[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Food Everyone Loves But You're Just Not That Into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 7
File: 1.jpg (470 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
470 KB, 3000x2000
Is there a (non-meme) food that is pretty universally liked but you just don't care for? You don't hate it, you just feel apathetic about it and don't understand the hype?

For me it's waffles and baked Mac and Cheese. When eat waffles, all I can think is that I'd rather be eating a stack of pancakes; when I eat Mac and Cheese, all I can think is that it's not comfort food at all- it tastes like cheese and pasta and it's just not that worth it.
>>
pancakes
>>
macarons
>>
>>7288098
I know eating dog is all the rage but I can't meme with that.
>>
>>7288098
I won't say waffles is my favorite food, but this is odd because waffles with butter and syrup is my favorite flavor if that makes sense. It's a trifecta of flavors that play off each other and it's sexy af. But like I said, it's not my favorite meal.. it's not complete enough and it would make me sick if I ate too much .
>>
>>7288098
Leavened waffles are pretty great, especially if you let them go overnight or longer- more complex flavor and better texture imo. Combine that with some nice butter and some really good maple syrup and it's pretty great. Not a huge fan of regular waffles, though- don't dislike them, they're just eh. Disagree with you about the mac and cheese though- although the quality of a mac and cheese REALLY depends on the cheese you choose. Mac and cheese made with really old cheddar is excellent.
>>
chocolate, any carbonised beverage
>>
>>7288098
Curry and Mexican food. Dunno what's all the hype about tacos and shit.
>>
i couldn't stand ham for the longest time. now i do like it but can't stand salami. only the salsiz ones that are very finely ground. i hate those fat blobs. yuck
>>
Mashed potatoes.
Shit makes me heave.
>>
>>7288098
Really it's the opposite with me. I love waffles, but hate pancakes. Waffles have the dual texture of crunchy exterior with the soft, probably slightly soggy from the syrup + butter, interior, and they are almost impossible to fuck up. Pancakes are single texture throughout, stodgy and soft, with no real flavor merit.
>>
>>7288646
Have you ever had legit ham? Shit is gold dust.
>>
Milk Chocolate - I'd rather have dark or white.
>>
How the actual fuck does anyone prefer pancakes?
>>
File: 1418593051457.jpg (7 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
1418593051457.jpg
7 KB, 242x208
>there are people who dont eat everything at least once in this world
>>
I don't like pizza but everyone else does
>>
Oatmeal I guess. I have trouble eating oatmeal because I hate the mushy texture and the taste of the cooked oats. Doesn't matter if I cook it in milk. I can add all the toppings I want it doesn't help. Tried eating some this morning using less liquid and it wasn't so great. Basically boiling it in any liquid is out. I fucking love oatmeal cookies. I love no-bake cookies, granola, and granola bars. Fruit crisps are great too. Tomorrow I'm going to try a baked oatmeal recipe tomorrow and see if it works out.

It just kind of pisses me off because even my twelve year old cousin who eats noting but chicken nuggets will eat oatmeal.

Sweet potatoes and squash. I hate that underlying sweetness they have. I'm thinking I can bypass that by cooking them in things that have overwhelming flavors. Orange vegetables are shit.

I dislike the taste and smell of cucumbers.
>>
>>7291243
See, I hate the taste of cucumbers but love the smell. They smell so...Fresh
>>
>>7288098
Pancakes
Waffles
Eggs
Bacon
Burritos
Burgers
Steak
Baked/mashed potatoes
Chicken breasts
French fries
Butter
Mac and cheese
Mayo
Ranch dressing
Chain/frozen pizza
Breakfast cereal
Turkey sandwiches
>>
>>7291254
That's what I hear a lot. About how fresh they are. I can kind of understand because they've got this crisp pureness to them. Like spring water. I've never found it appealing though.

The cucumbers, not the water. A glass of chilled crisp water is a wonderful thing.
>>
>>7288098
maybe ive just never had a good pancake but I would much much much rather have waffles to pancakes
>>
>>7288643
I can't get into Mexican food either. Maybe I've been going to the wrong places.
>>
>>7288098
I really want to like waffles because I have this idea in my head as to how they should taste, but I've never been able to find waffles that are to my liking.

I want something crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Most of the time though they just taste like they put pancake batter into a waffle press.

I'm also pretty picky with pancakes. IHOP makes the perfect pancake and I've yet been able to make it like theirs or had similar or better elsewhere. I like my soft and delicate, something that'll soak up the butter and syrup well and also something that isn't rubbery or thick.

