[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>eggs are vegetarian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1
>eggs are vegetarian
>>
>>7265764
do vegetarians eat mayo?
>>
>>7265764
Eggs can be considered vegetarian if you're ovo or lacto-ovo vegetarian.

You're thinking of vegans, which do not eat any animal products at all.

Use your brain and think about what you're shitposting before you post it.
>>
>>7265794
>if you're ovo vegetarian.

so if you aren't a vegetarian.

got it.
>>
>>7265764
Vegetarian: No animal had to die to be a part of this meal.

Vegan: This meal contains no animal products.

Pescatarian - Fish are supposedly good for me, and supposedly can't feel pain, either, so I'll consider them vegetables.
>>
>>7265764
Is milk vegetarian?
>>
>>7265821
>Vegetarian: No animal had to die to be a part of this meal.

so i guess cutting parts off still living cows enough so it doesn't die is vegetarian.

are stem cell patties vegetarian then.
>>
File: BvgQaN9.gif (714 KB, 445x250) Image search: [Google]
BvgQaN9.gif
714 KB, 445x250
>>7265838
>I can still eat a burger without killing a cow all the way
>>
>>7265838
>>7265821
What if you just wait for the animals die of natural causes?
>>
>>7265842
>Farms start just cutting off pieces of cows to sell bits at a time and market them as vegetarian burgers
>Veggy-friendly mutilated cow farms become popular throughout the world
>>
>>7265842
the cow is a pretty sturdy animal. of course you can.
>>
>>7265838
>are stem cell patties vegetarian then.

>be a vegetarian with a diet consisting entirely of stem cell, vat grown patties
>>
>>7265869
which part
>>
>>7265838
Depends on who you talk to. It gets like religion after a while, because beliefs become involved. Absolutists want to draw lines here or there, while relativists try to figure out what is reasonable, and adjust their actions accordingly.
>>
>>7265844
Then you'd have some fucking awful tasting, stringy old tough and potentially diseased meat that no one would want to eat.
>>
>>7265903
it just feels like a lot of moving goal posts
>>
>>7265918
That's life
>>
>>7265794

does that mean they're a lettuce eating faggot who believes they have a vagina?
>>
>>7265905

so basically the flavor of most vegan products
>>
>>7265932
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>7265939

your mother's sloppy honey pot, faggot
>>
>>7265944
It's very sloppy and pretty fucking rank and decomposing at this point so I'll agree with you there.
>>
>>7265938
Like carrots, tomatoes, almonds, bananas, cabbage, and sesame seeds?
>>
>>7265794
Eggs are not vegetarian

Ovo vegetarians are not vegetarians

You just learned something new, dumbass
>>
>>7265967
its ok, vegetarians can just pick and choose what defines vegetarian.
>>
>>7265764
>vegetarian friend trying to tell me eggs are unfertilized chicken and therefor not meat

>eggs are aperently not still made of animal tissue
>>
>>7265967
There are several varieties of vegetarians including ovo, lacto, ovo-lacto, pescatarian, vegan, raw vegan, fruitarian, etc.

You just learned something new, jackass.
>>
>>7265978
If you're consuming another animal you are not vegetarian

But go ahead and tell me otherwise oh wise one
>>
>>7265999
Again, vegetarian is not the same as vegan. Veganism is a sub-set of vegetarianism.
>>
>>7266034
i guess occasioanlly having steak counts as vegitarianism then.
>>
>>7265977
Yolk and amniotic fluid are animal fluids, not tissue. That's like saying drinking a gorilla's menstrual discharge is carnivorous.
>>
>>7266052
Well someone can choose not to be an absolutist about diet. I eat what qualifies as a vegan diet 20-some days out of the month. But if I want a steak I have it. I don't consider myself a vegetarian/vegan at all, but I'm happy the vegan options are out there because most of the time those will be my choices.
>>
>>7266052
The steak was a living cow, the egg was unfertilized and never alive. Same principle as why the sperm inside your onahole doesn't constitute life
>>
>>7266034
And eggs are not vegetarian
>>
>>7266121
*in some cases
>>
>have "vegetarian" friend
>he eats a fuckload of eggs

how do I tell him he's a fuckwit
>>
>>7266143
You don't. You tell him that you're an autistic pedant.
>>
>>7266121
Why not? Eggs aren't animals. Milk and cheese aren't animals either.

Yes, they are animal products, but they are not the flesh of an animal which is what makes them acceptable in a vegetarian diet.

If you're arguing that eggs and dairy products aren't vegan, I agree. But they are still acceptable in some vegetarian diets.
>>
>>7266085
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
If you're arguing that eggs aren't vegetarian, a vegan girl that swallows a load isn't vegan anymore either, she ate sperm.

But technically sperm aren't living, much like eggs.

You fucking idiot.
>>
>>7266230
Sperm is living you dumbass
>>
>>7266192
Eggs aren't milk and cheese
>>
>>7266238
Yes, and your point?
>>
>>7265764

Yes they are. There are no baby chickens in eggs. It is a chicken period.
>>
>not eating 2-3 chicken periods a day for Dat brotien.
>>
>>7266243
You compared the two
>>
>>7266143
>>7266121
ITT A lot of fuckers who don't know the difference between vegetarian and vegan.
>>
>>7265938

Some vegan 'meat alternatives' taste good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv0EoN0VjmQ
>>
>>7265999
>unfertilized eggs are animals
Nice meme
>>
>>7266885
I've never understood why vegans go out of their way to eat food that looks like real meat.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.