[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you cooking tonight /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: nydone.jpg (2 MB, 2285x1714) Image search: [Google]
nydone.jpg
2 MB, 2285x1714
Rate, give tips, etc.

Throwing a couple USDA prime NY steaks on the ol Weber propane grill. Cooking up some small potatoes with sea salt, olive oil and rosemary. Julienned carrots roasted with butter brown sugar and honey and then topping the steaks with Gorgonzola/parsley butter.

pic related, last NY i made.
>>
>>7274619
Leftover chicken and sausage gumbo that I made yesterday. I might make some oatmeal raisin cookies this afternoon as well.
>>
File: IMG_20160116_200610.jpg (4 MB, 4000x2992) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160116_200610.jpg
4 MB, 4000x2992
I did it again!
Nothing fancy but it's really fucking tasty
>pasta
>ham
>mache salad
>cheese
>a bit of olive oil
>pepper
>>
I went out and bought a succulent chinese meal.
>>
>>7274643
Looks pretty good. I'd eat it.
>>
Looks good OP. Nice sear, good color.

Grilling some burgers tonight here. I'll season them with a simple Paula Deen house seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder) an hour before, fry some bacon, and get some baked beans going (just canned, nothing fancy). Half the bacon and half an onion goes in the beans. Then grill the burgers with barbecue sauce and cheddar, batter and fry some onion rings in the bacon grease, finish the burgers with bacon and onion rings on top.
>>
>>7274647
This is /ck/. You're supposed to say "sourced" instead of "bought."
>>
>>7274680
Or "acquired" or "came into"
>>
File: nygrilled.jpg (2 MB, 2285x1191) Image search: [Google]
nygrilled.jpg
2 MB, 2285x1191
>>7274671

Hell yeah. Western BBQ burgers hit the spot sometimes. Especially with homemade onion rings like that. What kind of BBQ sauce are you making or using? I always like something sweet and tangy with some heat. I usually just start with some original Bullseys sauce and add some hot sauce and Tabasco until it reaches the perfect mixture of sweet, heat and savory tang.

Here is that sear fresh off the grill. I've been using Kinder's Prime Rib Rub as a seasoning for these steaks. Really gives the sear on the outside that prime rib bark that you get in a restaurant.
>>
Tonight's menu is going to be a simple one:

Spinach & Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breast
Rice Pilaf
Lemon and Garlic Roasted Bessel Sprouts

Thread coming later tonight
>>
>>7274690
Sweet Baby Ray's. I admit it, I'm half-a-notch above the Kraft plebs.
>>
>>7274720

Oh come on man. That stuff is complete dog shit. Worst BBQ sauce.

Mix some up with some Tabasco and Worcestershire and see how much better it is.
>>
>>7274619
Reheating some picadillo and black beans I made last night. I've been going out to eat the last couple days so it feels good to have a home-cooked meal.
>>
>>7274619
I made Fajitas, they were excellent.
>>
File: 1441093745826.jpg (15 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
1441093745826.jpg
15 KB, 250x240
>>7274619

>homemade pierogis w/onions and butter
>onigiri with natto for my brother
> A FUCKING WELL DONE STEAK FOR MY MOTHER

so basically the night's a wash
>>
File: IMAG1576.jpg (847 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1576.jpg
847 KB, 1520x2688
This isn't cooked, is it?
>>
>>7277366

>m8 you cooked it only on one side
>>
>>7277368
Yea. Is it safe to feed to cats, do you think?
>>
>>7277370
nvm. He took one sniff and tried to bury it. lol
>>
>>7277374
That's a hoot.
>>
I'm going to bring a delicious rib eye to work (since we have to pay for our food at work) and grill that shit up.
>>
I think I'm going to blacken some salmon. I'm not sure about sides since I didn't pick up much produce yesterday. My go to is asparagus but it's out of season so it both looks like shit and is ball expensive. I may just end up baking some potatoes.
>>
Going to source a Domino's pizza tonight because it's sunday and i feel like doing nothing

Need some ideas for next week though
>>
>>7274619
Looks good mate, would consume.
>>
>>7278037
Same here. I need leftover-able lunch ideas for my gf and I to take to work
>>
This evening I will be baking up some homemade cauliflower fries, and sauteing some pan fried mushrooms in a thick lemon butter sauce, served over a bed of warm pilaf.

Healthy as fuck
>>
>>7278072
Invest in a good wok, then make massive vegetable and chicken Asian stirfries. Bring to work in tupperware with noodles.
>>
File: sous_vide_ribeye.jpg (1 MB, 3536x2167) Image search: [Google]
sous_vide_ribeye.jpg
1 MB, 3536x2167
Made a ribeye last night with sous vide + hot weber grill to finish. 'twas delicious.

Wasn't that hungry so I ate the steak bare (no sides) like a true bachelor.
>>
>>7274619

Veal chops. Brine: salt, sugar, pepper.

Green beans. Frozen.

I was going to make steak frites in duck fat, but certainly open to suggestions on the beans and potatoes.
>>
>>7278744
It was no where near hot enough. trim the god damned fat or render it.
>>
Leftover meatballs and red sauce turned into a small lasagna. Pretty excited.
>>
>>7278795
>i don't know what white balance is on a cell phone camera
I'll try to get the DSLR out for vanity shots next time.
>>
I cooked some pork chops. I'm not sure two of them got hot enough, but fuck it, #yolo, hopefully they'll get hot enough in the microwave as leftovers. Would have had a baked potato with it, but the internet lied to me and an hour at 400 degrees wasn't nearly enough. This thing is still hard.

Clearly I am still new to cooking.
>>
>>7274643
Throw some walnut in there my nigga
>>
Making some taco rice tonight.
>>
>>7274619
Your steak looks tasty. That's the same doneness I like mine.
>>
>>7279022
He's right though, this steak would be improved if the fat was rendered. Just hold it sideways with the fat against the pan for 3 or 4 minutes and it will help.
>>
>>7279296

He clearly said he did sous vide with a grill. There is no pan to render the fat for fucks sake.
>>
microwave burritos

>refried beans
>Mexican rice
>cheddar cheese
>fire-roasted salsa
>plain Greek yogurt
>chipotle Tabasco
>>
File: 0117161858a.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
0117161858a.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
Wasn't as good as mom makes it, but I got to break in my new dutch oven.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.