[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Larry, WTF is this shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Hey, /ck/ first post here.

I'm having an issue and want an explanation as best as you can give me, but how the FUCK does this shit get passed off as bourbon? I've been noticing this more and more from working at a liquor store, but there are more and more examples of companies trying to selling whiskey as bourbon and it blows my fucking mind how they get away with it.

Pic related. It's not even made in Kentucky, but in Commiefornia, it clearly states on the label "Bourbon Whiskey" and when you turn it around, it says "Aged 1/2 years"

THATS NOT FUCKING BOURBON.

The best explanation I can come up with is that the label doesn't say "Straight Bourbon Whiskey", but if it's not bourbon, how are they legally allowed to market it as such?

Also, post your favorite booze that you like to drink with a meal.
>>
Only requirement to be bourbon is that it's made from mostly corn
>>
A concurrent resolution adopted by the United States Congress in 1964 declared bourbon to be a "distinctive product of the United States" and asked "the appropriate agencies of the United States Government... [to] take appropriate action to prohibit
>>
>>7309880
Wrong.

Christ, did you even try?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_whiskey
>>
>>7309872
>made in us
>51% corn

It doesn't claim to be straight bourbon, so there is no minimum age requirement.

Kentucky fag BTFO because California is making alcohol
>>
>>7309902
>As of 2014, approximately 95% of all bourbon is produced in Kentucky.

Wew there lad. Yeah, big win.

You are right though, it doesn't have to be aged for any specified time amount, as little as 3 months is enough to be considered "bourbon".
>>
>>7309917
Any whiskey that is produced in the USA and meets the listed requirements is bourbon. Just because Kentucky makes most of it, doesn't mean that other states can't make bourbon.

Why are you so buttblasted over this?
>>
>>7309934
I'm not mad that somewhere else is making bourbon, that's fine. It just seems like a very underhanded marketing technique to label something as "bourbon" when even your mid-tier bourbon is aged at least 2 years.

The distinction of not including "Straight" on the label is an easily overlooked detail and it blows my mind that people fall for this shit.
>>
>>7309945
People who care about it will buy the good stuff.

People who just want to get wasted won't give a shit and just buy whatever is cheapest.

In the end it doesn't matter. As long as no laws are being broken corporations can pull whatever fuckery they want. It is dumb, but legal.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.