[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some cozy meals I can just toss in the oven? You know,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 0
What are some cozy meals I can just toss in the oven? You know, stuff like Shepherd's Pie that doesn't require a lot of attention when I need to get other shit done.
>>
Shepherd's Pie
>>
Shepherd's Pie
>>
Cottage pie
>>
>>7290949
Any casserole dish...
>>
Shepards pie
>>
>>7290949
I love to put a roast into the oven in my covered roaster (graniteware or speckleware) where it always comes out perfectly done and moist. Just calculate weight/time, set it and forget it. I can eat off it for a couple of days, morphing leftovers for lunch, or freezing some for other recipes. Whether a ham, a fresh turkey breast, a pork loin or garlic stuffed rump roast. It's kind of something you can put a thermometer in, and kind of forget about, esp if braising or with liquid in the pan so drippings don't dry out for your gravy.

For a casserole, I like to move a lasagna/mac n cheese/stuffed shells from the freezer or fridge into the oven, tightly foiled. A meatloaf can be easy prep, mix it, shape onto a cookie sheet and cooked for a long time as well. Also can use thermometer on it and walk away. For sides, steam-in-bag or steamer for some fresh veggies. Can foil wrap some sweet or russets to be in the oven at the same time, or simply load up that main with veggies too.

I make a yogurt marinaded chicken pieces the night before in a crock, and move from fridge to oven too. Simple steamed rice side and lots of sauce is made. Top with cilantro or some almonds or onions.

FAST is chili con carne, and it can simmer for ages, or even be parked into a crock pot for the next day's enjoyment, either/or Can use it to top a baked potato, rice, or even nachos. I also like to crock pot country style ribs til done, and the next day, broil them with sauce of choice, whether asian or BBQ or something fun like jalapenos and guava jam til sticky and caramelized.

My ultimate fave recipe is sorta arroz conllo, a whole chicken cut up .. Squeeze over the juice of 3 limes and olive oil. Bake 10 pominutes skin-on at 450F to brown with spent limes in a 9x12 pyrex. Add a large can of cut up tomatoes, quartered onions, bag of VALENCIA rice and enough water to rinse can and equal 2 cups of liquid. Cover all tightly with foil. Risotto-like.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.