[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Consider the Avocado
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: avocado-heart-400x400.jpg (111 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
avocado-heart-400x400.jpg
111 KB, 400x400
It makes a perfect thick and creamy base for sauce in guacamole. It's great by itself on burgers, sandwiches, mexican food and more. It is very healthy and good for your heart's health. And for the nutrition they supply can be cheap (depending where you live of course)

Why haven't you elevated to the avocado master race yet?

Thoughts? Opinions?
>>
The only healthy part is the lime / darker green part just under the skin.
>>
I love the delicious avocado
>>
>>7318254
You only like the delicious ones?
>>
>>7318299
I don't think much of the disgusting ones
>>
avocado is great

i cut one in half and eat it with whole grain mustard.. i'll eat like half a jar of that shit
>>
>>7318245
b-b-but I am.
I mash it and put it on toast, burguers, hotdogs and some salad (raw cabbage particularly) is really good with it.
I love it more than anything (a bit expensive, so I don't eat as much as I'd love to)
>>
>>7318245
yeah gimme a xxl grilled stuffed buritto with steak, no grockamoley.
you want the avacado ranch sauce on that?
ugh nah no thanks :D
>>
>>7318841
That's a sad story anon :(
>>
>>7318245
I don't like the taste or texture.
>>
>>7318245
Love it. Not cheap here tho'. Ryebread with tomato and avocado is GOAT.
>>
nice meme food
>>
>>7318251
source needed
and if true fuck i could concentrate that stuff and just make a super guac
>>
They're expensive as fuck around here.
>>
>>7319968
The method you use to peel an avocado might make a difference to your health. Research on avocado shows that the greatest phytonutrient concentrations occur in portions of the food that we do not typically eat, namely, the peel and the seed (or "pit.") The pulp of the avocado is actually much lower in phytonutrients than these other portions of the food. However, while lower in their overall phytonutrient richness, all portions of the pulp are not identical in their phytonutrient concentrations and the areas of the pulp that are closest to the peel are higher in certain phytonutrients than more interior portions of the pulp. For this reason, you don't want to slice into that outermost, dark green portion of the pulp any more than necessary when you are peeling an avocado.

Also the seed has the most nutrients but you gotta chop the fuck out of it.
>>
ITT China cucked memers paying for overpriced nutrientless fat.
>>
>>7320000
it's poly fat mostly; the kind that is actually healthy and doesn't clog your arteries.
>>
File: 2333343.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
2333343.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>7320012
>>7320000
forgot to mention that get. now fuck of little boy.. or girl.. you are a clown regardless.
>>
>>7319982

>peeling an avocado

why would you ever do something this messy rather than just halve it and use a spoon
>>
Because the goddamn things keep for all five seconds
>>
>>7320023
It simply means that when you take the skin off, leave as much of the dark green as you can. obviously you don't actually 'peel' it.
>>
>>7318245
Avocados aren't bad but I hate how people from california keep insisting they belong on everything. In pretty much everything its something that I feel is nice to have but is never worth paying extra for.
>>
>>7320026
What is a refrigerator.
>>
>>7318245
>guacamole without aguacate
Wtf america.
>>
>>7320032
>t. man who has never eaten an avocado
>>
>>7320044
Dubs confirms

That's where I keep the food I don't want to go bad too

It's a pretty nifty invention
>>
>>7320060
If you are doing that pic related you have never eaten an avocado; that is just wrong.
>>
Avocados are great but they're very expensive where I live. They also run a high risk of having been damaged on the way here which means you spend a bunch of money, patiently wait for it to ripen, open it up and it's just brown and stringy.
>>
>tfw never had a bad guacamole
>tfw never had a guacamole that was good

I just don't get it. I've made it fresh, had it at high rated Mexican places. Its always just ok, and definitely never worth the extra cost
>>
>>7318245
I don't like how it tastes. I wish I did, since it's so healthy. I saw a recipe for chocolate avocado pudding and I'm going to try that sometime.
>>
>>7320118
OP here

That sounds disgusting

I hope you're kidding
>>
File: 1330165140755.jpg (33 KB, 302x300) Image search: [Google]
1330165140755.jpg
33 KB, 302x300
>>7320042
I grew up with an avocado tree in the backyard, so we had it in lots of meals. A fresh avocado is tasty, what's your issue, man.
>>
>>7320042
>people from california keep insisting they belong on everything

That's a ridiculous statement. We mainly use them on sandwiches or on in guacamole which is great on sandwiches.
>>
>>7319982
>>seed has the most nutrients
>>and the peel
this sounds like fucking bullshit. seeds are usually full of cyanide in fruit right? normally thats not a big deal but an avacado has a big seed.
>>
>>7320414
Avocado seeds are poisonous to house pets, actually. Humans can eat them but there is no fucking point when you can just eat a handful of sunflowers seeds or something.
>>
>>7320118
>>7320126
At first I was, but then: it might taste a bit on the artichoke side? Is that what it's going for?
Keep us posted!
>>
>>7318245
I've tried avocado once but I didn't like it, I was told I might not have had the right kind.
Are avocado suppose to taste grassy?
>>
>>7321696
I've found the taste can vary a lot. The texture too, all varieties don't ripen the same way. Some are better with lemon and salt, some without...
>>
File: easy.jpg (318 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
easy.jpg
318 KB, 1200x1600
Avocado is hard.
>>
>>7321778
how do you fuck up so bad
>>
>>7321783
I'll take "Alcohol" for $1000, Alex
>>
>>7321778
I would have clipped those nails before heading to the hospital. Shit's disgraceful
>>
>>7321696
I tried avocado a few times. Sometimes it's delicious, sometimes it's disgusting. I can't really tell from the outside of the peel, so now I mostly avoid it.
>>
I like it on pork chop wrapped in a tortilla
>>
Cut some apple in little square, put it on lemon juice for few minutes. Then mix ir with smashed avocado (+salt +curry) and finally, roll it into smoked salmond. Seems weird but it's very tasty
>>
>>7321778
Now OP you have this on your conscience. Repent now!
>>
>>7321801
Didn' t know the nail nazi' s were here.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.