[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a big fan of liqueurs, I'm going to try to make some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: OrangeLiqueurFeatImg.jpg (1 MB, 2962x1566) Image search: [Google]
OrangeLiqueurFeatImg.jpg
1 MB, 2962x1566
As a big fan of liqueurs, I'm going to try to make some homemade fruit liqueurs today.

The plan is to use high ABV grain alcohol in orange zest for one batch, with thinly sliced, ripe peaches in another, and with berries in the third, which may be a combo of two berries, or just raspberries.

Orange liqueur--in the thread yesterday, there was some confusion about adding juice. One anon said to add compound syrup made partly from juice, but it wasn't exactly clear WHEN to add it--directly into the zest/grain alcohol the same day you add zest to the booze? Researching other recipes didn't tell me anything about juice. It seems fine not to add it at all, but want to consider it if it enhances the flavors.

Everything else seems pretty clear. I'm going to ripen the peaches as much as I can with brown bags, and I've read it's best to mash up berries a bit before you add them to the booze. Any thoughts on that?

Also--I've seen variations in wait times, but what's optimum? Leave the fruit in for 4 weeks, or is 2 just about as good? Then add the syrup and wait for another 2-4 weeks? What have you guys found are the best steeping/aging times? I guess it might vary on fruit type as well.
>>
any advice /ck/?
>>
>>7324497
google limoncello recipes, and go from there. you typically mix with simple syrup or another sugar AFTER the zest has sat on the liquor for however long you plan on (months usually). use everclear or some higher proof alcohol, it works much faster at extracting fruit flavors than vodka does.

you can always taste periodically, but I usually let the zests soak at least a month.
>>
>>7324497
Start with Mead. It's the simplest thing in the world. From there learn to distill. Finally, perfect.

Also pee where's the alck thread wife drove me to drink
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.