[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does your diet affect your mental health? Has your depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Does your diet affect your mental health?

Has your depression and/or anxiety changed when you changed your diet?
>>
When I cut alcohol and refined sugar for a couple of months I was much happier and more productive.

Yet I eventually turned back to occasional sugary snacks and excessive levels of alcohol. Go figure. The Matrix was right when it indicated that [some] humans can't deal with perfection. Short term pleasure is just so much more tempting than long term satisfaction.
>>
>>7291422
Yes, without a diet of opiates or alcohol I'm not a nervous wreck who feels like shit upon awaking.

I scale it back so I only feel half like I want to kill myself now.
>>
>>7291422
Definitely a big correlation. Plenty of studies on it even.
Also exercise makes a big difference.
>>
>>7291433
The matrix was right about shit all. Quit compounding your unhappiness with momentary bliss now cause it will be much harder later.
>>
File: MGTOW cathedral.jpg (82 KB, 644x431) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW cathedral.jpg
82 KB, 644x431
>>7291422
>>7291422
Since i cut down on sugar and went full MGTOW I have been much happier
>>
>>7291522
My own way would be cutting my throat. But it would hurt my mother. But she's just a woman, and it's my own way.

Should I do it?
>>
>>7291488
The thing is, it isn't that hard. Once you're used to the difficulty, like the dark souls and bloodbourne games, you get used to it.

I lift weights three times a week and in the summer bicycle 20 to 50 miles a day depending on my schedule. I still drink tons of beer and eat like shit from time to time (while still eating loads of veggies always). All despite having a bagina.

You gotta invest yourself fully into whatever you want to do if you really want to see results and not fuck up.
>>
>>7291540
I injured my shoulders lifting. I need to lift 30kg of weight multiple times a day just to keep my job. What now?
>>
>>7291549
You fucked up. Rotator cuffs are super important and yet there's very little ligament and muscular support for it. I've got a genetic issue where I'm very very flexible, which means my sleeping pose feels comfy, but it's actually fucking up my cuffs. I have a specific low weight 25 minute workout just for my shoulders. After breaking my collarbone bicycling and because of aforementioned stretching issue I not only had a shortened clavicle, I had a winged scapula. Fixed it all with rows, and my dedicated shoulder work out. Took 2 months though after fixing my posture and waiting for the massive shoulder pain to subside.

Look up workouts for sore rotator cuffs. Lay off the over head movements unless you have your posture absolutely correct. It is either your sleeping posture, or your form while lifting that fucked up your shoulder. Using light weights should never be an issue. You should never get your ego wrapped up in weights. It make zero sense to do so. You'd only be hurting yourself. Form is god, form is king, posture is queen. All hail.
>>
>>7291580
I know that doing hard weights and taking long breaks makes more sense than doing easy weights and taking short breaks, but recovering from my situation I'll take your advice more seriously than I would have otherwise.
>>
>>7291586
It makes sense for building as much mass as possible in the shortest amount of time, but it ignores posture, joints, and ligaments. Shoulders rely on three major ligaments in the back part of them. There isn't a bug bulky muscle there that you can build. Balancing your pecs, lats, and delts can help, but those ligaments are just as important when it comes to shoulder health. That's why your posture is so important. With how often people sit today it's very easy to let your shoulders slide forward.

Google shoulder stretches and posture exercises. Pay very close attention to how your body feels. As much attention as possible. Look at yourself in a mirror if possible. Shirtless. Get a real understanding of your anatomy. It will really help.

Shoulder and back issues are my bread and butter for the last year. There's a lot of good information on Google but you really need to understand your own posture and anatomy before you apply it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.