[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does this make you feel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 12
File: image.png (443 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
443 KB, 640x1136
Discuss.
>>
I refuse to frequent restaurants that print tips suggestions, or use electronic payments with automatic tip buttons.
>>
>>7257149
A Chinese delivery place down the road has a ducking four dollar delivery fee. I've stopped tipping them. You aren't fooling me chairman mao
>>
>>7257149
>paying an extra fifth because they did a good job
Tipping is bullshit. It happens in no other profession. Woo you brought the food to me and made sure I had a full drink cup/delivered my food in a timely fashion. You didn't MAKE the food.
>>
>>7257149
Indifferent. I'm not poor, and not prone to follow suggestions in an case. I tend to tip 20% rounded to the nearest dollar because I'm lazy with maths.

Also because I tend to frequent sports bars with hot flirty servers. I'm a sucker for tits. A titsucker if you will.
>>
File: 1.jpg (14 KB, 544x323) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
14 KB, 544x323
>>7257171
>tfw work a job where I make the food *and* bring it to the tables
>people rarely tip anyway
>>
>>7257180
Stop working at a shithole.
>>
>>7257188
>stop being poor
>get a job
>get a better job
The world is our candyland, isn't it?
>>
I don't tip unless service is excellent because I don't care about lining the pockets of some min wage suckers who made poor life choices lol.

However I do send 10% of my restaurant bills to the local animal shelter because those poor innocent animals need the money more.
>>
ITT: black people
>>
>>7257171
It keeps the price of food down because the business doesn't have to pay the employees as much
>>
>>7257192
It is if you make it so. You've got some cooking skills now. Update your resume and find a higher class of restaurant to work at.
>>
>>7257149
It makes me laugh at how awful America is.
>>
>>7257202
Is that all you waiters can say?
>>
>>7257215
stop using all our shit then
>>
>>7257149
make me feel like the american "culture" is a laughing stock of the world
>>
>>7257206
Explain all of fast food then.

Unless you tip the ghetto black girl that rings up your Big Mac?
>>
File: kent.png (212 KB, 356x373) Image search: [Google]
kent.png
212 KB, 356x373
>>7257149
I don't believe in tipping because I don't live in America.

But I certainly wouldn't be swayed by this guilt trip suggestions bullshit. If in America I guess I'd give however much I feel like giving, probably not much unless I found the prices to be very cheap.
>>
>>7257180
>make the food
Then you're not getting paid below minimum wage requiring tips to augment your wage making it livable.
>>7257206
Uh huh, as if the cost of the food per the cost of the meal doesn't have a ridiculous mark up already. Employers rely on a culture indoctrinated into tipping to cut corners on paying their employees a proper wage.
>>
>>7257228
If waiters made regular minimum wage then the food would be more expensive
>>
>>7257221
And I as a British person could easily say that to you and you would end up in the worst position, kid.
>>
>>7257232
i'm going to give no tip today just to piss you off you winy little faggot
>>
It isn't the job of the consumer to pay the distributor for their service, that's the role of the manufacturer. If you don't get make enough then clearly you aren't worth much. It isn't my job to pay you for your time, that role falls upon your employer. I'm paying for the product and only the product. I pay for the food and only the food. If you make a shit wage, talk to your boss, not to your customer.
>>
>>7257235
what the fuck did you just say to me?
>>
>18%
>standard

Why is it up from 15%?
>>
>>7257239
I'm >>7257171. I think that cost cutting like paying below a minimum wage is wrong, but I also don't think paying extra for something like carrying/delivering food is equally stupid.
>>
>>7257166

they most likely did this because of all the niggers and poor people that didn't tip. not sure if you are in one or both of those groups of people.

>>7257232

> customers pay the employees
> this is bad if some of that payment is in the form of a tip

not a fan of logic, huh?

