[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /ck/'s opinion on 5 guys burgers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 8
File: double bacon cheeseburger.jpg (41 KB, 625x473) Image search: [Google]
double bacon cheeseburger.jpg
41 KB, 625x473
What is /ck/'s opinion on 5 guys burgers?
>>
The best fast food burgers you can buy
>>
>>7301704

Never ate at one, but everything in that picture looks overcooked.
>>
>>7301704
My wife's son hates it so I'm not allowed to eat there :/
>>
>>7301776
Double cucked
>>
>>7301704
Pretty much the only fast food I eat.
>>
A burger without a bun able to stand up to the grease is either way too greasy or using the wrong bun.

>it's both

Also their bun has no texture.
>>
File: nothing.png (4 KB, 481x439) Image search: [Google]
nothing.png
4 KB, 481x439
>>7301776
>meme
>>
>>7301704
definitely are burgers
kind of overpriced though
>>
>>7301790
Thanks for getting cucked by me and giving me a (You) :^)
>>
overpriced but appetizing. also they give you hella fries and free peanuts so why not.

>good/10
>>
>>7301800
Shut the fuck up
>>
Went there a few years ago with my dad, both got a basic cheeseburger and fries combo each.

I remember it being quite expensive at the time, about $20 total or so. The burgers themselves were small and they gave us an entire paper bag of extremely greasy fries.

I'd try em again, but I rarely eat fast food anymore. The best thing I got out of it was that my dad came up with a nickname for the place: "5 Guys & a MILF."
>>
>>7301704
burgers are fine. fries are good. overpriced for what it is. but they have fresh jalapenos, which are great. only seen fresh jalapenos at one other chain (z burger, only a few locations dc area)
>>
>>7301835

>5 guys and a MILF

The fuck is that referring to?
>>
>>7301835
is your dad retarded? "LOL THE FIVE GUYS ARE HAVIN SEX WITH A LADY INSTEADA MAKIN BURGERZ"
>>
Pretty good, if expensive
>>
File: steak n shake.jpg (195 KB, 1200x990) Image search: [Google]
steak n shake.jpg
195 KB, 1200x990
>>7301704
cheeseburgers have been my favorite food for 10 years now, and I didn't really like my 5 guys burger. there was too much meat and not enough bun, and I didnt like the fries which I find a part of my burger experience.

my favorite fast food burger of all is steak n sheak and they have my favorite fries of any chain
>>
The price is the only reason I don't go there a lot. Hate paying a lot of money for something like a burger. Pasta too.
>>
>>7301704
Get the blt instead
>>
They lose a lot of points for using American cheese instead of cheddar.
>>
File: innout.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
innout.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
Where I live there is a Five Guys and In-n-Out across from each other
>In-n-Out every time
>Those cajun fries though
>>
>>7301704

Really good, especially the fries, plus they have malt vinegar which always knocks a place up a few notches for me.

That said, it's overpriced as shit. The last time I went, a double burger, small fires, and small soda was something like $16.00.
>>
>>7302036
did you use the soda to put out the fires?
>>
>>7302244
they were small fires, he probably just stomped them out
>>
>>7301704
shit. Really good fries though.
>>
It's always too soggy, and it doesn't really satisfy for some reason. I'm sorry to say that one time I had Five Guys and then went and had a McRib right after.
>>
>>7301704
>Opinion of 5 guys
>meme food
>meme food
>Shiggy diggy
>scream food

Happy now, they are an overrated greasy as fuck burger place meant to cater to a shit ton of plebs who all like grease grease grease grease and carbs.

It is the meme food of grease and sugar addicts hidden with a tiny tiny amount of cheese (more fat) and some "beef" (mostly fat and some actual meat) then stacked with two slices of nutritionally deficient tomato and lettuce (crunchy water) with some pickles thrown on and whatever nutrition free sauce you want.

It is just fat and carbs but mostly fat.

Congrats on your shit-tier food, why do I feel like you are the kind of person that stirs butter into your coffee?
>>
They made a name for themselves then they dropped the quality to the floor, just like every thing does in America.
>>
>>7301800
This
>>
>>7302904
>>7302904
>>7302904

Couldn't be more correct.
>>
Ubiquitous, mediocre, overpriced American fast food burger chain. Move along, nothing to see here.
>>
>>7301895
>The price is the only reason I don't go there a lot

This.

