[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /ck/ help me on this one. What should I do with 155lbs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 1454185661969~2.jpg (1 MB, 2788x2217) Image search: [Google]
1454185661969~2.jpg
1 MB, 2788x2217
Hey, /ck/ help me on this one.

What should I do with 155lbs of deer meat?
>>
Deer is the fruit of the forest. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, deer-kabobs, deer creole, deer gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple deer, lemon deer, coconut deer, pepper deer, shrimp soup, deer stew, deer salad, deer and potatoes, deer burger, deer sandwich. That- that's about it.

>When boards collide
>>
File: 1451858097604.gif (2 MB, 343x228) Image search: [Google]
1451858097604.gif
2 MB, 343x228
>>7325631
oh my fuck
make what ever the fuck you want man you are set
>>
Is it in cuts or literally around ground?
>>
>>7325653
If it's ground he can stick it in anything
>>
>>7325634
Also deer-jerky.

>>7325631
Every hunter I know that has too much game meat just eats it for every meal until they hate themselves and hate deer even more. Slice off some steaks, put some olive oil in a pan, cook that shit with pepper and crushed red pepper and eat it between two slices of bread.

Do that until either it's gone or you start trying to give it away to people who don't even like it.

I don't even hunt but I end up eating like 40lbs of elk and deer a year because my friend is a hunter and he's boringly reliably good at hunting.
>>
>>7325634
>Deer is the fruit of the forest
almost there anon
>>
>>7325659
>Also deer-jerky.

Damnit, Bubba!
>>
Make stew out of it. I haven't met one guy who ever got tired of meat and potato stew.
>>
File: 1454195548304-1045274491.jpg (3 MB, 3280x2460) Image search: [Google]
1454195548304-1045274491.jpg
3 MB, 3280x2460
We got 155lbs of ground, 30lbs of venison chorizo, about 25~30 pounds of steak cuts, and some hodge podge of meat like jerky and summer sausage.

I'd say combined I have about 200lbs of venison in this fridge, maybe a little more than that.
>>
>>7325696
>30lbs of venison chorizo

That's one hell of an impacted bowel. Yet I'd eat it all.
>>
>>7325631
Send some to me, I'll make sandwiches.

[email protected]
>>
>>7325659
>tfw no hunter friend
I want free meat...
>>
Had so many buddies with freezers full of deer you get so sick of it after a while...deer sausuges are poverty just make stew
>>
>>7325634
>shrimp soup

Oh boy I love making shrimp soup from deer meat
>>
>>7325634
Nice one Baba. I thought u died in vietnam
>>
>>7325696
>>you ground that much of the thing
you are a terrible person.
>>
>>7325689
This this this.
Chili is good, too. Also stroganoff.
Anything where you cover it in sauce or liquid, basically.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIsMh-_QUJc
>>
>>7325631
Quick question for you americans, do you have to pay taxes or fees for hunted animals? Because getting this amount of meat would cost hundreds of dollars at a butchery and it kinda sounds awesome to get it for free by investing a day or two...
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (183 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
183 KB, 1920x1080
>>7328085
Yes, plus you need a special off-road vehicle, special hunting clothes, and special tools to break down the carcass, a special fridge for storing the meat, etc. It's not really a money saving proposition, more of a hobby for MGTOW fantasists, really, the kind of people who think "the shit will hit the fan any day now" and stockpile a year's worth of dry beans and rice but forgot to store a year's worth of fresh water and cooking fuel.

I mean if you're some redneck that hits an animal in the middle of the night on the way home from fucking your cousin, you can pretty much get away with anything, but for normal people this is how it is.
>>
>>7328105
Hobbyists are prone to mis-stating what they're spending by rationalizing it away via various logical fallacies.
>you can build state-of-the-art speakers at home that rival $50,000 ATCs for a few hundred dollars!
>oh well of course you have a lumberyard, the entire Festool catalog, WinISD, SMD tools, a PCB fab, an anechoic chamber, $28,000 worth of mics and DSPs, and an advanced EE degree, who doesn't?
>>
>>7328105
Wait. Butchering equipment is state regulated?
>>
>>7328124
Did you reply to the wrong post?
>>
>>7328130
>special tools to break down the carcass
>special car
>special fridge
>>
>>7328133
Do you think it's serial killers who drive the consumption of chest freezers and bone saws?

Also, most people have something like a Prius or a Civic. Privately owned trucks (other than in the deep south and places like that) are for people who fancy themselves "self reliant" hunter types.
>>
>>7328143
OP here.

I field dress on the spot after finding the kill, and use a utility ATV for transport.
>>
>>7328012
Yeah, I make plenty of medicine chili with the ground venison. I use it in Hamburger Helper too. It works.
>>
These are the most gainz I have ever seen in a fridge at one time.
>>
>>7325631
You should give some to your favorite burger joint and have them make venison burgers for the weekly special. Some nice hunter did that at my burger spot last year and it was awesome
>>
>>7325631
Get some nice big tables.
Get a shit ton of booze
Set up in the backyard
Get some good music
Get some additional food
Get a fuckhuge pile of buns
Invite everyone you know and have a banquet
>>
File: 1432168604436.jpg (28 KB, 378x434) Image search: [Google]
1432168604436.jpg
28 KB, 378x434
>>7328143

I take it you've never had to haul anything bigger than groceries in your vehicles?

I live in Tennessee, and I'll be the first to say that I hate driving a pickup truck because it's definitely a hick's vehicle, but to say they're only attractive to hicks and hunters (usually the same thing down here), is incorrect.

I mean, think of all the things you wish your car could do, but couldn't such as:

>Haul things
>Drive up a really steep cliff
>Drive in the snow and ice without making deals with god.
>Not be blinded by the headlights of every truck behind you.
>Make your dick look bigger senpai
>>
You could dump it in a ditch somewhere. That's what I would do.
>>
>>7325631
bambi burritos

my fiance's mom got offended when I called them that
>>
>>7330919
>Drive in the snow and ice without making deals with god.

You don't need a truck to do that. Snow tires and knowing how to god damn drive is all you need.
>>
>>7332257
>snow tires
>doing anything against freezing rain
>sliding across four lanes of traffic because my sedan hit a one inch by.one inch patch of hidden fun ice

I fucking hate my piece of shit versa. Even with snow tires if there isn't four pounds if salt per foot of road I can guarantee something fucky will happen
>>
Reassemble it in the shape of a deer laying in the middle of the road.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.