[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there some sort of hierarchy of foods or something? I made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 20160130_005246.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160130_005246.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Is there some sort of hierarchy of foods or something?

I made a onion garlic mushoom thing with soy sauce then added a microwave butter chicken meal to it, after I added cheese.
When I was done the butter chicken flavor was completely destroyed.

Why does this happen?
How do I know which flavors work together?
How do I know which flavors destroy other flavors?
>>
>>7323565
Soy sauce takes over everything just about. That's why people add more hints things to it like ginger, lime, or black pepper.

The same way cumin makes everything taste Mexican.

Keep practicing nigga
>>
>>7323565
>Why does this happen?
>How do I know which flavors work together?
>How do I know which flavors destroy other flavors?

soy sauce destroys pretty much every other flavor. use it very sparingly only!
>>
>>7323569
>Keep practicing nigga
But I'm really awful.

>cumin
>cum in
kek
>>
>>7323569
>Soy sauce takes over everything just about.
>>7323575
>soy sauce destroys pretty much every other flavor.
Is this shit actually true?

What physically happens to the flavors molecules?
How does soy sauce destroy it?
>>
>>7323577
>But I'm really awful.

Yeah, we can tell. That honestly looks like shit. Soy sauce is salty as fuck and it looks like you added a cup full. Of course it's going to overpower and eliminate any sweet heat the butter chicken had. And then you add cheese? And eat it on your bed?

>cum in
>kek

Oh I get it, you're 13 years old. You probably shouldn't post here.
>>
>>7323579
look no one here is a food scientist, maybe you could look up some books people who study how food taste works? i'm sure there are some books and youtube videos on that if you are actually interested but most of us dont know why, we just practice until we know how to wield these flavors well.

for soy sauce, its probably because it's salty, vermented, and vinegary, just tasting a little bit fills your mouth with a taste, downing a table spoon easily would be pretty difficult.
>>
>>7323579
Why the fuck are you even on this board if you don't know the most basic shit like the fact that sodium overpowers other flavors? You always use salt sparingly. You can always add more, but you can't subtract it once you add it and even just a little too much can ruin the dish.
>>
>>7323584
>Of course it's going to overpower and eliminate any sweet heat the butter chicken had. And then you add cheese? And eat it on your bed?
I know it's bad.
How the fuck do you people LEARN how to do this shit?
There must be some book or something?
Some science and chemistry.
Please please help me.
Point me in the right direction.

>Oh I get it, you're 13 years old.
No, I'm just really drunk.
>>
>>7323601
>How the fuck do you people LEARN how to do this shit?

School? Home cooking youtube videos? Common sense? You must have some favorite foods, look up recipies and practise them until you develop some kind of flavor pallette. Experiment within certain confines instead of just throwing random shit together like you did for this meal.
>>
>>7323595
>i'm sure there are some books and youtube videos
But there's not.

>>7323600
>like the fact that sodium overpowers other flavors
I was told sodium enhances all flavors
what the fuck are you talking about?
Also soy sauce isn't a type of salt, it's a flavor.

>>7323613
>School? Home cooking youtube videos? Common sense?
Man I'm asking you for videos, pdfs, textbooks, anything
real hard knowledge.

>some kind of flavor pallette
What is that?

>Experiment within certain confines instead of just throwing random shit together like you did for this meal.
It's all I know how to do.
HELP ME

There must be SOMETHING that explains what flavors go with what.
>>
>>7323637
That SOMETHING is a recipe book. There's a reason why this board is under the creative section. People have been throwing shit together since man invented fire. Then people started messing the shit they threw together. Then people started writing cookbooks.

Go to sleep and re-read this thread in the morning. It'll make more sense.
>>
>>7323651
>Then people started messing the shit they threw together. Then people started writing cookbooks.
Bro, people MUST have taken the knowledge they've accumulated cooking and wrote it down someplace.
Not talking about recipes. I mean like some infograph or some shit explaining which ingredient goes with what.

Where the fuck is it?
>>
try using your brain a little bit.

>a onion garlic mushoom thing with soy sauce
this might be good on top of a steak, but what made you think it would go with indian food?
>>
>>7323665
You are fucking helpless. Do some god damn research. There is no periodic table of flavors for gods sake.
>>
>>7323637
I'm sorry but you're either literally retarded or you have the reading comprehension and attention span of a 10 year old.
>>
>>7323706
>There is no periodic table of flavors for gods sake.
There should be.
>>
>>7323716
Christ almighty boy your posts are cringeworthy. How fucking hard is it to type "popular flavor combinations" into Google? How did you even finish school if you can't do even the most basic bit of research?
>>
Generic soy sauce is made with salt/sodium OP
>>
File: image.png (577 KB, 2500x1929) Image search: [Google]
image.png
577 KB, 2500x1929
>>
>>7323565
>>7323577
>>7323579
>>7323601
>>7323637
>>7323665
>>7323716

Autism speaks. It's time to listen
>>
>>7323763
>umami
Delete this and post it again with the fucking meme removed before I punch a hole threw my monitor
>>
>>7323769
>umami is a meme
kill thyself

>>7323764
back to re cuck it
>>
File: 20160130_044311.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160130_044311.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
I tried again

Oh god why am I a failure?

It all tastes the same.
>>
>>7323949
I even made the check chicken separately
With parsley

And used no soy sauce

Why did I fuck up

Please tell me your secret
>>
>>7323763
this chart is stupid. umami/savory is a distinct taste from salty, and spicy is technically not a taste.

>>7323949
because you're retarded. why did you think this was a good idea?
>>
>>7323601
>How the fuck do you people LEARN how to do this shit?
Eat food that isn't McDonalds on a regular basis. I rarely cook and even I know this is the most basic shit.
>>
>>7323637
How can someone be this retarded. This is shit you should fucking know if you were raised eating regular food. Did you grow up eating nothing but fucking Wendys?
>>
>>7323565
if you have a sense of taste then you can understand the boundaries of mixing flavours.

You sir, have no taste.
>>
Stop begging to know how to cook. No one on this board is magically going to alter your mind so that you become a top chef. If you want to learn how to cook, how to pair flavors together, you're going to have to do the research yourself. Google shit. Read books. Ask friends who have decent cooking experience. We are not your personal search engine, we only offer advice.

Stop acting like a 12 year old brat and put some effort into shit for once. I despise people like you, who beg for help but refuse to listen. Not everything will be handed to you on a plate.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.