[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys Never posted here before but I figured you guys would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 960x720
Hey guys

Never posted here before but I figured you guys would have some bro science for me

I shot 2 deer on a hunting trip. So Friday and Saturday they've been sitting on ice. Apparently there's a bunch of ways to fuck up deer meat and you have to purge it or some shit.

Anyone have any game recipes or something easy for first timers ?
>>
>>7281645
My wife's boyfriend soaks it in buttermilk to take the gameyness out of it
>>
>>7281649
Buttermilk? I would have never guessed that! Would you know how he cooked it after?

Also is your wife hot??
>>
>>7281649
Had to read that twice. Goddamnit /ck/!
>>
>>7281653
>>7281658
Buttermilk does take most of the gamey flavor out though
>>
>>7281649
>>7281670

milk soak is important.

after that I marinate in italian dressing and roast it like a ham or a beef joint. usually it's pretty lean so spoon in some bacon fat or olive oil etc
>>
>>7281679
So like step 1, grab a ziplock bag and soak some cuts for how long??
>>
chop in little bits & make carbonara
>>
>>7281689
My wife's son loves when I make creamy venison carbonara
>>
>>7281645
My wife's boyfriend likes to grind it up and make chili. I'm not allowed to taste it, but it always smells good from the other room when they're cooking it together.
>>
>>7281704
This meme needs to die
>>
>>7281823
no u
>>
>>7281694

You sound like a good husband.
>>
>tfw no one else remembers the guy who took the roadkill deer home and took pics of butchering it in his bathtub with a kitchen knife
>>
>>7281645
Soooo Milk soak

Step 2?
>>
>>7281670
Lol OP here

I thought for a second that MAYBE there was parts of 4chan that didn't have inside cuck jokes

For a second anyways
>>
Op is a beaner fagot
>>
hang it upside down after gutting in a cold environment for 2-3 days, cut it at the neck which you should have done already when you hung it, cut the skin down each leg, starting at its back ankles grab the skin with pliers or some really good non slip gloves and pull. Pull all the skin off while cutting as much silver skin as you can. Once the skin/hide is off, continue to remove silver skin. Silver skin is bad. Then use a flexible knife and cut close to bone and remove each muscle and you will need a serrated knife for some of it to cut joints and this and that and the ribs if you want them whole to make a rack and not just take the meat. DO NOT LET ANY SCENT GLANDS TOUCH ANY MEAT EVER. When you gut it after you find it, do not puncture the stomach or intestines or any organs, remove its entire asshole. None of this can touch the meat because all of it plus the silver skin adds to the "gaminess" people complain about. Cut the meat the way you want it and use the fattier cheap parts for jerky or ground meat for sausage or ground meat and mix in some beef. Once all this is done, you should soak what you're about to cook in buttermilk. It's not a joke. It takes a lot of the blood flavor out and something else I can't remember. Don't eat the part the bullet or arrow went through where it's bright red on the meat compared to the rest because it's basically a large bruise/clot in the meat. Also, don't eat it raw because wild game can have some weird shit in it like parasites and worms and it doesn't make you manly to spend a week in a hospital or on the toilet almost dead.
>>
>>7282573
/ck/ was pretty free of it until a couple months ago, it's just a crowd of epic memers hanging around until they get bored.
>>
>>7282672
and yes we got us internet out here in the country it's how I print off my shooting targets every day
>>
File: fish-sauce-585x585 (1).jpg (30 KB, 585x585) Image search: [Google]
fish-sauce-585x585 (1).jpg
30 KB, 585x585
>>7281645
I recently tried using this stuff as a marinaide and it came out great.
>>
>>7282566
jizz soak.
>>
File: 5548.jpg (24 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
5548.jpg
24 KB, 450x450
>milk soak
>cavenders
>like flour coat
>fry that shit up
10/10 jelly would eat
>>
If you butcher it right, ie. not getting hair all over the meat and busting the piss bag, the meat won't even taste gamey.
>>
>>7281645
yeah go buy some ice in bags and empty them over the deer meat in your cooler. Close the top and open the release valve on the bottom on a slope and let the ice melt. one or two times doing this should take a lot of the blood out of the meat and 'purge' it of a lot of the unpleasant gamey flavor. Then you could see about a brine or buttermilk marinade.
>>
>>7281870
Goddamnit, when my laptop died I lost the caps of that. The good ol' days.

I remember the raccoon dude, too.
>>
>>7282672
>>7282688
Ignoring the faggy 'yes we got internet in the country, we're special' thing, this guy is about right. Buttermilk soaks are the best thing you can do; stick with what this guy said, OP.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.