>>7257230

you would find them cheap because ozclapistan is hilariously expensive because you pay 16 year olds 20 bucks an hour to make orders wrong
>>
>>7257262
meant
>also think paying extra
>>
>>7257228
It isnt meat faggot. Its all bulk buy cheap shit. Thats how its so cheap. Does anyone on /ck/ even /ck/? You guys are food network retards. YOU TIP THEM BECAUSE YOU ARENT AN ASS, AND THEY MAKE $3 AN HOUR YOU AUTISTS.
>>
>>7257265
you have convinced me to stop tipping thank you.
>>
>>7257265
>already paid for the service and meal per the marked up cost of the food

How much do you think a 4 dollar steak 3 dollar veggies marked up to 20+ for the privilege of outsourcing the labor not including the cost of a drink. Where's the logic in paying a gratuity for bringing me the food as a courtesy.
>>
>>7257268
>YOU ARENT AN ASS

Joke's on you.

I am an ass. Enjoy your no tip, Mr. Waiter.
>>
>>7257271

but you are poor/a nigger/both, which means you never tipped already.
>>
>>7257268
A voice of reason.

Sure. Campaign against tipping. take it to social media. But until wage laws are reformed, you tip. Bitches gotta eat.
>>
>>7257274
enjoy your shitty job :^)
>>
>>7257272

i understand, you do not want to pay the salary of the workers unless it is all done through no tip. yes, you are a fucking illogical and retarded.
>>
>>7257149
I tip 20% because I'm not:

1. Poor
2. Black
>>
>>7257275
dont tell me what to do. I'm allowed to not tip if I dont want to. if tipping was mandatory then I should be fined or arrested when I walk out without doing it.

is it mandatory to thank a taxi driver or should you just do it if the ride was nice
>>
>>7257255
This isn't something one specific waiter is doing, it's an entire system in place.
>>
Too many of you rub my food on your genitals, or spit in it, or mix in your jizz if you get mad like the asperger syndrome children that you are.

Therefore I don't eat out in the first place.
>>
>>7257273
>>7257273
Dude, i dont think you understand, if you go back to that restaurant and the server sees you that you failed to tip, your glasses will remain empty and i can garuntee you a 30 minute ticket time and cold food just because you tipped.

God forbid the server has it in good with BOH cause if so your food will come out fucked. Ive done it plenty of times for good friends in FOH.

>tldr, you should probably start tipping
>>
>>7257284
You're allowed to be a rude fuck. You're allowed to say things that alienate you from your common man.

The ability to do something is not a reason to do it.

Empathy demands certain actions. I would shun you, as should any respectable human being.
>>
>>7257275
OP here. This is in California, which means they're paid at least minimum wage, none of that $3 bs
>>
>>7257290
Didnt tip*

Fuck
>>
>>7257290
>>7257289
lol
>>
>>7257290
I can make your life shit for that hour more than you can make mine shit. lmao how old are you that you actually are a fucking waiter
>>
>>7257284
I typically tip my cab drivers.

It's a shit job, and if they are friendly, and keep the cab clean, they deserve something for it.
>>
>>7257280
You don't think that the salary of the workers should be paid via the meal itself? In any other line of work the cost of employing staff for all facets is computed as a part of service provided. You don't tip the gas station attendant for remembering which pack of smokes you like. You don't tip the stocking worker at the dept store for making sure your favorite product is on the shelf and presentable. you don't tip the bus driver for getting you to work on time.

Why am I paying extra for a glorified delivery vector?
>>
>>7257275
>until wage laws are reformed, you tip

No.

We don't.
>>
>>7257290
This much lack of professionalism would get you fired, then you'd no longer have a job, nor a spongey soapbox to stand on anymore...
>>
>>7257290
Yeah, nah. So you're saying you have to tip or you deserve to get shitty service? That's their fucking job in the first place. You don't tip your UPS driver do you? No, because their job is to bring the items to you.
>>
>>7257293
>The ability to do something is not a reason to do it.
then thats why I dont tip you fags. you didnt do anything to deserve and I'm not going to do it just cuz

>>7257301
see they actually did something worthwhile and you can throw them an extra dollar or two. when the server is a shitty fag like they usually are they dont get shit.
>>
>>7257301
I was a cab driver in Los Angeles briefly. I had a lot of fun just driving around all day.

