[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, guys. The inability to make a perfect pancake is killing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1452273609024.jpg (120 KB, 442x454) Image search: [Google]
1452273609024.jpg
120 KB, 442x454
Hey, guys. The inability to make a perfect pancake is killing me. Every time I go to iHop or a pancake house they always serve the pancakes golden brown with no white spots all over. How the fuck do I cook a golden pancake evenly without little or no white spots?
>>
The first pancake never turns out good.

You have to make a few, OP. You want the pan to be just hot enough where a drop of water sizzles around, and then add a thin layer of fat, and then wipe it off.
>>
>>7259758
Hahaha, they use bisquick, a bit of fat for lube and a griddle. Their pancakes a shit.

You should learn to make a proper buttermilk pancake, anon. You should search for some recipes. Make sure your pan is hot enough and you should flip the thing when little holes start appearing around the edge of the pancake.
>>
too much flour or not enough milk
>>
File: SKILLET.jpg (10 KB, 500x233) Image search: [Google]
SKILLET.jpg
10 KB, 500x233
you need a Teflon skillet that's the best. Krusteaz batter mix is the best in my opinion. medium low heat and wait until bubbles form into the middle and flip. Practice dude
>>
>>7259882
you can do a lot with that thing as well
>>
>>7259758
>not making sourdough pancakes from sourdough that is 325 years old
>>
>>7259898
you sound like a complete faggot
>>
>>7259758
The secret is to make your cakeloaf larger than your desired size and use a ring to trim the cakeloaf into a perfect cylinder. IHOP uses a large machine to chop all the pancakes at once, but you can use a home built hot wire cutter, just be sure to make even, uniform cuts.
Traditionaly it is pan fried, but a deep-fryer works better.
>>
>iHop

Triggered
>>
Sounds like you're getting clumps of flour in your mix.

Sift the flour (important) and mix the dry and wet ingredients separately first. Have the flour, sugar, baking powder etc all mixed together in a bowl, then get the milk, egg, oil etc mixed together in your measuring jug (or whatever), then slowly and gently mix the dry into the wet.

As someone already said, it takes practice. I won't claim to make perfect pancakes but I've definitely seen huge improvement over the years. Experiment with different measurements like a scientist. And don't beat the pancake mix too much or the pancake will be too thin and fall apart when you try to flip it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.