[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you actually use watermelons in recipes or you eat them raw?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: watermelon2.jpg (28 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
watermelon2.jpg
28 KB, 550x367
Can you actually use watermelons in recipes or you eat them raw?
>>
>>7318033

I love a good marshmallow and watermelon salad
>>
>>7318033
I'm not a pretentious cunt.

I eat best fruit raw.
>>
>>7318033
Watermelon mint lemonade is the most refreshing drink known to mankind
>>
Well, you can certainly eat them raw, and I heard putting some salt on them brings out even more sweetness. However, this, and another video from the same person, are the only recipes with watermelon that I can remember.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNvXJLxVGio
>>
>>7318033
Pickled watermelon is amazing.
>>
Anything made with melon seems like a waste of melon.
>>
>>7318033

Watermelon + shaved ice = ???
>>
>>7318033
Blend watermelon with just a little coconut water and pour it in a popsicle mold. Then freeze. You could also use other melons to make pretty layers in it.

That's all I got. I usually eat it raw with chili powder.
>>
Here's a simplified version of an app we have at the restaurant I work at:

Ahi tuna, 1/4" cubes
Watermelon, 1/4" cubes
Mix together with Sriracha and a bit of lime juice, twice as much Watermelon as tuna
Take a tortilla chip and put a dab of guacamole on top
Spoon tuna/Watermelon mix onto guacamole
Small dab of sour cream
Single leaf of cilantro
Salt and EVOO

Attached picture is what it looks like plated. We use lime salt and small tostada chips. We also have a Sriracha based sauce that we use to mix with the Watermelon and tuna, but Sriracha and lime juice is close enough and way easier.
>>
File: 88624-201511051722.jpg (65 KB, 1134x756) Image search: [Google]
88624-201511051722.jpg
65 KB, 1134x756
Shit, forgot the picture.
>>
>>7320245
>>7320251
This sounds intriguing, Anon. If I had watermelon at my workplace I'd try it; we have everything else.
>>
>>7320251
Noice
>>
File: file.png (180 KB, 333x228) Image search: [Google]
file.png
180 KB, 333x228
Watermelon steaks are delicious, pretty, and a great way to impress any veganfags shitting up your bbq
>>
>>7322115
I can't imagine any scenario where a vegan would be anywhere near a bbq in the first place. That goes against their yuppie ethics code to be near burning animal flesh.
>>
>>7322120
meh, I've been vegan for 15 years and I bbq with my dad all the time. I even cook his steak for him when he gets too drunk. just because most of us are insufferable doesn't mean we all are. just almost.
>>
>>7322120
Best way to find meat-eaters to repeat to them over and over how sustainable and protein-complete your diet is
>>
>>7318033

Raw they're delicious.

As far as cooking, the only thing I know is grilled watermelon steaks and fake tuna.

> watermelon tuna
Usually either you vacuum seal it with marinade or compress/bake it.

http://toastable.com/2012/watermelon-tuna/
https://www.finedininglovers.com/blog/curious-bites/food-science/
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.