7339890
It strays from the "authentic" version in the OP that was the product of poverty/necessity to make shitty meat palatable.
>>
File: 1407663651440.jpg (4 KB, 146x200) Image search: [Google]
1407663651440.jpg
4 KB, 146x200
>>7339868
why these burgers always look so fucking great
I am not from the US so I never tasted them

are they as good as they look? I'm losing weight atm and this picture pierces my heart side to side.
>>
>>7339923
They are. Sorry you are stuck in such a predicament.
>>
http://themessybaker.com/2009/01/23/vegetarian-chili/

i add jalapenos or jalapeno sauce at the end.
>>
Bragging about your chili is a good ingredient.
I should know, I make the best chili.
>>
>>7339923
They're delicious but makes you want to kill yourself from the guilt afterwards, so its not with it anon, also off topic but keep at it with the weight loss streak, good luck.
>>
>>7339914
wrong it was made by ranchers in texas who had a shitload of meat but no veg
>>
>>7339923
It's just ground meat in a bun, regardless of where you live I'll assume you have access to those so, just make them yourself.
>>
File: In N Out.jpg (64 KB, 427x285) Image search: [Google]
In N Out.jpg
64 KB, 427x285
>>7339923
They're tasty as hell. At least In N' Out burgers are. They don't look appealing but they taste great.

The other anons are right when they say that they're obviously not healthy.

But this is America - you make a deal with the Devil when you get a taste of the food here.
>>
File: nevermind-idiot.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
nevermind-idiot.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>>7339985
Can you read?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.