[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your cooking level?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Cooking_fire.gif (372 KB, 226x260) Image search: [Google]
Cooking_fire.gif
372 KB, 226x260
What's your cooking level?
>>
File: Shark_detail.png (72 KB, 833x750) Image search: [Google]
Shark_detail.png
72 KB, 833x750
>>7309969
>>
>>7309969
Having a life, am I right?!
>>
/cuck/
>>
I have high level cooking equipment, but not the required level to use them. More money than brains, as they say.
>>
1-10, I'm a conservative 7. But it's easy to be that good when you have all the time in the world to cook at home and you're not rushed like line cooks are.
>>
>>7310837
With that scale, nobody on this board is above a 3. Maybe a few 4s here and there, but mostly rare.
>>
>>7310863
>scale
How the fuck would you rate that? How do you account for the countless disciplines and cuisines within cooking all of them requiring completely different knowledge and techniques. You could be a 10/10 at cooking curry but lost when it comes to soup. Not even accounting for how much of cooking is about quality ingredients.

I am not mad because I am definitely a 5+ I'm mad cause you're shitting out your mouth
>>
File: reading.png (337 KB, 507x570) Image search: [Google]
reading.png
337 KB, 507x570
>>7310837

>it's easy to be that good when you have all the time in the world to cook at home and you're not rushed like line cooks are
>>
Like 8 cook. Maybe 9?
>>
1/10 tbqh
>>
>>7311218
same, I never cook though so I'm sure I could raise it up a few if I try but I know I'll suck
>>
5/10, when I'm just making stuff for myself it usually turns out pretty good, but if I'm making something for other people it ends up shit.
>>
>>7309969

Objectively, given the spectrum of human ability, probably a 2/10

Given the spectrum of ability in my family: 6/10

Given the spectrum of ability in my co-workers, acquaintances, and friends: 10/10

It's really sad how few people can successfully cook anything. My skills are pretty mediocre (my dad is far better, and I have some family-friends who are a lot better too), but my GF is somewhat astonished by how well I cook since she moved in, and my co-workers are generally bewildered by the fact that I cook every meal, which is a testament to just how much most people suck at cooking.
>>
My cooking level had been maxed until this recent patch. Getting fishing maxed out currently.
>>
>>7309969
>>
>>7312374
>>
I have good instincts, but no skills

everybody I know thinks I'm good at cooking though because I have a natural grasp of flavor pairings
I make a lot of italian and mexican stuff because that's what I like eating
however
>friend doesn't eat mushrooms
>his girlfriend doesn't eat peppers
well shit, there goes 90% of my recipes
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>all these retards missing the RuneScape reference
>>
>>7309969
>>
File: pizza party girls laughing.jpg (72 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
pizza party girls laughing.jpg
72 KB, 640x360
>>7312584

>comes to the food and cooking board and calls people retards for not having played a particular video game
>>
>>7309969
>RS3
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.