[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Having a gal over for dinner. Going to make a cast iron skillet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: rzkbil4.jpg (106 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
rzkbil4.jpg
106 KB, 640x640
Having a gal over for dinner.

Going to make a cast iron skillet pizza.

I'm thinking of doing a side caprese salad. Will all that be too much tomato & cheese?

Also any ideas for a wine or cocktail to pair with the meal?

Thanks
>>
Do a simple arugula salad with a lemon vinaigrette and shaved parmesan, instead. Pair the meal with with either red wine or negronis.
>>
>>7335495
oh, add some pine nuts to that salad, too. arugula, lemon, olive oil, pine nuts, shaved parmesan. perfect side salad for pizza.
>>
>>7335403
A side of garlic butter broccoli would be nice.
>>
>>7335403
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>7335403
YOU FAGGOT! make a white pizza, she probably never seen one and will be impressed. buratta is another good option as most basic women would never know what it is. disregard the pine nut salad idiot most girls hate pine nuts. Or a nice fucking proscuitto and arugula pizza with burata ya dingus. and get some nice beer for a pizza and beer night like a chill fucking guy, wine and pizza is fucking fedora core shit. dont blow it. go to whole foods or any other NICE FUCKING MARKET and dont skimp on ingredients. fuck its not hard.
>>
>>7335495
>implying op is old enuff to buy alcohol

lol m8
>>
>>7335495
Why in the fucking fuck would any human wish to drink wine with a pizza

Whats next an oktoberfest meal with a side of pinot noir?!?!?!?!?!
>>
>>7335403

If you're going for a cast iron skillet pizza, pair it with a Caeser salad, maybe throwing things for an exciting mix by using kale and baby spinach instead of romaine.

A caprese will be too much more of the same. The caeser salad will compliment the pizza but also be distinct from it, while the undertones will reinforce the flavors of the meal.

No wines, this meal is too heavy. Or at least, not regular wines.

A light champagne would compliment things nicely, though if you want to go for broke (and are doing a home-made lemon-tanged caeser dressing), you might actually want to go bold and serve the meal with some mimosas.

Save the other half of the bottle of champagne for after the meal.
>>
>>7335403
no salad. just ranch dressing for the pizza. and a pint of ben & jerry's. My favorite is the half baked but whatever
>>
>>7337525
>kale and baby spinach
>exciting
>>
>>7337411
>make a white pizza
this is the only good part of your post, the rest is just awful.
>>
>>7337525

>caeser

But then it's anchovy dressing paired with anchovies on the pizza.
>>
>>7337646
Better than fucking romaine...

>>7337653
Meh, depends on the pizza. I'd personally go for dried tomato, peppers, and chicken breast for the toppings, perhaps with some green onions sprinkled on for color.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.