[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What use does ketchup actually have besides the meme answer of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
What use does ketchup actually have besides the meme answer of "well done steak and hot dogs :^)"
>>
Memeing aside, a small amount is actually pretty good on a hot dog. You want at least double the amount of mustard though, preferably English or Dijon.
>>
See it used in a lot of homemade BBQ sauce recipes. You could probably do without it or make your own; tomato and vinegar with a little sugar thrown in there.
>>
>>7318591
I usually mix it with BBQ sauce and a bit of mustard to top meatloaf. It's also perfectly fine to put it on burgers, fries, hotdogs, etc.
>>
>>7318591
meatloaf
>>
>>7318591
It's the most versatile of condiments. Best on all meats and potatoes.
>>
It's just a really agreeable, tangy, middle-of-the-road condiment.

Dip fries in it. Really, any base vegetable or meat that has been breaded and fried can be dipped in ketchup.
>>
>>7318591
Glaze on a meatloaf

Other than that, ketchup is vile
>>
Ketchup mixed with mayo
>>
I use it as a base for sweet and sour sauce, bbq sauce and burger sauce.
>>
ketchup fucking sucks it doesnt add flavor it replaces flavor
literally anything you put it on will just make it taste like ketchup and nothing else
fuck ketchup
>>
>>7318650
>>7318664
Correct
Meatloaf is the only thing I ever put ketchup on
>>7318591
Who the fuck puts ketchup on steak even if it's well done? Buncha weirdos
>>
>>
>>7318591
It only belongs on burgers and meatloaf, it is worthless otherwise
>>
>>7318642
>I usually mix it with BBQ sauce and a bit of mustard to top meatloaf. It's also perfectly fine to put it on burgers, fries, hotdogs, etc.

Also use it sparingly in chili and Sweet&Sour sauce
>>
>>7318591
Omurice.
>>
File: 1444264795893.gif (2 MB, 334x357) Image search: [Google]
1444264795893.gif
2 MB, 334x357
>>7318591
Chick fil a bro
>>
Scrambled eggs
Because fuck you, I don't care if you call me a pleb
>>
>>7319539
This
>>
File: 1452210924405.gif (999 KB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
1452210924405.gif
999 KB, 300x180
>>7318591
Fries. Stop being ignorant
>>
>>7318591
I like to mix ketchup with red bean sauce and create a sweet tomato-bean dipping sauce, bomb as fuck for fries
>>
File: Meat_pie.jpg (270 KB, 886x611) Image search: [Google]
Meat_pie.jpg
270 KB, 886x611
Dead horse on a meat pie or sausage roll is goat you yank swine.
>>
>>7318591
I never found a use for the stuff, and as a result have never bought it.
>>
>>7318591
Pretty much anything?
>>
>>7319469
This.
>>
>>7318591
I always put a tablespoon or so in when I cook rice in chicken stock. Adds some good flavor. I use it in marinades and BBQ sauce recipes, too.
>>
>>7318591
(BBQ) sauce and potatoe fries
>>
I use it in barbecue sauce, cocktail sauce, katsu sauce, thousand island dressing, and french dressing, it's actually pretty versatile.
>>
>>7318591
Along with what I said here>>7318642 I also recommend using it as the base for sloppy joes.
>>
Cocktail Sauce

duh
>>
>>7318591
>yoghurt
>a little ketchup
>vinegar
>salt
>pinch of lemon juice
>other spices of your choice (paprika powder?)
works real nice as a salad dressing if you put boiled eggs or smoked salmon in it

You can also use some ketchup while making soups if you want a light taste of tomato but don't want to put in a whole carton/can of pulp/puree.
>>
Sloppy joes
>>
>>7318595
I do it the opposite way.

Also fried chicken or pork chops go well with ketchup.

Fuck anyone who doesn't agree with my opinions.
>>
>>7322197
>Cocktail Sauce

/thread
>>
Had a dream I was in an empty train car while it was going incredibly fast. I was naked and started masturbating with a huge handful of Heinz Ketchup. Was a bout to cum, looked at my ketchup hand and said "what the fuck". Then I woke up. I remember that dream in full to this day.
>>
>>7318591
Stuff that doesn't taste very good
>>
fuck tinker
>>
>hard boiled eggs
>scrambled eggs
>pasta
>cookies
>birthday cake
>tuna Hershey sorbet
>butter toffee
>Carmel chicken ribs

Do you even /eat/ senpai?
>>
>>7318591
The same as any condiment, it's a way to add flavor to bland food. If your food has flavor, like good hamburger grilled over charcoal or a pork roast cooked with vegetables, then it probably needs no help. Otherwise, ketchup adds a sweetened tomato element that improves a lot of things. If you use mustard or gravy instead, that's the same basic thing.

