[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Keto - Low carb thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 8
File: IMG_20160115_165124.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160115_165124.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
What you eatin fatfags?

I made some cauliflower pizza the other day. Shit actually feels like pizza, gonna have to look for parchment paper in this third world shithole to see if I don't have to spend 15 minutes just taking the damn paper out of the crust.

Also, microwaving cheddar makes for a nice crunchy snack that isn't oily as shit. Pic related.
>>
>>7323938
That's kinda neat. How long do you microwave them? Do you just do it on paper towels?
>>
>>7323938
Did anyone notice their skin becoming soft after few days on keto? I don't have to put body lotion anymore. Also, had salmon and green beans for lunch, it was dope.
>>
File: everything is fine.jpg (127 KB, 960x814) Image search: [Google]
everything is fine.jpg
127 KB, 960x814
>>7323938
explain this "cauliflower pizza"

please.
>>
>>7323996
normal pizza toppings, but the crust is made of cauliflower

bbcgoodfood dot com slash recipes slash cauliflower-crust-pizza

I prefer the flaxmeal crust tho
>>
>>7323938
>Keto
lol
>>
>>7323969
I split hamburger-sized slices into two, put them on wax paper, paper onto a sturdy plate and microwave them from anything between a minute and a half and 2 minutes (depending on how much it is).

When it's done I take the paper out (plate is fucking hot at this point), wait 5 minutes and start carefully separating the cheese from the paper. Takes a bit of practice to figure out the best way to do it without leaving traces of paper. Parchment paper however may work better.

>>7323987
Keto does miracles to the skin indeed. My gf had heavy issues with acne scars that completely went away in ~4 months.

Did you use any seasoning for the salmon? I always use a cheap mix of salt and herbs but it's really the first thing I found at the supermarket.

>>7323996
You have to use a cauliflower head turned into cauliflower rice, steam it and then completely drain it of water with a dishtowel.

Put it in a bowl, add an egg and mix it with shredded cheese (anything between a 8:1 to 1:1 cauliflower cheese ratio, I do 2:1 with mozzarella).

Put the dough on parchment paper, shape it like a pizza and into the oven it goes like a good jew. Have to preheat it to ~200C though. Bake for 30 - 45 minutes, take it out, add toppings and put it into the oven for a little more (5 mins maybe?) to get the cheese to melt.

It's pretty damn good and actually tastes like pizza. I'm not going to say it's identical, but it's as close as it gets.
>>
File: best-cauliflower-pizza.jpg (207 KB, 800x732) Image search: [Google]
best-cauliflower-pizza.jpg
207 KB, 800x732
>>7323996
>>7324023
Here's a picture I grabbed off the website where I got the recipe.
>>
>>7324023
How do the pizza slices hold up when eating?
>>
>>7324045
Very well, I think the cheese in the crust helps in that regard. I've only had them break when separating from the shitty wax paper I've had to use.
>>
>>7324048
Man, I don't think you're supposed to bake with wax paper.
>>
>>7324052
Definitely not. But it's the only thing I have around in here. Supermarkets don't carry parchment/sulfurized paper, I think I'll have to literally start a search around the city and see if anyone's carrying it.
>>
Is hummus okay for keto? I'm addicted to that stuff
>>
Fuggin fat people and their meme diets
>>
>>7324081
>Is hummus okay for keto?

Not completely sure. As anything, just watch how many carbs you eat. I'm doing max 20-30g of carbs per day.

>>7324084
Everything's a meme in /ck/ anyways.

And this shit has made me lose 20 kg in 4 months with no exercise and without feeling hungry. So call me a fucking proud meme-loving fuck.
>>
I made cloud bread the other day. It tastes kind of eggy, but it makes good sandwich bread.
>>
>>7324023
Yeah for my skin too. I have problems with eczema and dry skin so I usually go keto in winter just because of that. I used salt, some "italian herb mix" and lemon in the end for the salmon fillet. Cooked it in butter until it got a golden brown crispy crust.
>>
>>7324057
If you can find a baking supply store, they'll probably have it
>>
Not trying to b8, but doesn't keto kill your digestive system with all the fat involved?
>>
>>7324184
Nope. On the contrary, fat doesn't make your body produce insuline like carbs do, practically almost curing type 2 diabetics.

