[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I hide the smell of alcohol on my breath? Moved in with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 0
How do I hide the smell of alcohol on my breath?

Moved in with my parents after living abroad for a few years. I'm saving for a downpayment so I don't have to pay schlomo rent so it will only be about a year, but I drink a lot in the basement and need to hide the smell on my breath. My parents drink and know I do but I don't think they'd be too happy know I drink alone in my room almost every evening. Not that they'd throw me out or be mad, it would just contribute to their feeling that I am a pathetic loser. Which I kind of am, but I don't want to add to it to their list of things that contribute to their thinking this.
>>
Don't wipe your ass and you will stink so bad that they'll never notice
>>
>>7286968
Gelatine
>>
I don't think there's a reliable way. Vodka doesn't leave as much scent on your breath as other drinks.
>>
Put vodka on tampon
Tampon in ass

Get drunk as fuck, no alcohol consumption required
>>
Guzzle pigs blood to mask smell
>>
>>7286990

really? I have a ton of empty gelatin capsules. I wonder if a handful of those would work.

>>7286992

I usually just drink cheap bourbon or tall boys of malt liquor. I don't mind vodka but then I'd need a mixer to choke it down, but the cheap vodka is pretty appealing.
>>
>>7286998

this. works really well.
>>
Living in parents basement..lived abroad already..doesn't want them to know he drinks down there..asks /ck/ how to hide alcohol smell..thinks he is ready for the world and has his shit together...
If you can't face your parents how will you face any one else in the world?
>>
>>7287025

I have no idea that's why I said I was a loser. Trust me you don't need to point out my faults. I know them much more intimately than anyone else ever could.
>>
Unless you're such an alchoholic that they actively check your breath, washing your mouth out with toothpaste or a bit of a listerine-type wash should take care of the brunt of the smell.
>>
>>7287134
The smell doesn't come from your mouth. It's actually in your lungs.
>>
>>7287086
Wee get over that shit some how. But as to your question, keep a bag of chips around. I like the sour cream and cheddar ones by ruffles or some spicy street taco doritos. a handful of either always gets rid of my smell and I drink cheap ass malt liquor that smells god awful.
>>
>>7287146
It does come from your lungs but masking it with strong odors works well enough for short encounters which I'm guessing OP is more asking about
>>
>>7287146
this

you can't hide the smell of alcohol with mouth wash or brushing your teeth
>>
There is no way to hide it, once you get past a drink or two the ethanol smell radiates off your body and will be instantly detectable to anyone who knows what you smell like (protip: close family always unconsciously knows what other close family smells like)

You seriously expect to hide a serious drinking habit for a year from people living under the same roof? Even if it wasn't for the smell, good luck sneaking out those empties day after day, without anyone noticing or getting suspicious or ever accidentally finding where you hide them.

Get real op. If you have an addictive personality, you can channel that towards exercise. A lot of people have successfully done that.
>>
>>7287146
I've heard this, you breathe fumes from your lungs, its alcohol being processed in your blood and escaping as a different chemical. I'm not sure personally but some people seem to be very sensitive to the smell. Unless you spend all drinking to blackout drunk I'm not sure they'd notice. I do recommend you switch to vodka and steer clear of malt liqour, beer, and especially bourbon. That shit makes you smell as bad as eating a bowl of garlic.
>>
>>7287155
Do you know from experience? I know you drink a shitload. I used to and still do occasionally, I've only been called out a couple times but had hundreds of encounters where nobody noticed, or at least they didn't bring it up because I appeared to be sober.
>>
>>7287174
>hundreds of encounters where nobody noticed, or at least they didn't bring it up because I appeared to be sober.

They noticed and either didn't care or felt too uncomfortable to bring it up.

Former coworker of mine would show up under the influence for the last few years he worked for the company. He managed to be clean cut but you could see it in his eyes and smell it when you got too close. Even his boss had no idea how to handle it and since he pretty much got his shit done nobody ever said anything. Apparently he developed this idea that he was a successful secret drunk because one day he went to a board meeting in his usual state, and certain people who weren't in on the conspiracy took notice. He was gone the next day.
>>
>>7287174
I've never been called out but have seen people accuse others of stinking like alcohol at 8am

not sure if they were drinking or not

all I know is that alcohol is detected from your breath
>>
Start smoking cigarettes.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.