Never expected a tip, so it was nice when I was tipped.
>>
>ITT
>Steve buscemi edgetards who have never worked in a real kitchen in their lives and dont know how i really works
>Still in culinary arts1 in high school.
>>
>>7257307
>You don't tip your UPS driver

Ehhhh... they make a fuckton of money given their job.
>>
>>7257302

it is always paid by the customers, assuming the business if not failing.

you are paying "extra" by paying less for your food. you want the same priced food and no tips (because you are poor). the second tips are abolished and the prices increase is the second you suddenly stop going for that food (because you are poor).
>>
>>7257313
waiters in these threads always say "tip or I'll stick my dick and spit in your food next time you come"

thats all the reason I have to not give these stupid faggots a tip
>>
>>7257308
Where the fuck are you eating that your servers are consistently bad enough not to deserve a tip?

Most servers I know bend over forwards to please the customer because of the tips. If they are put off for not getting a tip, it's usually because the table was busting their balls all meal.
>>
>>7257290
>If you don't tip we will put piss, cum, toilet water, shit, boogers, dirt vomit and poison in your food.
>murka
>>
the real reason ameriturd waiters are against removing tipping is that most of them would actually make less money even if they had slightly above above minimum wage paid for their job
it's all just pure greed, they want their minimum wage AND the tips.. for fucking waiting tables lmao
>>
Outstanding service: 15-20%
Good service: 8-12%
Poor service: tiny change that I don't want in my wallet
>>
>>7257307
>>7257305
>>7257298
I could make you walk out and free up a table.

Also i said i was a line cook like six fucking times. And most of the time managers are too busy to do shit anyways, its just a slap on te wist and back to work to finish up the rush.

You guys have never worked in a kitchen have you?
>>
>>7257315
I'm not paying less for the food you tit. Cost of materials is not equal the cost of the meal. As has been addressed. I pay less for food by cooking it myself at home.
>>
>>7257323
not to mention they cry about only making $3 an hour but all that takes is two tables to tip $2.50 each in that hour. its fucking nothing
>>
>>7257321
They really are a third world shithole.
>>
>>7257309
Did you never get a night shift? Cabs in NYC are usually covered in vomit at least twice a night.
>>
>>7257329
>I could make you walk out and free up a table.
no you couldnt. also then you still dont get a tip. threatening me doesnt help you, youre not getting a tip
>>
>>7257329
>I could make you walk out and free up a table.
I could call up your general manager after I learn what your name is from your shitty nametag.
>>
>>7257329
I hope one day soon some annoyed customer shows you a magic trick with a fork.
>>
>>7257331

you are literally paying less because removing tips would literally increase server labor costs 4-5 fold at a minimum.

> i pay less when i eat ramen at home and watch weeb shit

cool, leave the thread about not eating at home then
>>
>>7257323
I'm not a waiter. The reason I'm for a tipping structure is that I've been to England and Australia frequently, and the service is almost always fucking awful. Incentivizing service leads to better service. If there was a measurable way to prove a server was providing good service, and the employer was willing to offer a bonus structure like in most professions, It would be fine. As is, the burden lies on the diner, because only the diner can really quantify their experience.
>>
>>7257149
This makes me never want to tip again. These entitled pieces of shit need to get a different entry level job, one that will let them really make only $7 an hour and not $10+ but $8+ of it isn't ever mentioned because then they'd lose their sympathy pity party crybaby tantrums.
>>
>>7257344
They should get with the times and get rid of servers except for only the most snooty of restaurants. Don't want to serve yourself? Don't go out to eat. Who cares if they up the price of the food 15%? If you're going to "guilt trip me" into paying minimum 15% anyway, I lose either way. I'd prefer to agree to pay for it up front
>>
So. related question. Do you anti-tipping fucks not tip your bartender?
>>
>>7257344
>He made a valid point there is an obvious service charge due to the inflated cost of the meal
>I'll call him a weeb and claim he predominately eats ramen
>>
Here in a country that actually pays its service staff:

Poor service: no tip

Adequate service: small tip, probably just rounding up to a convenient amount eg making a 71,60 bill into 75

Good service: nice tip
>>
>>7257206
There were multiple studies implying that paying servers a normal wage would only contribute around 3~4% to the cost of food.
>>
>>7257336
>>7257338
Ive worked in like four places, and not once has anyone been called into the office for shit like that. Front of house people are sneaky. They have their ways of getting you off the table. Like for instance, calling on a manager and having them give you some fake ass policy like "you arent eating anymore so pls leave guy" or some shit. If its a money making server, theyll kiss their fucking feet and make it happen. If youre not tipping, then you arent in control. Plus all the manager has to hear is that "he didnt tip on a $X tab and made me run around like crazy" and the manager usually understands because they were there once too. The customer is always right unless he's an asshole.