I went there once because of the hype. Food was OK, but not for the price..
>>
File: adfs.jpg (356 KB, 1903x2359) Image search: [Google]
adfs.jpg
356 KB, 1903x2359
>>7301776
>>
>>7301704
does this thread need to happen every 2 days?
>>
Hate

Only for people with bad taste or no options.
>>
It's shit. Literally like $10 for a greasy little burger, and you gotta sit there and watch some nigger make it in front of you. Meme shit.
>>
The most overrated place I've ever been to.
A&W sized burger with a few toppings on it and way too many fries and a drink for 16 dollars.
Tastes average as fuck, the fries are shit. Stare out the window eating peanuts

>go to bar or actual restaurant:
>Way bigger and way better tasting burger plus sides and drink, costs 12 dollars, can get a beer and watch the game and socialize.

Don't understand why 5 guys is popular at all. it's the least value i've ever gotten from any restaurant.
>>
Literally every day.
>>
flavourless
>>
>>7301776
Why is this meme so forced here?
>>
>>7303526
until jeb gets into office baby
>>
>>7301704
Nice but overprice
>>
We just got one here in Belfast, I'm curious about it to don't want to go unless you fellas recommend it.
>>
>>7304157
>Basing your decisions on what 4chan says

That's an interesting approach to life.
>>
Had them once and the fries were unbearably salty. Like Chipotle chip levels of salt. My taste buds can't handle it. Just makes me cringe.
>>
>>7301884
One of these just opened up near me. Gonna try it out eventually.
>>
>>7304157
It was nice, but not worth the price for sure. They dont even offer vic square centre employee discounts when charging that much for their burgers :(
A few places in the centre got way busier on its opening week - people must have seen the prices and thought fuck that

I'd try it once, if you like toppings on your burger - theres literally no point going in ketting a cheese and ketchup for £6/8, get a load of stuff or don't bother
>>
>>7304157

I've been to the one in Bristol twice. I have would recommend trying it at least once I you got the spare cash to do so.

Dont bother with the fries or drink, I got all 3 the first time and spent £15, the spicy/cajun fries were nice but I got the medium size it was way too much just for me alone. The drink was a refillable one from one of those coca cola touch screen drinks dispensers, okay for the novelty factor but a complete rip off. If you're going as a group, it may be worth getting the fries and splitting the cost of 1 of the sizes.

The burger itself was nicer than any of the big chains by far, but its very greasy and by the end the bun is soaked. I don't think the bacon is worth the extra cost so don't bother.

Tldr: Nice burgers that aren't really worth the price, but worth trying once.
>>
>>7305233
Steak and Shake is the lowest fast food burger I would eat. Better than McDicks or Burgerking, but not as good as 5 Guys.
>>
>>7301751
That drink looks over cooked
>>
why do you make this thread every day?
>>
>>7303821
Not as forced as the "5 guys is ebin come eat there I swear I'm not a shill" meme.
>>
I agree with this >>7302904
But the burger is okay. It is not worth the price, but there is nothing wrong with it in any other way. I've never had a non-greasy burger from any fast food place. Well, technically I have. But that is when BK or something serves me one that has been sitting for two hours and dried up and cold. Other than that, never a greaseless burger any where. Hamburger has a lot of fat. Mix that with condiments and heat on the bread and steam and this and that yeah it will be a soggy greasy salt bomb. At least five guys lets you put just about anything you could want as a topping for no extra charge other than bacon or cheese. I don't like their fries though. They are some how always burned/over cooked yet still soggy and I don't understand it. Also they stopped me from filling a bag with peanuts to take with me one time when I had a to go order because they said they didn't know if where I was taking my meal (home) someone would have a peanut allergy. They said they had to be eaten in the store or not at all and took my bag of peanuts and threw them away.
>>
Bland no flavor. Flavorless fries. Overrated.
>>
burger wasn't bad but not worth the price
fries were a soggy pile of mush after sitting in the bag for a couple of minutes while I ate the burger
restaurant was loud as fuck
>>
>>7301704
Used to eat there all the time while I was in high school
I stopped after I turned 25 or so, when my body started to finally start getting fat from eating shit.
>>
>>7301751
Yeah. They have a policy that all burgers are cooked well done.
They even have a disclaimer on their overhead menu
>>
>>7305233
I suggest the Frisco melt
But only get it if you eat in. If you take out, it turns into a soggy mess.
>>
>>7301704
The same as yesterday, and the day before yesterday, and the day before the day before yesterday
>>
>>7307057
op will ask again tomorrow though, just in case your opinion has changed
>>
>>7301835
How does that nickname make any sense?
>>
>>7301884
>liking steak n' shake fries more than five guys
I'm not sure if this is a troll post or not. It doesn't seem like it, but that's such an unbelievable opinion I can't trust its authenticity.
>>
>>7309114
pajeet pls go
>>
>>7309111
I'm not sure.

