[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true Europeans drink most everything neat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: neat.jpg (19 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
neat.jpg
19 KB, 350x350
Is it true Europeans drink most everything neat?
>>
>>7327281
According to Jim Jefferies the English have very sensitive teeth due to poor dental hygiene. Hence warm beer and no ice in their cocktails.
>>
>>7327281
Most Europeans are pretty neat so yeah
>>
no

/thread
>>
>>7327281
I knew an english guy who worked here in Canada and his last name was Neat.
>>
>>7327294
Contrary to the stereotype, the English have, on average, decent teeth. It's the Polish that have less than average dental hygiene.
>>
I dunno but's an easy way to tell if you're getting your money's worth. I mean if it's full of ice then how do you really kow that you're getting the full shot that you've paid for?
>>
>>7327294
Well, that's what they get for not circumcising.
>>
>>7327294
>>7327307
English dental hygiene is just fine. It's just that orthodontics hasn't caught on like it has in the US.
>>
>>7327281
If it's an expensive whisky we do.
>>
>>7327334
Plus those who care about orthodontics are generally made a laughing stock for their unnecessary obsession over appearance, like those who fit to the classic, shallow Essex stereotype.
>>
>>7327307
>>7327334
The main reason Americans are under such an illusion about their own dental hygiene is because every media personality, no matter how minor, has perfectly aligned bleach-white teeth. They then take this to be a reflection of the general public's dental hygiene, which is hilarious.
>>
>>7327281
Nice whisky always neat, or with a tiny bit of water, never EVER ice.
Nice vodka neat. Shit vodka with anything that will mask the taste of vodka.
Gin with tonic, ice and a bit of lemon or lime. This is a quintessential English drink.
Not really a rum drinker so can't comment.
After-dinner drinks like amaretto, limoncello, or cointreau neat unless you're underage b&.

Cocktails will or won't have ice in depending on how they're meant to be made.

Do fortified wines like port, claret and madeira count as cocktails? No probably not.
>>
File: 1433270550446.gif (1000 KB, 350x260) Image search: [Google]
1433270550446.gif
1000 KB, 350x260
>>7327508
>adding
>rum
drink from the bottle, either on the gutter of a coastal town or on a ship

>fortified wines
i like port and drink it neat.

they're not cocktails

>tfw from porto (where port wine comes from)
>>
>>7327281
Everything except water
>>
>>7327645

Post francesinha.
>>
File: francesinha-santiago.jpg (650 KB, 1824x1824) Image search: [Google]
francesinha-santiago.jpg
650 KB, 1824x1824
>>7327675
i would, but i haven't eaten one in 3 months.

it's very fattening and i tend to get fat fast.

that said, it's delicious.

who'd think spiccy sauce over bread, eggs, sausage and steak would be such a killer combo

i wonder if i can go eat some now.

>pic related, last café i hate it at. i can cook it, but it's a pain
>>
Europe is not a country.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 640x480
>>7327281
Yes, because we are civilized. Why do you ruin every single drink with ice? Most beverages are supposed to be served chilled, not ice cold.
>mfw ice water
>>
>>7327281
Like every other civilized part of the world, depends on the quality of the liquor.

>>7327508
>Nice vodka neat
I always keep it in the freezer though. For some reason I can't drink vodka at room temperature, regardless of how good it is.

>Do fortified wines like port, claret and madeira count as cocktails?
They can either be an aperitif or digestif. For example, dry white port wine is usually served like as an aperitif or a cocktail.

>>7327645
Tripeiro :)
>>
File: 1441273724240.jpg (237 KB, 1236x826) Image search: [Google]
1441273724240.jpg
237 KB, 1236x826
>>7327698
porra, até aqui.

>tfw in lisbon right now for work
>tfw everyone makes fun of my accent.
>>
>>7327703
Just kidding, Porto is a fine town, lived and worked there for 3 years. Still miss eating at Taylor's, excellent wine, great food and god tier view.
>>
>>7327297
damn straight
>>
>>7327714

>tfw only spent one night in porto and the dinner at taylor's that night was in the dining room without the view
>>
>>7327714
yeah, taylor's is where it'a at. the wine is fantastic.

did you know taylor's is older than the U.S.A (1692).
Pretty well conserved (and surprisingly cheap to eat at)
>>
>>7327724
Then you have a reason to go back.

>>7327730
Yes I do. I used to take clients there for lunch every other week.
>>
>>7327281
I like to sometimes mix garbage tier rum or whiskey with coke or gin with grapefruit soda, but usually just because I want something about wine's strength and not to mask the taste or anything.
>>
european students and teenagers drink mixed drinks like everywhere else, maybe we have more of an appreciation for neat spirits but i doubt it's a big deal. i mean, come on, gin and tonics?
>>
No, if anything they prefer everything iced, or mixed with water.

The only ones who habitually drink liquor neat are the Sov^H^H^H^H^HRussians and their vassals (Poles, Estonians, Finns, Swedes, Czechoslovakians I'm sure, and maybe Roumanians but who knows, what do I look like a CIA agent?)
>>
Itt op thinks every european is james bond fedora tipping tier
>>
>>7328626
The fuck are you on about? Bond drinks mixed crap, he's a pleb tier drinker. Even his taste in champagne is shit.
>>
>>7328668

Dont ever talk to me like that again you rancid swine
>>
>>7328668

martinis are pretty close to neat
>>
>>7327281
I live in a country with 800x400 km, which is smaller than some states in the us and the diferences in gastronomy are very large from north to south, imagine in the whole of europe, do you think that question makes sense?
Also, higher quality drinks work best neat, whisky for example, you put ice in new whisky to cut some of the burn/sting, aged whisky is mostly smooth so ice hinders the flavour, dont know much about other drinks but I suppose they are similar
>>
>>7328668
But hish tashte in women ish impeccable.
>>
File: 1941-claudine_auger_003.jpg (81 KB, 997x1000) Image search: [Google]
1941-claudine_auger_003.jpg
81 KB, 997x1000
>>7328687
>assblasted fanboi

>>7328700
Kind of. You dilute it with ice, even if for a brief period.

>>7328709
Why yesh it ish.
>>
>>7328702
Yes. I've heard they have that in common. I think it's possible for Germans and Italians to have something in common, remote though the possibility may seem.
>>
>>7328700
The only reason anybody would want a martini shaken would be to get more ice to crack and melt into it, so it seems he can't even hack a full strength martini.
>>
>>7330440

i would imagine it's more about the chilling than the dilution, though i do appreciate that they go hand in hand
>>
>>7327303
this is like, the most valuable comment on the whole 'chan, like ever.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.