When they're good, they're amazing, it's just that they're not good most of the time.
>>
Icecream, especially icecream cake. Everyone I know acts like i'm ridiculous for not liking it. I'm not even lactose, but just the thought of it makes me gag a little.
>>
File: gordon15.gif (778 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
gordon15.gif
778 KB, 480x360
>>7288098
>Creme cheese
>>
File: 1bacon0929.jpg (41 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
1bacon0929.jpg
41 KB, 900x599
>>7288098
I never understood the allure
Also.... I'm pretty sure bacon is meme food, but it needs to be mentioned
>>
File: chocolate-bar.png (76 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
chocolate-bar.png
76 KB, 500x400
Chocolate in any form, it makes me gag. Also pork and steak I'm not so keen on.
>>
I dont enjoy pie. Everyone hates me for it but its just not my thing.
>>
>>7291804
Not even pecan pie?
>>
>>7291807

All pie, its the pie crusts really and sometimes the overly mushy centers. I don't enjoy the combination of the two at all.
>>
>>7288098
I hate eggs. Don't know why
>>
#1 is pie. most pie doesn't taste good enough to be worth the unhealthiness. i've slowly come around on pumpkin pie but that's about it.

also, salad and salad dressing. It seems like dressing was invented to be some flavor add-on to make the veggies more appealing but it renders them inedible instead. A majority of the ingredients in them are just super-gross to me too. lettuce is typically an icky filler material that doesn't have enough nutrition to make up for enduring it. tomato slices/cherry tomatoes i can't stand eating. etc.

I just can't figure out how shitty salads became the default half-assed-healthy-food option. it's like the food equivalent of religiously doing a stength training program on all machines when you have other options: you're doing a version of a healthy decison that feels worse and is less effective than just doing it right. why are you amplifying your own suffering?

even things like brussel sprouts, which feels like the go-to stereotype of unbearable veggies in pop culture and with random people, are a thousand times better than salad to me.

i typically eat plain spinach and steamed veggies and things like that to get my barely-not-dying quantities of vegetables while trying to train my brain to eat less shittily.
>>
>>7291855
I use pepper, sea salt, and pepper jack cheese. Eggs aren't good by themselves but serve as a wonderful support for other flavors.
>>
>>7288098
waffles with syrup and peanut butter is pretty good. totally changed my mind on waffles
>>
>>7291283
care to explain?
>>
Caramel, french fries, anything containing coffee, chocolate
>>
Spaghetti especially when served with bolegnese sauce. My only explanation for it's popularity is that it's the only pasta type available in north america or a hive mind.
Bolegnese always taste like mince in watery tomatoes and is usually devoid of any fat.
Anyone else kept on ordering it as a kid despite always being disappointed and never liking it?
>>
>>7292155
Well... You clearly haven't tried my bolognaise.
>>
>>7291780
Always found our bacon to be meme tier, British bacon is based
>>
>>7291283

so uhhh what do you do for breakfast?

french toast?
>>
>>7292017
Just foods people commonly eat that I'll avoid because in most situations there's usually something more interesting, and these foods strike me as boring.
>>7292375
Oatmeal with toasted walnuts and cinnamon usually. Sometimes I just have coffee and a piece of toast, then go for an early lunch. I've never been a fan of most American breakfast foods. I'd rather eat last night's leftovers as an early lunch.
>>
>>7292155
>bolegnese
>>
>>7288098
Mushroom anything tbqh
I really hate how mushroom fanboys constantly talk about how they eat "shrooms" with everything
>>
>>7291285
>water
>crisp
wut
>>
Any desserts at all. Literally don't give a shit about them. Especially cupcakes/cookies.
>>
>>7288098
Huh, that's funny, thats the way I feel about pancakes.
>>
>>7288098
Anything cake

>Fucking amazing looking cake with icing frills and flowers and shit
>Have a slice of it
>Tastes like a blob of sugar and butter

Every fucking time. Cakes with chocolate or fruit are slightly more salvageable, but at that point I'd rather have all that alone without the cake element.
>>
>>7292949
that never ever happens
>>
>>7291203
This. Waffles are fucking GOAT
>dat crisp
>dat crunch
>dat extra pockets for butter and syrup
Say wha?
>>
>>7292375
Good french toast is better than waffles and pancakes desu

And crepes are better than all
>>
>>7288908
>>no flavor profile
you are critically wrong here.
>>
>>7291780
>>7292349
>>whats the alure?
bacon is so good because its a lot of flavor into a smaller ammount of product.

>>7292988
french toast is only good french toast when it's lost bread.
>>
>>7288098
mac and cheese
>>
>>7292961
I'm kinda the same, for some reason when I see cake my brain wants it to be fruity or really varied flavors and then its just vanilla or chocolate 90% of the time.
>>
>>7288098

Beer. It all tastes like bitter soda water to me.

Hot dogs: Disgusting cheap "meat". The only way people can eat it is if the flavor is buried in condiments.

Pancakes serve no purpose. At least waffles have a nice texture. Pancakes only taste good when they are saturated with syrup.

Mac and cheese: would be better off putting the cheese on some vegetables like cauliflower or brocolli, tastes better and is healthier.

White chocolate: tastes like sugary plastic, what's the point?
>>
>>7292952
It's a thing.

Like how winter air can be crisp. It's pure and chilly. It's hard to put into words.
>>
>>7294017
like semen?
>>
basically every sweet baked good. I can eat a piece of cake or a cookie/brownie/whatever if someone's made it for me but i have no desire to eat any of these things if it's not just to make someone feel appreciated
>>
Cannolis
French toast
Eggs (unless combined with other food, like omelettes)
>>
>>7292375
>thinking that breakfast is only based wheat based products
This is why westerners get fat quickly once they hit 30 desu
>>
>>7294230
Semen is definitely creamy.
>>
>>7288597
This. I can't stomach the things
>>
Cake with frosting, makes me want to gag. Pies are much better imo.
>>
Steak...