There's a possible increase in the risk of development of kidney stones if you drink almost no water and do keto, but there haven't been any studies, just some broscience. In any case you should be drinking some fucking water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8&t=1m27s

Captcha was clicking on Pizza btw.
>>
>>7324209
No, I mean, isn't it hard to digest? You don't get stomach problems?
>>
>>7324216
Uh, nope? Digestion is supposedly a bit slower than otherwise but everything's quite normal.

Only shitting can be different because you try different kind of foods and some may make you shit funny, like sunflower seeds (and it's definietely not a problem, I just bought a kilo of the stuff) or may make your shits more irregular. But I've never had ass-wrecking hard logs nor acid diarrhea like I used to before the diet so that's a win in my book.
>>
>>7323938

i've never heard of microwaving cheddar before, i'm gonna try that
>>
I've been doing keto for 7 months, ended up losing 60 pounds, at 195 now. However, I want to start a much more serious workout regiment, so I am increasing my carbs from 0-20 to 30-60. Starting each day with oatmeal now.
>>
>>7323938
Why do idiots fall for the "lol no carbs for me...carbs are the spawn of satan tbqhw lol" meme?
If you're trying to lose weight, intermittent fasting is far more superior. You still get to enjoy delicious Italian cuisine and still lose weight
>>
File: 20160130_125652.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160130_125652.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I bought 48 eggs. I just make omlettes for days.

I broke and used sprouted whole wheat toast for breakfast today
>>
>>7324766
Enjoy that high cholesterol senpai
>>
>>7324771
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/03/02/us-guidelines-dietary-cholesterol-limits.aspx

You're dumb, fagboy
>>
>>7324771
Is it 1989?
>>
>>7324756
but if you do both, it works even better

both are valid
>>
>>7324756
>it's a meme because I said so
no

I'm down 40 pounds in 3 months, I eat less than 25g carbs daily and have one day about every week or so where I "can eat carbs" that usually boils down to "I'm only eating carbs today"

I eat mostly meat and no carb veggies like onion and peppers. I also eat a lot of cheese.

>(Protip) Shred some cheddar, fry it in a dry pan until it starts to crisp up and enjoy like chips.
It's got a better flavor than your microwaved version
>>
Get plain, unsweetened greek yogurt, lemon juice, coconut oil, stevia powder (1:1 sugar replacement), vanilla extract, salt.

Mix one cup of greek yogurt with one tablespoon melted coconut oil, and half a cup of stevia powder. Mix in lemon juice (about a teaspoon), salt (about half a teaspoon), vanilla extract (about a teaspoon), etc, to taste.

Let it chill in the fridge, low carb cheesecake.
>>
>>7324879
gonna try this, but last time I checked greek yogurt had a "lot" of carbs per serving (maybe 5-15g)
>>
>>7324756
I spoke to a dietician and told them i dont want pills. I ate about 2k calories a day, drank water and excersized doing cardio 1 hour 3 times a week. My weight maintained at 230. Never lost one pound, just looked less fluffy and gross.

She told me i had "pre diabetes" and needed to go low carb to lose weight and prevent diabetes.

Guess what, in 6 months ive lost 20 pounds and im not longer prediabetic.
>>
>>7323938
I made this pizza before and it was absolutely disgusting. I never throw out food, but I had to.

Also, I've tried making cheese crisps before, first time was dope and the second time it melted. Both were done in the oven and I assume different recipes. Are you saying I can just microwave the cheddar and get good results?

> just read your other comment that answers all my questions.