>greentexting so someone will fucking read, IM AM A COOK NOT A SERVER.
>>
>>7257351
>tipping when I'm paying 5x the cost of a shot.

Lmao
>>
>>7257350

> i want the food no served to me

go to mcdonalds or order to go food

>>7257353

and yet i am both right and get to make fun of him.

>>7257355

> if you do not consider reality

no thanks
>>
File: Cute-Crying-Baby.jpg (392 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Cute-Crying-Baby.jpg
392 KB, 1680x1050
>>7257356
>>
File: moxxi.jpg (123 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
moxxi.jpg
123 KB, 500x281
>tipping
>>
>>7257265
Actually niggers and poor people tip more I find. Middle class white people are a bunch of faggots about tipping.
>>
>>7257359
Sure you are. Then why >>7257355? I like the idea that if someone is poor they wouldn't use food banks/foodstamps to augment their food supply instead of living off ramen. But hey your the unqualified authority on cost/benefit analysis in the service industry and me so please go on.
>>
I tip between 10 and 15% but then in the UK our minimum wage is not that shit
>>
>>7257369

nobody believes this sjw bait
>>
>>7257356
Your "manager" sounds like shit. This is exactly the type of establishment that would have their general manager rising their ass constantly about negative Facebook reviews and shit.
>>
>>7257376
Coming from experience mang.
>>
>>7257397

i have years of excel sheets that say othwerwise
>>
File: an ancient aniki awakens.png (225 KB, 473x357) Image search: [Google]
an ancient aniki awakens.png
225 KB, 473x357
>Suggesting a tip at all for poor service
>>
>>7257420
This. How about instead of an extra 15%, I ask to speak to the manager and complain? That sounds like a more balanced idea.
>>
File: 1450463471846.png (221 KB, 349x320) Image search: [Google]
1450463471846.png
221 KB, 349x320
>>7257420
>implying bad service is always FoH's fault.

Why do you think FoH gets so pissed off when a kitchen gets backed up? They can see their income drying up. As a cook, I'm going to get paid the same either way. It's just cutting into cleaning time that will keep me working later.
>>
>>7257443
Bad service is not the same thing as food not arriving, or orders arriving incorrectly from the kitchen.

If the kitchen was backed up, good service FoH would be to go to the customers who are waiting and apologize to let them know there is a delay. Bad service would be not doing that and leaving customers to wait with no idea of what's happened to their order.
>>
>>7257452
Then for the servers' sake, I wish everyone thought like you.
>>
>>7257149
For poor service I tip 5 dollars, for shit service they get a fucking penny.
>>
>>7257280
>you do not want to pay the salary of the workers
Why would we?
>>
>>7257502
>we don't already.
>>
>>7257149
This is what happens when you've been taught that Union is a bad word.
>>
File: kot.png (26 KB, 274x312) Image search: [Google]
kot.png
26 KB, 274x312
>>7257290
>choosing not to perform the tasks you're paid to perform
>expecting additional compensation
>>7257329
>kicking paying customers out of an establishment you don't own and have no authority within

Yeah, nah. One call to the location's manager or to the corporate office and you're out of a job.

>tipping is your choice but we make it a requirement if you want service
All I have to do is get up and leave. I was in your section, I was your responsibility. Suddenly you're responsible for a lost customer, and higher-ups don't much care for that.