It's not a meme because it's not useful or not good, it's a meme because it's a "stupid American" sort of thing to do.
>This food is unfamiliar and that scares me, I'll pour on ketchup so I can't taste it.
While it can fulfill that function, it's a meme perpetuated by people who feel their cooking aesthetic is the only correct one (snobs and conceited people). Ketchup is a particularly crass form of disagreement.
>How dare he sully my work with mass-produced sauce! He has no style!
The reality is that tastes differ, and the point of eating (aside from not suffering starvation) is the enjoyment of flavor and texture. I have no real right to tell you what to like, and vice versa.
>>
File: 1391199162013.jpg (72 KB, 503x501) Image search: [Google]
1391199162013.jpg
72 KB, 503x501
I will be honest, I don't understand why ketchup gets so much hate. You might make the argument that it is overused, but isn't that just because it's delicious?

Good things become popular. I'm not advocating putting ketchup on a steak here but I think that an objective evaluation of ketchup would lead to the conclusion that it is an excellent condiment.
>>
It's good for fries at places that completely fail at making them crispy or have any flavor.
>>
Ketchup is one of those "corrective condiments." It covers up a fuck-up. Lousy potatoes? Dump ketchup. Dry bland meat? Ketchup. Rubbery eggs? Ketchup!

I will dump it on my food every time I visit Mom.
>>
Ketchup is for when you want steak sauce with your burgers and fries, but the place you're at doesn't have any.
>>
Is ketchup really pickled tomato paste? There use to be a little green pickle on the bottle.
>>
>>7318591
How the fuck is ketchup on a hot dog a meme? You fucking faggots will literally call something a meme for the sake of using the word.
What's next, sandwiches with bread? Milk and cereal?
>>
>>7318591
It goes good on hot sauce.
>>
Plain Ketchup is fucking boring. Make a BBQ or some twist on it for a lot more fun. Same applies to Mustard, a Grey Poupon or Spicy Brown is far more interesting.

I don't know why plain ass Heinz and Basic Yellow French's still dominate the field. Can have so much more fun with the condiments.
>>
>>7326663
>hamburger
>flavor
Meat doesn't have any real flavor to it fampai, without spices it's worthless.
>>
>>7327179
>Milk and cereal?
>not yogurt
Seriously, vanilla yogurt and frosted flakes is the greatest thing I've ever eaten. I'd eat it all the time if it wouldn't kill me
>>
I dip fried in it and add a bit to hamburguers. That's all

Generally I prefer using hot sauce as a condiment
>>
I love dipping my burgers in catsup
>>
>>7318664
While I normally love drenching my fries in catsup, meatloaf to me is just disgusting like that.

Found a recipe ages ago though that uses KC masterpiece BBQ sauce on meatloaf and it's amazing.
>>
I used it to make currywurst it wasnt so bad.
>>
>ITT: I've never made cocktail sauce
>>
So, in my country, there is a kind of cream cheese that when cooked is used as stuffing for a lot of things, and I like some ketchup mixed into that.

Also, It is a everything cover up, and works to achiev some acid + sweet flavor in some tomato based food
>>
>>7318601
>>7318681

thats the only use I have for it.

also currywurst of course. but its not ketchup in general, it's a specific heinz one.

>>7319539
>>7319547

vomit.exe
>>
>>7322270

this sounds like the most vile, disgusting salad I can possibly imagine.
>>
>>7326508

pls be bait
>>
>>7318591

I'll dip fries in it sometimes. I might get flamed for this, but I love to add a good amount of ketchup and sriracha into Macaroni and Cheese and I love to dip grilled cheese in it too. However because I am healthy and sophisticated I use a non GMO certified organic brand of superior ketchup made with garden fresh tomatoes.
>>
Fried potatoes and eggs, of course.
>>
anything made with ground beef
fries
hot dogs
hamburgers
>>
my gf and i use it for our sex plays
>>
>>7328184
hott please post vids
>>
>>7318591
You can use it to sweeten tomato sauce for pasta. I know a successful Italian cook and he does this all the time
>>
>>7329277

> olive garden
> italian

:^)
>>
To draw a heart on top of your omericu silly ; -)
>>
Meatloaf and most varieties of fried potatoes
>>
File: 12312.jpg (210 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
12312.jpg
210 KB, 1600x1200
Chilaquiles
Mariscos
Sometimes posole
>>
>>7318591
Pakora sauce
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.