[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was cleaning out my cupboards and found a box of cake mix that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 0
I was cleaning out my cupboards and found a box of cake mix that expired in September 2010. I don't even use boxed cake mix and I don't know how I've had it for so long.

Anyways, do you guys think it's safe to use? It's still totally sealed, the boxed is fine, no evidence of moisture or anything.

Should I toss it? Bake it and see what happens? Eat the whole thing?
>>
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/pancake.asp
>>
>>7305737
Why on Earth would you have a pre-packaged mix for pancakes? It's literally flour, milk and eggs.

Is the package just flour and sold to morons?
>>
>>7305773
>no leavening
enjoy your shit husks
>>
>>7305732
give it to a foodbank
>>
>>7305799
D E V I L I S H
>>
>>7305732
The only thing I can see is the baking powder loosing potency and ending up with a cake that has the rexture of a hockey puck... Cake mixes tend to be flour, sugar, levening agents and cocoa if you're being fancy...
>>
>>7305799
If it's over a year past the sell by date they throw it in the garbage.
>>
>>7305783
>leavening
Why in the name of fuck would you put yeast in pancake batter?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.