[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good websites for recipes? >inb4 allrecipes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 600x600
What are some good websites for recipes?

>inb4 allrecipes or some other mumsnet-tier place
>>
>>7289227
As I'm a huge fan of spicy food this has to be my favourite:
www.bad-dragon.com
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 230x219
>>7289239
>>
>>7289227

Like >>7289239 I bring the heat.
So lately, I'm into:
http://www.chinasichuanfood.com/
>>
>>7289242
Damnit. I didn't check his link until you said something.
>>
>>7289251
you guys... is this your first day on the interwebs?
>>
maybe be a bit more specific. what kind of recipes are you looking for?
i have to admit that i like the websites that get a lot of traffic and have a comment and rating function on the recipes. there are always good tipps and you can try to avoid recipes that dont really do it.
>>
>>7289258
Literally anything.

I'm bored at work and have several hours to kill, might as well spend them building some ideas up for future cooking.
>>
>>7289257
I spend less time on /b/ and /d/ than most apparently.
>>
www.4chan.org/ck/

:^)
>>
The beeb and graun usually have reliable recipes:
bbc.co.uk/food
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/food-and-drink

Especially this column: theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/series/how-to-cook-the-perfect

Also for asian stuff:
rasamalaysia.com
>>
>>7289273
At least post the booru.
http://ck.booru.org/
>>
>>7289282
The booru is shit though.
Verticals are for people with learning difficulties.
>>
>>7289239
Spicy meme friend.
>>
>>7289289
I don't think you should follow them completely, but they're good for ideas. And certainly better than expecting full recipes off of the board.
>>
>>7289227
http://www.vahrehvah.com/

If you are into Indian food.
>>
>>7289227
here's my tip.

learn techniques. cutting, boiling, braising, baking, stewing, pickling etc. etc. etc.

then just look up a recipe to use as a reference and apply your basic knowledge to it. that way, you aren't bound to what the recipe says to do. You just need to understand the process.
>>
>reading reviews on recipes

Why? 99% of the time it's some faggot who changes half the recipe and says it tastes like shit
>>
>>7289343
>I overcooked it and made substitutions like using plain flour when the recipe said to use self raising and it turned out horribly this is a terrible recipe. Went nicely with ketchup though.
>>
>>7289227
what i do is use an image search engine and then follow the links to the food pictures which look the tastiest. then i give all the recipes i've collected the once-over and pick the ones which sound the best.
>>
Imo the best cooking magazine + website is Saveur. They lean toward ethnic cuisine, which is awesome, and their recipes always go beyond the basics, unlike most cooking websites. They aren't afraid of fat either.

I like their takes on the classics. Try their garlic bread (holy shit) or tomato soup.

http://www.saveur.com/article/recipes/carbones-garlic-bread
http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Classic-Cream-Tomato-Soup
>>
>>7289227
supercooks.com
Just input ingredients and it'll give you suggested recipes based on them.

I don't exactly follow the recipes in there, but they give me good ideas on what to do with the stuff I want to use.
>>
Serious Eats
>>
Foodgawker
>>
>>7291610
seconding this
>>
>>7291610
Csme to post this
>>
saveur.com

Great stuff.
>>
>>7291610
pretty much the only one worth it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.