When did SERVERS get this idea that it's not their job to SERVE customers? You people aren't even fit for jobs reserved for 16 year old kids.
>>
When i was a server i made about $60 an hour from tips. If you are actually so entitled as to believe that everyone who doesn't tip is an asshole you're probably not ready for any real world jobs. This is especially obnoxious considering the fact that legally if you don't make minimum wage from your tips then your employer has to pay the difference. My gm was a total bro though, I'd tell him about a whiny server and he'd make them straighten up or fire them.
>>
>>7257149

>bad job
>0%
>good job
>5-10%

It's as easy as 1-2-3
>>
>poor service gets 15%

LOL what the actual fuck. In my world, poor service gets 0% and possibly a complaint to management and no intention of returning. God damn.
>>
>>7257206
>It keeps the price of food down
when not factoring in the tip
>>
I only tip in actual restaurants. I don't give extra money to glorified food runners

what do I mean by actual restaurant? the waiter knows the food as well as the chef does as a job requirement, can tell you the menu front and back from memory, they actually have valid recommendations and can discuss the food with you, doesn't need a note pad to take orders, and for fucks sake doesn't try to make small talk with you

I am not in a restaurant to make a new friend, I am there to dine on the cuisine!
>>
>>7257166
see >>7257265

1. dun be nigger
2. dun be in nigger hood

And I don't mean basketball americans but rather literal trash.
>>
>>7257290
>when you return
>implying i would ever return to a shithole with poor service
>>
>>7257290
Why can't you fuck heads just do your god damn job. If the pay is so poor find a better job. But if you have a job do it correctly
>>
>>7257686
You are a genuinely horrible person, combining begging and threats in one low education job.

I thank fuck I don't live in clapland.
>>
The fuck. Poor service and I don't even pay the bill nor eat up the food.
>>
>>7257304
>being so poor you dont tip
Kek, enjoy the mickey ds
>>
>>7258970
nah, i'll just continue going to restaurants like i usually do :) stay mad
>>
>>7257860
This. If the service is "poor" you complain to the manager and get your meal for free.
>>
>>7257290
>get a shitty plate
>tell them to make it again
You're literally making more work for yourself by being a spiteful little bitch.
>>
>>7257356
So them those 3 or 4 paves closed down, right? Because any manager that acts like that is a compete tard and shouldn't be trusted running a business.
>>
File: 1394496689388.gif (2 MB, 230x175) Image search: [Google]
1394496689388.gif
2 MB, 230x175
ITT: cheap fucks who were raised poorly and have never worked in a restaurant before. Let's face it- you don't tip because you can get away with it. You're a cheap fuck and you feel no remorse making someone work as your slave as long as you can save a few dollars.

When you step into a restaurant in America, there is an unspoken agreement that you tip for service rendered. If you choose to violate that agreement then you're a piece of shit. You are letting someone work for you for free, and you are taking advantage of another human just because you can. If you've ever been a server, you know it is hard work.

So in summary, if you don't want to tip, stay the fuck home. Serve yourself dinner, asshole.
>>
>>7259058
>entitled_waiter_bitches_about_making_untaxed_wage.bat
>>
>>7257290
I do this for people who don't tip. I will ignore regulars who tip like shit. I will give you the quality of service you pay for. If you tip well, I'll basically suck your dick. If not, you will get the bare minimum.
>>
>>7259064
edgyneetfaggot.jpg
>>
What I don't get is if we're subsidizing their wages why the hell do we have to tip so much? If me and 2 friends go out and each spend $40 (one $20 meal and three $7 drinks) we should tip a minimum of $6 each (15%). That's $18. Chances are we're there for only an hour. Maybe 2. That's still $9-$18 if we were the only patrons in the restaurant. If the waiter is managing even 3 tables like ours that goes up to $27-$54 an hour. What the fuck?
>>
>>7259058
>>7259066

It amazes me how such little power can go to people's heads so easily.
>>
>>7259058

> taking advantage
> consensual agreement that tips are 100% optional

are you retarded?
>>
>>7259078
>> taking advantage
>> consensual agreement

Yes, tips are technically 100% optional... are you some kind of basement dwelling weirdo who doesn't understand social norms?
>>
>>7259074
Yes it may be a high hourly wage, but generally the night doesn't stay steady like that all night. For example, in my 12 hour shift I may make $50 during one busy lunch hour and then $5 the next, then have no tables during the slow late afternoon, then get one more $20 hour before I end up at an average of something like $15 per hour.
>>
>>7259088

That doesn't mean you are taking advantage of someone for not doing it you retard.
>>
Just checked. I still feel pretty warm and fleshy. So normal, I guess.
>>
>>7259102
Yes it does. It is implied that you will tip. So if you just had a great meal and you leave without tipping, you're breaking your end of the agreement and thus being a little fucker. It's like saying "nah nah nah, i dont HAVE to!" like a little bitch boy.
>>
>>7259191

lol alright mate

I do tip, but your defence is fucking terrible
>>
Fuck wait staff, they keep trying to inflate what the average tip should be(10% was average, 15% was good back in the 90s).