It's okay I guess. I'd rather be using the meat to make something else.
>>
>>7291283
youre just picky faggot i bet you dont like sardines either.
>>
> Sausages, Pepperoni, Salami, etc
I'm just not a fan of processed, fatty meats. I'll totally eat beef or pork or turkey or whatever else, but I just find beef sausages and bratwurst and deli cured meats and similar stuff to just be, well....gross

> White Rice
Now, I like rice. I like basmati, brown rice, wild rice, red rice, black rice, you name it. Depending on the dish and how it is prepared, I'm even okay with white rice too.
But just plain white rice? Especially on its own? I can't think of anything more bland, tasteless, and boring.
White rice with sushi is just gummy and awful. And I don't understand most Asian restaurants giving a scoop/bowl of plain steamed white rice with every meal. It's just completely tasteless filler. It is the white bread of the rice world.

> Coffee or Tea in any way besides strait black
I love coffee. I like milk. But never the two shall meet.
>>
itt picky people from Wisconsin/Dakotas bitch about food that tastes great everywhere else. move out of your moms trailer you cheese eating cucks
>>
Seltzer/Sparkling/Fizzy/Mineral water.
It's fuckin gross- it just tastes like carbonation to me.
>>
>>7288098

tea. I'd love to love tea but I don't think anything can beat a cup of coffee with a little cookie or chocolate. They go so well together and tea doesn't really go with anything.
>>
Any sort of cream. Single, double clotted, whipped it makes no difference to me, it just tastes of nothing.
>>
Other way around for me. Whenever I am eating pancakes all I can think is "wow, waffles would be so much better".
>>
>>7288646
get some Iberian hamon in you.
shit changed me
>>
>>7291780
>literally swine ass shavings
yeah fuck that noise
>>
>>7294611
>not liking swine ass shavings
just cuck me up now lawd jesus
>>
>>7291780
Ha I actually tried to post this same picture only to see that it was a duplicate post. that's what I get for not checking the thread.

Anyway I hate bacon too. The smell used to make me sick when I was a kid. It tastes like overcooked ham dipped in buckets of salt and grease (witch is basically what it is) and it has the texture of semi-hard plastic. I don't get why people like it either.

Also I hate the taste and texture of coconut, although it's not quite as popular as bacon anyway.

Artificial "grape" flavor is also pretty terrible and artificial banana flavor isn't too good either.
>>
>>7294648
*which
Shit.
>>
>>7288620
my father made german waffles that would yeast themselves for days, good god they're fantastic.

i don't get how anyone prefers pancakes over a waffle—there's just no textural contrast to 'cake
>>
>>7294300
>Cannolis
YOU TAKE THAT BACK
>>
Coffee.

I don't hate it and drink it without complains if there's nothing else but I don't have any at home or buy it anywhere.

I'm just not in to it.
>>
>>7288098
Fried chicken. Or chicken in general
>>
>>7291243
Nigga just eat those rolled oats raw under some yogurt &/or milk with some fresh fruit. Instant shit is for fuckin kids who only eat nuggies anyways. Fuck I started doin this shit outta laziness and eat it this way almost daily now. Fuck cereal eat oat.
>>
>>7292952
faggot, do you not live?
>>
>>7294648
>artificial grape and banana flavor
Two of my guilty pleasures. Grape soda is GOAT, too bad I don't drink soda anymore.
>>
>>7293348
What flavor do you get from pancakes that you don't get from a plain waffle? They all literally taste like batter, or whatever stupid shit people put in to augment them.
>>
>>7294850
Sorry Pep, I'm just not that into them
>>
>>7288098
Pancakes.. So fucking meh
>>
File: bread.jpg (33 KB, 634x406) Image search: [Google]
bread.jpg
33 KB, 634x406
>>7288637
>carbonised beverage
>>
>>7288098
how could you not like these >>>>>7296342
?!?
>>
>>7291780
I'm okay with bacon if it's just an embellishment but I don't understand people who could actually eat it by itself.
I also hate mint.
>>
>>7291207
i cant fucking stand picky eaters. if there is one thing to frogpost about with validation, it is picky eaters.
>>
>>7288608
Your descripion made my dick hard for some walles with butter and syrup
>>
>>7298757
*waffles*
>>
>>7291283
>This list

I disagree with you on everything except for potatoes. But, Butter? Man that's just odd.

Also turkey sandwiches and mayo are mutually paired because delicatessen turkey is so fucking dry, you need mayo or butter on a slice of bread to make it palatable and less like eating a dry sponge.

Oh, chicken breasts suck too. But you're still a card.
>>
Any kind of nuts. They feel weird win my mouth and they don't taste very good, but they're alright as part of something else occasionally.
>>
Anything with saffron or coconut (milk er flakes) is something I enjoyed.
>>
>>7294648
Exactly my thoughts.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.