Thanks!
>>
>>7324812
>no carb veggies like onion

Except onions have carbs. More than broccoli.

Just admit you're a picky eater.
>>
>>7325048
I love every food idiot that's why I'm fat in the first place.
I also don't use very much onion
>>
>>7325048
actually my friend one cup of chopped onion has 7g of carbs and one serving of broccoli has 10g
>>
>>7325061
Eat your vegetables.
>>
>>7324023
>keto diet heals scars
okay
>>
>>7325084
Are you seriously comparing fucking volume of all things, to some vague notion of a serving? Use grams. I'm not wrong.
>>
>>7325086
I really enjoy vegetables

The problem is that most every vegetable has some amount of carbs
when 5 carbs is 20% of your maximum daily intake you have to consider very carefully if you would rather have veggies or something else

>>7325100
While that's true in a gram for gram measurement (~2g carb difference in 100g of food)
you don't eat broccoli and onions the same way
You'd UNDOUBTEDLY use less onion to flavor the dish than having a side of broccoli, unless you eat an amount smaller than a portion (which is barely anything to begin with, whereas 100g of onion is more than enough to flavor anything you'd eat.
>>
>>7325094

keto and caloric restriction are known to accelerate healing
>>
File: 1444885763491.jpg (67 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1444885763491.jpg
67 KB, 960x640
>>7325127
Why are you lying on the Internet.
>>
>>7325127
weed is known to cure cancer
>>
>>7325133

>i've never read a paper in my life
>>
>>7324184
You're supposed to consume a lot of (leafy green) veggies and insoluble fiber on keto, not just gorge yourself on fat. If you follow that, no digestion problems.
>>
File: IMG-20160130-WA0017.jpg (460 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160130-WA0017.jpg
460 KB, 3264x1836
>>7323938
I made a decent chicken avocado casserole earlier. Pic related
>>
>>7324209
How the fuck can you do keto and not drink water? I'm thirsty all the time and easily meet the suggested water intake.
>>
>>7324123
I'd rather call you an idiot because all you did was eat less.

Ducking fat must correlate with stupid cause none if you idiots seem to be about the law of thermodynamics, but that maybe due to being fat and lazy? Those correlate right?
>nb4 lack of knowledge about ketosis and the start of humanity
>>
>>7324812
>>(Protip) Shred some cheddar, fry it in a dry pan until it starts to crisp up and enjoy like chips.
>It's got a better flavor than your microwaved version

I'll really have to look into that. To be honest these cheddar chips have pretty much no flavor, I usually just dip them in mustard because I cba to make actual dipping.

>>7325036
> just read your other comment that answers all my questions.

Remember to be very religious on the draining of the pizza, this is the article where I got it from: http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/the-secret-to-perfect-cauliflower-pizza-crust/

It really makes all the difference.

>>7325094
This is 4chan, otherwise I'd just show you pictures of her. Really, if you know someone who had acne issues that left a mark, get them into keto. And by someone I mean you you fat fuck, lose weight.

>>7325134
Since you brough that up, some scientists believe that ketosis may actually cause some types of cancer to starve since their mutated mitochondria can only feed off glucose and can't adapt to ketones, making them rely on the little carbs you eat and gluconeogenesis, but more data is needed to confirm or deny its effectiveness.

>>7325242
Don't know, been the same for me. But I've had days where I get lost in shitposting and don't drink enough.

>>7325265
That's the point of keto retard. Any diet that works involves you eating less or exercising a fuckton. What keto does is not make you feel hungry so much since fat keeps you satisfied for longer. It's not uncommon at all for me to skip dinner because I don't feel like eating and would rather go to bed.

Captcha: Clicking on bread.
Google is definitely fucking with me.
>>
>>7324756
Actually, fasting puts your body into ketosis, but it is much less healthy, and more disruptive to your daily life. It fucks with your hunger cycle and many people end up bingeing and will actually gain weight.