And yes, the fact they get less than minimum wage is shitty, but its a system they benefit most from and advocate for regularly. They know they are getting paid well above their level of training simply by imploring us to feel bad about the model they get paid by potentially being worse than working for minimum wage.

You can't bitch about poor wages and refuse to actually champion reform instead of higher and higher subsidies from the patrons.
>>
>>7259211
/thread
>>
>>7259211
>through tips they actually make well above minimum wage
>get to keep bitching about how they "make less than minimum wage"
>the people actually doing a job in the establishment are making less per hour because they're not allowed to accept tips

It makes me so mad. They can't graciously say "yes I'm tipped well" they have to always always always complain that they "make less than minimum wage" when if they really did, they'd quit and find a new job. They've got it made in the shade here, an entry level job they give 16 year old girls because it's so fucking easy.
>>
>>7259211
I tip 50%. Why? Because I can afford to do so.

$20 tab at Old Chicago in Southgate, MI. Give her $30.

>mfw I have a movie date that weekend
>>
>>7259058

Food worker here.

Fuck off. I serve a lot of people and I rarely get tipped. I also don't tip. Fuck you uppity waiters that expect extra money for just doing your job. Tipping is 100% optional and if I don't want to pay it, I'm not fucking paying it. If money is so tight, go find a different job you lazy and entitled piece of shit.
>>
Excellent service: $6
Adequate service: $3
bad service: I talk to your manager

Fuck off if you expect me to give you upwards of $10 as a bonus for every 15 minutes you spend serving someone and fuck you if you expect to get tipped based on a percentage of a bill, your job doesn't get harder based on how expensive my food is
>>
>>7259252
Woah, we got a high roller here kiddos!
>>
>>7257149
If you tip, you are literally a cuck. You are supporting that single mother's children if you tip instead of their father. You wouldn't want to be a cuck now would you? Stop tipping these sluts and whores.
>>
File: the wangdizzling shlongduck.png (51 KB, 457x496) Image search: [Google]
the wangdizzling shlongduck.png
51 KB, 457x496
>>7259255

>your job doesn't get harder based on how expensive my food is

...I never thought about that. Good point.
>>
why oh why would you ever pay a % of your bill as a tip?

What do food costs and whatever the owners decide to fuck you with up charges have to do with your service?
>>
>>7259292
America: $5 burger and fries. Cool. Here's a tip of $3.

Bongland: $15 GBP for burger and fries. LOL We don't tip!

I prefer the tipping system. Food's cheaper.
>>
>>7257149
>tfw always order the cheapest shit on the menu
>tfw tip 1.50

and yet they still have the gall to complain
>>
>>7257149
it irks me, poor service is no tip, bad service is I leave a fucking penny on the table
>>
>>7259058
>You're a cheap fuck and you feel no remorse making someone work as your slave

boo hoo carrying food around is hard
>>
>>7259058
>making someone work as your slave
That's where your argument falls apart. You want a tip? Should have stayed in school. I didn't make you take this job. You have an issue with your wage? Bring it up with your boss.
>>
>>7259350
>>7259375
you guise do realize that's copypasta right?
it or something very like it is posted in every tip thread
>>
I would put down 10 dollars and never return

What restaurant is this from, let us know so we can not go there
>>
>>7257149
>T-Mobile

It's like you WANT to waste money on terrible service
>>
>>7257235
>kid

Now that's edgy as fuck
>>
>>7259444
nice trips, now hush child
>>
What happens when you tip low? For example if I'm about to leave a trashy diner and I give the waitress a $1 coin?
Are there any laws which allow them to detain me? I might be going there for a few weeks in a year or so.
>>
>>7259488

yeah tipping below 20% usually runs a $5000 fine or 200 hours community service
>>
>pick up my order
>never tip
>>
>>7259097
That's still more than most of the kitchen staff who are working as hard, if not harder than you for that whole time. