[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What vegetarian / vegan recipes do you personally recommend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: VEGETABLES.jpg (64 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
VEGETABLES.jpg
64 KB, 1024x768
What vegetarian / vegan recipes do you personally recommend?

inb4 "killing yourself" and variants thereof
>>
eggplant parm
>>
>>7289132
As part of a meal or just by itself?
>>
>>7289132
>>7289134
Oh wait I read it as "eggplant pham"
>>
I wish I could help you, but most of my recipes are not in english. When I'm too lazy to cook, I rely on smoothies, my favorite is frozen banana+peanut butter+cocoa powder+ oreos, not very heathy, but it's delicious.
>>
File: cat.jpg (594 KB, 1944x1944) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
594 KB, 1944x1944
>>7289461
>what vegetarian recipes do you recommend
>banana peanut butter chocolate oreo milkshake
>>
>>7289461
Oreos have lard, man
>>
>>7289132
this.. sweat the eggplant before you cook it and it will taste awesome

learn to cook grains.. they make a great base for everything - rice is obvious, barley is amazing, quinoa and buckwheat (grains but..) you can spice them up how you like, add nuts, raisins, fuit and veggies..
>>
>>7289486
>>7289461
You niggers better start posting vegan sides because mine are gone
>>
>>7289127
Stuffed portabella.
Hummus+tabouli+pita
Spinach and feta fatayer
White pizza

Pretty much anything that is vegetarian by recipe, and doesn't attempt to substitute for meat. I am not vegetarian, but if I was that would be the way I went about it.
>>
>>7289127
Indian food is fantastic if you want vegan food. They had been making it for thousands of years before it became a fad
>>
>>7289127
>blanch frozen green peas
>saute mushrooms
>cook rice
>mix everything, maybe a lil soy sauce
>add some penauts on top
>>
>>7289486

nope they're vegan
>>
French fries
>>
chicken fries
>>
>>7289127
Banana pancakes and Bean burgers made with Nori are two of my favourites.
>>
My boyfriend and I were vegan and he would complain all the time shit was tasteless. So I messed around with alot of things.
the best was vegan enchilads
roja sauce from a mexican grocery store, and jack cartina's salsa from costco
cook that shit up together 'till it's thick
get some of those vegetarian patties from costco too, and smash it down or whatever
carots, beans, peas ( I like using homemade refried beans)
make some spinich and onion and garlic or whatever
some motha fuckin' corn tortillias
dip them motha fuckas in the sauce
put all your shit in 'em
wrap them up
and pour left over sauce all over
>>
>>7292777
oh and cook for a bit in the oven at like 350
>>
>>7289740
+1
Vegetables and spice complete most nom-vegetarian dishes anyway, if you cant make them tasty you can't cook.
>>
I like this recipe for Tagliatelle with Fennel and Lemon Cream sauce I found online. It can be non-vegetarian by adding either salmon or shrimp, but it's fine on its own. For four people it's:

Ingredients:
-4 fennel bulbs
-500g tagliatelle
-Fresh sage, parsley and oregano
-Butter
-1 lemon
-200ml cream
-100g Parmesan
-EVOO

Recipe:
-Slice the fennel into thick slices
-Cook the fennel in boiling water for about 1 minute, let it leak on kitchen towel
-Cook the tagliatelle in the water you cooked the fennel in for 5 minutes, drain afterwards
-Add butter to a pan and bake the fennel for 3 minutes
-Chop some sage, parsley and oregano and add 3/4 of it to the pan, bake for 2 minuets
-Zest the lemon into the pan, then squeeze the lemon into the pan as well
-Add cream and flavor with salt and pepper
-Grate 3/4 of the Parmesan into the sauce
-Add the pasta to the sauce, heat it all for a bit and add EVOO

-Dump it all in plates, sprinkle remaining herbs and Parmesan

Actually tastes pretty fresh, great summer meal
>>
>>7289127
Here's a recipe for vegan pasta which I make almost every week.
>crumble smoked tofu
>cut onion
>fry in a pot with olive oil
>add carrots and whatever vegetables you like
>for example zucchini, celery, mushrooms, peppers
>keep frying for a while, then add crushed/diced tomato
>add (soy) cream if you're feel like it
>simmer over low heat for at least 10 minutes
>serve over pasta. Fusilli are recommended.
>>
>>7293757
Almost forgot. Season with sugar, salt, pepper, chili flakes and Italian herbs such as basil, oregano, majoram, or thyme.

Have another recipe for mushroom ragout.
>fry diced smoked tofu and onion in a pan with margarine
>add about a pound of any mushrooms that you like
>season with salt, pepper, rosemary and ginger
>fry five to ten minutes
>add soy cream
>cook another three minutes
>serve over basmati rice
>>
>>7289127
tomato soup with goat cheese. the only vegetarian dish i can think of that i've made
>>
I have a good recipe for vegetarian moussaka, as well as vegan brownies that are just as good as the regular versions. Only problem is the cost of the ingredients.
>>
>>7293843
Please share the brownie recipe!
>>
>>7289740
This or any South Asian cooking. Homemade Sri Lankan food is some of the most delicious food I've ever tasted.
>>
>crtl+f
>no falafel

get on this co/ck/s, shit is easy to make and delicious
>>
>>7293940
Post recipe co/ck/
>>
>>7293951
1 cup dried chickpea
1/2 cup dried red lentils
soak overnight, rinsed once or twice after draining, sat on some paper towels to get excess water off while preparing these ingredients.

1 medium to large onion(white or yellow) chopped
5 or 6 cloves of garlic
1 cup fresh italian parsley leaves
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander

put all that shit into a food processor and blend until its a uniform rough dough. You should be able to see the granulates of the beans. Take a small amount in your hand and drop/roll it from hand to hand till you have ball and set aside. There is no real set size though you want it small enough so that the oil almost covers it.

fill skillet with about an 1 1/2 inches of neutral oil and turn stove top to med high. When good and hot start placing in the falafel balls. Watch for them to start to turn brown. When there is a noticable difference between the top (should still look a little green) and sides (golden brown) turn over and let fry for another minute or 2, then remove from oil and let the oil seep out on a paper towel for a few minutes.
>>
>>7294031
Sounds real good, except for
>1 cup fresh italian parsley leaves
>1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
That's pushing it a bit, isn't it?
>>
File: 1335162750066.png (151 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1335162750066.png
151 KB, 1680x1050
>>7289127
Eat that shit raw, caveman status achieved
>inb4 wussy marble men
>>
>>7294066
lemme check my notes

that should be fine as long as you don't try and pack them down.

Also stay with a medium onion, large is actually a little much.
>>
>>7294081
Because cavemen also ate meat. If you're gonna go on a vegetarian diet, cooking allows you to mix in other sources of protein with your veggie dishes, i.e. nuts, tofu, [spoiler]and fish if you're based pescetarian. I figure wild-caught fish had their chance.[/spoiler]
>>
>>7293850
I probably should have specified that it's not an original recipe, but whatever here you go.
http://ohsheglows.com/2010/08/27/ultra-fudgy-brownies/
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.