I was by no means fat when I started doing keto, but after a couple months I've lost 10 lbs., my cholesterol levels are better, I look and feel great, and I have partially reversed my type 1 diabetes. Not type 2, type 1. Shit is fantastic.

I don't count calories or play little psychological dieting games. I never feel hungry. I have tons of energy all day long. High carb diets suck. They absolutely suck. This is going to add 10 years to my life.
>>
>>7325242
You probably piss like a racehorse too. Try keeping water with you throughout the day and sip it every few minutes.
>>
>>7325382
Thanks for the pizza tips. Gonna try this asap.
Any advice, from experience, on toppings? Or even making a "pan style" type?
>>
>>7325711
Tomato sauce, onion, mozzarella and oregano. Plain and simple over here.
>>
>>7324081
I limit myself to no more than 30g a day and never get kicked out.
>>
>>7325382
>And by someone I mean you you fat fuck, lose weight.
why are you assuming i'm fat? because i doubted that going on a keto diet will make your scars vanish in 4 months? does a keto diet make you stupid or are stupid people attracted to a keto diet?
>>
>>7323938
I can't into keto because I'm an alcoholic.

I don't drink soda or ever eat fast food. I do all cooking at home every day.

But I can't not drink.
>>
>>7325754
You can drink on keto. Vodka and whiskey for example.

It does hit you like a shipment of trucks though.
>>
>>7325763
>Vodka and whiskey for example.
How are these different from any other alcohol?
>>
>>7325766
No carbs like beer or wine. That said, a glass of wine a day is perfectly fine. It's around 5 carbs I believe.
>>
File: 1451929516152.jpg (289 KB, 1280x851) Image search: [Google]
1451929516152.jpg
289 KB, 1280x851
>1lb of bacon for breakfast
>salad for lunch
>fried kielbasa with onions and cheddar for dinner
>can't stop thinking about waffles, donuts, pancakes, baked mac&cheese, fried chicken
etc
>>
>>7325754
I am the exact same.
Water. Whiskey. All meals @ home. Minimal net carbs (<25g/day).
You'll slowly lose weight as long as you stick with it.
Start walking or something and it will be faster.
I am slightly biased to the low-carb diet because I require meat and whiskey. Zero carbs, my man!
>>
>>7325891
If you make it yourself and don't go overboard on the breading, fried chicken isn't all that bad for you.

Also, my contribution to this thread is something I recently got into
< deviled eggs!!!
>>
I had a nice, simple dinner tonight. A few strips of bacon, cucumber salad with olive oil/balsamic vinaigrette, and mushrooms sautéed in the bacon grease with red wine deglazed pan sauce.
>>
>>7324812
What was it like breaking through the Keto flu? About how long did it take for you to get your momentum?
>>
How do you guys get your fruits and veggies in while on keto?

I dunno if I could do without sweet potatoes
>>
>>7326585
I never got sick or anything when I started, actually the exact opposite

You start burning fat as soon as your body enters ketosis meaning it could be 3-4 solid dieting days before you even start burning fat. After that though the loss is pretty substantial, so the longer you can stick to it the better. It is recommended to eat normally one day every week or two weeks with two yielding much better weight loss results.

>>7326591
you don't get any fruit
but it's okay because you can eat two pounds of grilled chicken breast for breakfast
>>
>>7323938
How do you enjoy being miserable all the time because you starve your body of energy?
>>
>>7326844
If you'd read the thread you'd know that it doesn't make you "low energy"

In fact that opposite
>>
>>7324912

The brand I bought was about 6g/cup.
>>
Keto is for lazy fags who refuse to work out.

Eat your fruits and veg and stop being queers.
>>
File: freaking epic dude.png (220 KB, 640x486) Image search: [Google]
freaking epic dude.png
220 KB, 640x486
>>7326866
thanks for the informative scientific debate about why we shouldn't diet this way
>>
>>7326844
I shoveled snow for 6 hours non-stop 2 days in a row last week. I felt like I had plenty of energy, so I went for a 3 mile walk each afternoon. Ketotic metabolism is great.

>>7326866
I eat a lot of vegetables and lift. 15" biceps, about 15% body fat. It's only getting better. Women are starting to look at me again, sometimes blush when I talk to them.
>>
been on keto 2 years have lost 170 pounds on it, my weight loss was fast enough my body looks like a sad deflated balloon because of it.
>>7324613
should only up your carbs over 35g if you're doing heavy lifting/cardio that day
>>7324879
or you can take a cheesecake recipe and replace the sugar with erythritol/stevia mix and make the crust out of nut flour. I make mini cheese cakes like this, have also made a full sized one as well.
>>7324917
10 pounds of that is water weight from lack of glycogen
>>7325478
intermittent fasting is going 20 hours without food and over 4 hours eating your desired caloric intake for the day, you get a slight metabolism boost from it but a PSMF is superior if you have the will power.
>>7326591
fruit is limited to pretty much berries
>>7326844
once your body adapts to using ketones over glucose theres hardly any difference except with lifting very heavy weights.
>>7325891
i posted a chicken tender recipe in the low carb chicken thread
>>
>>7326876
>top:Refutation
>not smug anime girl
>>
>>7327126
>sad deflated balloon
i know that feel bro. i am literally covered in stretch marks
>>
>>7324796
Hearty kek.
>>
Keto restricts the foods you eat way too much.

I'm just simply cutting my calorie intake to about 1200-1500~ a day of my recommended 2050 cals a day. Add that with a bit of exercise too. Much easier, better food, same results. Lost 10 lbs in under a month.
>>
>>7327319
Keto is just one way of dealing with a caloric deficit man, whatever works for you definitely go for it. If you feel like your diet is taking a toll on you, do consider keto.

As for me once I get to a weight I'm comfortable with I'm sticking with keto one way or another. The benefits are just too good to pass up and I'd just feel hungry all the time otherwise.
>>
>>7327126
>or you can take a cheesecake recipe and replace the sugar with erythritol/stevia mix and make the crust out of nut flour. I make mini cheese cakes like this, have also made a full sized one as well.

You *can*, but you can still gain weight with too many calories on keto, and cream cheese is very calorie-dense. There are some carbs in greek yogurt, but also loads of protein, and a cup of greek yogurt has a fraction of the calories of a cup of cream cheese.
>>
>>7325771
vodka has no calories now?
>>
>>7328457
>>7328478
in my experience calories really don't matter on keto, though lower results in faster weight loss
>>
>>7328478
With 7 calories per gram, the number of calories in alcohol is second only after fat (9 cals/g). When looking at the calories in vodka, it has a typical alcohol content of 40%. So for a 25ml (single) measure, you're looking at around 55 calories, or, 110 calories for a double.
>>
What's the best way to increase my fat intake without increasing carb consumption? I have trouble doing keto unless I take it to the extreme (<20g carbs/day), but I'm pretty sure my protein/fat ratio is off because of it.
>>
>>7328832
eat lard
>>
>>7328481
They matter because physics is still in play. You just won't need as high of a deficit to get the results you want.
>>
Of course I can count on 4chan to be a place where anons bitch about fat people and then bitch about them losing weight.

Props to all the low-carbers; keep at it!
>>
>>7328832
Bake everything in butter and never let a drop go to waste. If you live in burgerland or some other place like it, you'll have to check that your butter is made with milk from grass-fed cows.

Truth be told, I never expect to get my fat intake high enough, although things like soy sauced sunflower seeds have helped me a lot with that. Shit, I get full eating just a fistful of them.
>>
>>7329406
And by bake I mean fry* because I'm retarded.
>>
>>7328457
It's called moderation, recipe I adapted with a nut crust has about 400 kcal per slice which is 1/6th of the cake. without the nut crust it's about 250kcal per serving.
>>7327295
yeah the stretchmarks will haunt me forever, just wish i could get rid of this excess crap on my stomach and thighs, refuses to go away.
>>7328832
aged cheese, eggs, could make a pudding with avacado and some walden farm's chocolate syrup.
>>
6'5 and 300 pounds here. I've been considering this diet (especially knowing the amount of soda I drank before I cared about my weight probably gave me type 2) and I'm just curious how you guys physically/mentally felt going through it.
>>
>>7329837
it's really not bad if you have the willpower to stop shoving donuts in every hole
>>
>>7329837
If you suffer from keto fever during the first month, endure it, manage a good electrolyte intake (a teaspoon of salt downed with a lot of water can be enough).

After that (if you get the fever at all), it gets easy. You might occasionally get cravings as in "I wanna eat something bad" but never as in "I NEED TO STUFF MY FACE WITH THIS SHIT".

Plus there are a lot of alternatives to shit food to keep you satisfied. Let's start off with the fact that this diet allows you to start the day with a good plate of fatty bacon and eggs. And then you have the kind of stuff we've been discussing in the thread like the cheddar chips I posted on the OP or the cauliflower pizza. Hell, you can even eat a little of really dark chocolate (check carbs first though) and since your tongue has forgotten what sugar is like it tastes way less bitter than you'd expect.

Name crap food you eat and I may be able to suggest an alternative. And before you mention the soda again: Coke diet/zero is a-okay, although I wouldn't recommend drinking it until you've been keto-adapted for three months+ since it might prevent you from getting into ketosis.
>>
>>7325127
>Caloric restriction accelerates healing
What, why, I can't really wrap my head around this one.
>Healing requires rebuilding tissues which requires proteins etc and energy to do so
>having less available energy speeds this up
This seems like saying you'll build more muscle on a cut than on a bulk/maintenance
>>
>>7324812
it is a meme. i've lost over 110 pounds eating plenty of carbs. calories are what matter for weight loss you stupid faggot
>>
>>7324917
height?

there is no way you didn't lose weight on 2kcal/day
>>
>>7330005
I think he got that one wrong and it's more related to the fact that sugar and carbs keep your skin from healing as it normally does. It's just that our understanding of "normal" is skewed due to us growing up after the FDA's started its war on fat on the early 80s.

>>7330010
Shit nigger, read the threat. It's not a meme and it's obvious that calories in - out is the only thing that matters. What keto does is make dieting require less willpower since you feel less hungry and more energized with less food since your body burns fat more slowly than carbs.
>>
>>7330010
I eat more calories than I should theoretically be able to eat except I still lose weight because my body is in ketosis moron
>>
>>7327126
Two years non stop?
>>
>>7330005
>>7330038
And to add onto that, the increase in colesterol intake may play a part as well.
>>
>>7330038
>your body burns fat more slowly than carbs.

what?
>>
>low carb
>cheese
Am I being trolled?
>>
>>7330039
no, you don't.
>>
>>7330086
cheese doesn't have much carbs.... are you retarded?
>>
>>7330089
whatever you say
>>
>>7330079
The process that takes fat, and makes it into ketone bodies from its fatty acids to then deliver them to give energy to your body happens in a longer lapse of time than the process that takes carbs, makes glucose out of them and pushes it to your bloodstream.

It goes more or less like that.
End result is you eat carbs: more energy than you can spend in a short period of time (that's why people stock on carbs before hitting the gym), eat fat: energy delivered over more time, don't get tired/hungry as early as with carbs.

>>7330086
Only sweet cheeses have carbs anon. Look it up. Milk has carbs but when turned into cheese they go away. Don't ask me how dunno how to make cheese.

