[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me ceeekay, why haven't you started a food truck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
Tell me ceeekay, why haven't you started a food truck?

>Low cost compared to restaraunt
>hipster credibility
>get mad pussayyyyy in truck
>be self employed and happy

what do you have to lose?
>>
>>7281833
The high cost of the truck and permits

/thread
>>
>Disney's animal kingdom

Yeah total hipster cred.
>>
>>7281833
>>get mad pussayyyyy in truc
never heard of this. girls dont flock to food truck drivers.
>>
The opportunity cost of quitting my job and spending 6 months squabbling over a parking space in midtown to fight over flighty, fickle office workers with yelp accounts and a lot of poorly contained frustrations at the world that they'd like to take out on anyone convenient.
>>
>>7281836

>$40,000-$70,000 food truck
>$100,000+ to start restaraunt
>>
>>7281852
I'd rather just spend $70k on lottery tickets, at least I'd have a chance of becoming a millionaire
>>
File: 20160112_141744.png (371 KB, 1080x1701) Image search: [Google]
20160112_141744.png
371 KB, 1080x1701
>>7281850

But stray kitties do
>>
>>7281849
just an example man cool it.
>>
>>7281861
I think this is better. I'll feed those stray kitties.
>>
>>7281862
The fact that Disney is cashing in on food trucks should tell you that the hipster cred for the entire concept is long gone.
>>
>>7281850
Hipsters would...
>>
>>7281833
My job pays me pretty well and leaves me with plenty of leisure time. Trading that for something that doesn't pay very well and locks me into being on my feet for 60 hours a week of hot, dirty work holds no appeal.
>>
>>7281833
>>7281833
> made turkey meatballs at the weekend
> these are so good dream up food truck idea selling turkey meatball meals
> remember I have a great job in technology that I enjoy more than dealing with the public all day and running a food truck
>>
i know a shithead who started a vegan food truck in austin, texas.

the guy worked for Apple tech support before that.

Before THAT he was a loser punk rocker who got his gf pregnant in the 9th grade. Fucking faggot.

His name is Chris Baker, btw.
>>
>>7281892
you must have been really surprised when you found out the girl you had a crush on had already been impregnated by that guy while you were trying to build up the courage to pass her a note in class
>>
>>7281892
I bet it does well business wise.
>>
>>7281896
No, that whore was some molested white trash bitch. I only met her 1 time. Nice psych 101 rundown though.
>>
>>7281897
Sure. Everyone that left California went to Boulder, Portland, Denver, or Austin.

I'm sure there are plenty of fruits and nuts to patronize that business.
>>
>>7281905
>>7281892
>i know a shithead
>he was a loser
>Fucking faggot
>that whore was some molested white trash bitch

You sound like a happy person
>>
>>7281916
So being happy is the ultimate goal, even if it flies in the face of reality?

Smoke some more dope.
>>
>>7281850
the fat ones do
>>
File: 1440827484301.png (85 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
1440827484301.png
85 KB, 427x640
>>7281861
There's a lot of cats There.... I see you have a golden mouse..... Any tips cat loving coo/ck/?
>>
>>7281925
>So being happy is the ultimate goal
It's pretty damm important, yeah.
>even if it flies in the face of reality?
Instead of being bitter about something that happened to you in high school, move on, focus on the now, and work on the future. This is your only chance of being happy.
>Smoke some more dope
Sounds like we found one of your issues, but something tells me your substance abuse is only a symptom of deeper problems.
>>
>>7281940

Things went into full swing once I got the big kitty condo. I got five mementos that day. Also don't be afraid to spend extra fish on the frisky bits because you'll make your money back in no time. It's much more productive than using the cheap cat food. I'm averaging 40-50 goldfish and 400+ regular fish per day while only spending about 50 on food.
>>
the same reason why we don't have any drive In restaurant's in the midwest
>>
File: shelly55151.gif (995 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
shelly55151.gif
995 KB, 500x374
i guess i'm just too lazy to work 18-hour days in an over-saturated market that has extremely small profit margins.
>>
>>7281910
Jealousy is very unbecoming
>>
>>7281971
You don't have anything besides cows and hockey. We don't need you in this conversation
>>
>>7281833
because I dont even like food
>>
>>7281892
he sounds like he's cooler than u
>>
>>7282017
successfully self employed business owner, adventurous, and not a virgin.

He's cooler than this entire board.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>7281892
>>7282020
Found him by googling the details

Alpha, fit, non-virgin self-employed business owner in a progressive town. Vegan on top of all that.

I can see why /r9ck/ hates him so much.
>>
>>7281925
the first step to happiness is letting go of all the hate
>>
>>7281892
Fairly confident this guy owns Arlos and the Vegan Yacht, both of which are, like most food trucks expensive and with nice and small portions. Never had the Vegan one, but Arlo's is overrated as fuck. I'd rather pop into Spudnik and get a cheap beer and burger than fight the lines for his faggotry.

The only excuse to visit food trucks ever is if they have an pretty good to exceptional product which in Austin I would say that only Red Star, East Side Kings and a honorable mention for the former Kebabalicious food truck are worth the price. Besides, they're all on East 6th and I rarely have any interest in dealing with that crowd.
>>
>>7281892
Kek. If this is truly the guy you're talking about
>>7282028

Then you might be the biggest beta faggot this side of the mississippi.
>>
>>7281950
>tfw Tubbs eats my entire bowl of food as soon as I put it out

>>7282028
Julian?
>>
>>7282043
God, if you live in Austin I hope you dont regularly resort to food trucks.

No idea about the names of his trucks, also.
>>
>>7282074
I stopped visiting East 6th years ago. The only times I ever go is if a friend forces me to or a friend of mine who has heard about how hip Austin is (they're usually from a flyover) and we'll bar hope a bit. Personally if I want to go out, I'm going to Black Star or Whip in.

And no. Last time I got truck food was the last time my friend from WI was here and that was well over a year ago. Food trucks are shit unless you're drunk and it's past closing time. And yes, I do live in Austin, but hopefully not for too much longer.
>>
>>7281833
That's a Disney Springs food truck, though. . .
>>
>>7282089
not going to pieous is a sin
>>
File: gdiPh.jpg (146 KB, 1195x897) Image search: [Google]
gdiPh.jpg
146 KB, 1195x897
>>7282065
>>
>>7282089
Last time I went to Austin, I went to this Detroit style pizza place. Are the workers there always pissed off?
>>
>>7282568
Sorry, it was a truck. Via 313 I think it was called.
>>
>>7281833
Meme Trucks? Yes please!
>>
>>7281861

Joe DeMeowggio approves.
>>
I've though about opening a munchie box truck in my small stoner town, with more American styled offerings as I don't know much Indian food.
Ex.
Chicken strips/spicy chicken
Pizza cheese/pepperoni
Fries bar style/poutine/Irish/Mexican
This corn dog where you have five differant types of hotdog on the stick that I saw at a ballpark
Nachos

Would stoned and drunk co/ck/s munch?
>>
>>7282667
of course they would. If the price was right.
>>
Was gonna start a food truck but spent the cash on a masters degree instead. Think I made the right decision.
>>
>>7282065

Yeah but he pays enough to buy 3 bowls so he's okay with me
>>
>>7281910
In that case, sounds like he made a good decision and is probably enjoying his life. Sounds great.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.