[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leftover Pulled Pork
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: pork.jpg (37 KB, 472x310) Image search: [Google]
pork.jpg
37 KB, 472x310
I have about 2 pounds of leftover pulled pork and I've run out of ideas to repurpose it. I've had sandwiches for days, I made fried rice yesterday. I'm thinking some kind of pasta dish, but I'm not so sure a tomato-based sauce would be good. The pork is already plenty acidic between the vinegar, crushed pineapple, etc.

Any thoughts on interesting ways to reuse this?
>>
If all fails, curry is the answer.

Otherwise, shred it and deep fry the shreds until crusty.
>>
Enchiladas, you pork eating somebitch
>>
make kroketten
>>
File: 4994-02.jpg (93 KB, 587x278) Image search: [Google]
4994-02.jpg
93 KB, 587x278
Also, I've sometimes eaten yakiniku leftovers in sushi rolls. Considering how that uses sweet acidic sauce and meat I bet pulled pork can be a decent replacement.
>>
>>7313688
Tacos. Place warmed pork in two heated corn tortillas and top with a mixture of chopped onion, cilantro, serrano pepper, salt and lime juice. Serve with sliced cucumber and radish on the side.
>>
pasta dish?
kraft dinner

pulled pork and kd is goat
>>
I'd freeze it. I got the same issue right now. I hate forcing myself to eat something that is super good, but I'm just tired of it.

But freezer space isn't a problem in my house.
>>
>>7313772
So your wife's son finally has moved out?
>>
Everytime I make bulk meat like that I always freeze a pound. Once I've gathered enough (usually 1 lb pork and 1 lb chicken) I throw it in a slow cooker with beans, spices and veggies and make chili overnight.
>>
>>7313805

Not me, bud. I think I remember the thread you are referencing, but I am the husband of my wife.
>>
>>7313699
>yakiniku sushi

Two delicious things put together to form one shitty thing.
>>
>>7313688
I literally made pulled pork fried rice yesterday. I froze more than half but the smallest pork butt they had at the grocery store was 10 lbs. I was thinking maybe tacos but I dont really feel like making salsa
>>
I go the Mezkin route and toss them in some home made tortillas with sauted bell pepper, onion, and chili's. Top it with tomato and some lettuce, and your vinegar finishing sauce and it's the bomb.
>>
i can it but you should know what you're doing so you don't end up like king ja/ck/
>>
>>7313688
Why not make some stew or chili? Any mexican tortilla based dish should work out nicely, enchiladas would probably be great
>>
Goes great on pizza.
Mix it into a quiche with pepper and onions.
Works in practically any Mexican dish.
Toss in with German Spaetzle.
Use for stuffed peppers.
>>
>>7313699
yeah gross, just look up Kimbap recipes. Great chit.
>>
File: budae jjigae.jpg (152 KB, 604x600) Image search: [Google]
budae jjigae.jpg
152 KB, 604x600
>>7313688
make some budae jjigae and throw in some of your pork too.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.