>>7330089
He does have a point. Insulin is the thing that tells your body wether to store what you eat as fat or deliver it as energy. More insulin means bigger fat storages and the less carbs, the lower the glycemic index of a food, which is the indicator of how much insulin digesting the food will produce.
>>
>>7330133
Bacteria and mold consume the lactose. That's how cheese is made.
>>
>>7324917
>I ate about 2k calories a day...My weight maintained at 230.
people underestimate (or just flat out lie when telling other people) how much they eat

i consume bread, pasta, or potatoes every day. i also eat cheese, eggs, and meat, and plenty of veg. i even eat dessert. i'm at a perfect weight.

you probably just didn't eat enough protein and fat and so you ate more than necessary since you never felt satiated, or just still ate way too much.
>>
>>7330100
Are you?
>>
>>7324917
>2000 calories every day
>230 lbs

literally impossible, fatty
>>
>>7324812
Onions have more sugar than sugar beets.
>>
>>7324917
Are you like 5ft even?
>>
>>7328879
your body is not a literal fire. under some conditions, you can eat 10,000 calories, and gain zero weight, because your intestines are simply not absorbing them and you shit them out.

furthermore, a great deal of the calories you eat are just shat out.if you eat 2000 calories, you absorb less than half.

using different metabolic systems to get nutrients will create different uses of your resources; and different physiological states.

since reducing fat is the goal, consuming no sugar teaches your body to get energy from fat. your body will use the fat resources it has available more readily if you simply don't sugars for a while.

it is NOT as simple as 'physics calories'. your body is a great number of orders of magnitudes more complex than a fire.
>>
>>7330330
please give me one source for even just one of the stupid claims you made
>>
>>7330412

lets just go in order that they appear.

>>your body is not a literal fire.

well. my work is finished here.
>>
>>7330041
with carb refeeds scattered in there yeah.
>>7330086
young and soft cheeses are more likely to have carbs than aged hard cheeses due to the bacteria consuming the lactose/lactate
>>
Speaking of cheeses.

Have you guys tried doing mozzarella sticks rolled in shredded/powdered parmesan? I've got both ingredients in the fridge but I haven't gotten around to preparing them.
>>
>>7330089
Maybe he doesn't know the reason either, but you actually DO lose more weight on keto proportional to any other diet. There's a metabolic inefficiency when you start keto, and so you will use less calories than you take in.

Not only that, but if you have enough fats the weight you lose won't be lean body mass. Even if you were to lose less weight, you'll likely have a lower body fat percentage faster.
>>
>>7332027
Quick elaboration, when I say "enough fats" I mean enough fats in your daily intake.
>>
>>7329990
Burgers, Mexican, TexMex, Meatloaf, Pizza, and every form of cooked potato. I know I can make those all healthy very easily, but my problem is portions.
>>
>>7332147
>Burgers

Everything but the bun is keto friendly. There's things like cloud bread to substitute it if absolutely necessary.

>Mexican, TexMex

Tacos you mean?, those are categories of foods. In the case of tacos it's the same deal as burgers. You'll find plenty of keto taco recipes on Google too.

>Meatloaf

Use parmesan cheese and eggs to keep it all together instead of bread.

>Pizza

Cauliflower pizza as mentioned all over the thread. There are other types, like almond/coconut flour pizza (not ideal carbs-wise) and an anon mentioned he does the crust with flax meal too.

>and every form of cooked potato

That's something you'd have to give up.

As for portions, that's what keto takes care of to help you lose weight. The high fat intake makes you feel full much more easily and for longer, just make sure that you *are* doing a caloric deficit, but feel free to give yourself a month before controlling calories to adapt to the diet.

I myself never control calories, I just see if I'm losing weight fast enough and if not I eat less, but with the food I eat being fatty, little self control is required.
>>
sometimes I miss carbs
but then I realize I can just eat a pound of shrimp with homemade cocktail sauce (light ketchup lots of horseradish) for under 16 carbs
>>
>>7332031
regardless of diet the only way to reduce LBM loss is sufficient protein intake.
>>7332217
i like making coconut shrimp sometimes
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.