We nick named it One Schizophrenic Guy with Epilepsy
>>
>>7301846
Confirmed for not understanding dad jokes
>>
>>7301704
For the same price you can go to a nicer chain like red robin

Best ACTUAL fast food burgers are Carls Jr. They're actually thick enough for the price and you know they're good because everyone at Carls Jr. is morbidly obese. In N Out serves tiny ass thin sliced ham pattys.
>>
I went in and asked for a their best burger, then the cashier told me to fuck off.
>>
>>7301704
Only burger place that beats it is in-n-out
>>
>bring your family type establishment
>taste like generic grilled hamburgers you make at home, with a bit more grease
>tons of okay tasting fries

All I see who go into a five guys are usually white people. Generic hamburger n fries joint. Spend your money somewhere else
>>
>>7302036
>not getting a large order of cajun fires
casual
>>
>>7303829
So these threads will never stop?
>>
Five Guys is good, definitely the best "fast food" burger you can get (that I'm aware of). It's definitely not a top tier burger by any means but if I wanted a burger and didn't want to sit down at a restaurant that's where I'd go.

Also their fries are fucking delicious and they give you a shit ton.
>>
>>7309635
I don't consider five guys to be fast food, or pei wei, or pieology.

Chipotle is since it has no cooking time, bit chipotle is garbage.
>>
>>7309412
WHERE'S THE BEEF?
>>7309416
>generic grilled burger
as opposed to avant garde indian deep fried curry seshwan bacon wrapped scallop burgers?
>>
Oh hey look this thread again..
>>
good burgers
excellent fries
horrendously overpriced
>>
File: 65154846546.jpg (19 KB, 362x440) Image search: [Google]
65154846546.jpg
19 KB, 362x440
>>7309114
>>7309114
>>7309114

>not realizing FG consistently under cooks their fries.
>>
>>7301704
Overpriced average burgers but better than most fast food joints.
>>
>>7301704
Amazing burgers, shitty soggy fries that are obsessed with freshness for no good reason
>>
i don't get it. how hard can it be to make a five guys burger that you are willing to spend 15 bucks on one? it's retarded. you could make like 6 burgers with that much cash.

do you need a fire grill or something?
>>
>>7301704
Slow
Taste the same as McDonald's burgers
>>
Never been there, Midwest faggot.
Smashburger is pretty good though.
>>
File: Big Guys.png (59 KB, 825x432) Image search: [Google]
Big Guys.png
59 KB, 825x432
>>7301704
Double burger is standard and they're greasy as shit. Definitely a guilty pleasure. The burgers themselves are great, never eat the whole thing in one sitting though, always eat half and throw like half the fries (so about eight pounds) in the foil, wrap it up to finish for another meal, which justifies the higher cost of like $8 for a burger.
>>
>>7301704
I prefer Culver's, and not just because it's half the price of Five Guys.
>>
>>7312148
butterburger :3
>>
>>7301704
Second best burgers. In n out burgers are best.
Best fries. In n out fries suck.
>>
>5 Jews shill thread pls go
>>
Have any of u ever tried to get ur 5guys fries done well done? Just curious bc i hate their fries bc they r soggy
>>
>>7301704
Why was it named 5 guys and not 4 girls 1 guy? or 4 guys one girl?
>>
fuddruckers > 5guys + in'n out combined; the fries are like 10000% better too.
>>
So it's agreed: every single burger that isn't frozen is better than 5 Queers.
>>
>>7301704

Like dogshit compared to Shake Shack.

Anyone who hasn't had Shake Shack from their New York locations has not experienced life fully.

It truly is the perfect burger. They use a higher ratio of fat/lean than any other place and paired with their incredible buns it's just the most satisfying burger possible.

I worked in NYC over this summer right next to a Shake Shack. I literally ate there single day for 2 months and did not get tired of it. Truly exceptional.
>>
>>7302882
There's literally nothing wrong with fat you undereducated inbred fuck.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.