[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i have been non scientifically experimenting with popcorn on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
i have been non scientifically experimenting with popcorn on the stove
i've tried local organic popping corn in an enamled cast iron with a matcing lid, an enameled cast iron with a class lid,
and i've tried grocery store brand popping cornall in an all glass pot and lid

the best one so far has been the organic popcorn in the enameled cast iron with the glass lid and the matching pots with the organic and grocery store popping corns tied for second

i think the enameld cast iron with the glas lid is the secret.. but maybe it's the different corns

what do you think? stove top corn poppers?
>>
>>7312559
Momma got me a twirly bird thing. It's a dedicated popcorn pot with a lid with an attached metal brush that constantly moves the popcorn so it won't burn (hand cranked)

popcorn sucks but I have to eat it or else it'll hurt her feelings. Did an of your kernels burn?
>>
>>7312573
about 8 burnt this time around in the all - glass pot
another 8 din't burn or pop either

the enameled iron with the glass lid a couple days ago worked best with only about 10 unpopped, unburnt kernals
>>
>>7312559
i use a large aluminum tossing bowl covered in aluminum foil. poke 10 holes in the foil and keep the bowl moving.i add butter at the end and some more pickling salt
>>
File: maths.gif (2 MB, 370x319) Image search: [Google]
maths.gif
2 MB, 370x319
>i did a science

Too many variables OP, and the only results you have are "I think this one turned out better than this one".

It's more about you watching it and controlling the heat than the pan used. It's just popcorn.
>>
>>7312559
>it's material and quality of corn, not size of cooking vessel or temperature control

You can take an heirloom farm chicken and put it in a le creusant roasting pan, but if your pan is meant for quail, and your oven is set for 200, it's going to be shit regardless.
>>
>>7312597
>>7312602

>reading comprehension
>>
>>7312620

It's more like alcoholism, but the points about it being more about the cook than the cookware still stands.

I'd go for a light pan that I can move around and the glass lid so I can see what's going on inside.
>>
File: 71YFOVwOZ3L._SL1500_.jpg (85 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
71YFOVwOZ3L._SL1500_.jpg
85 KB, 1500x1500
the secret is a dedicated machine that does it for you.

2 tbsp popcorn cancer oil, kosher salt and finish with a little more oil. ez pz senpai.
>>
>>7312769
welp i guess f a m is filtered lul this mod
>>
>>7312778
>f a m
It's site wide, and I wish people would stop trying to get around it. Keep that shit on your twitter or whatever the fuck ever.
>>
>>7312778

you been living under a rock?
>>
>>7312769
>wa la
>>
>>7312559

>1/2 cup kernels
>coat bottom of pot in COCONUT OIL (high smoke point, tastes great)
>couple tsp of sugar
>tbsp of salt

I do it in a regular aluminum pot at work. Blast it with heat and then turn it to low when they start popping, shake the pot around constantly
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.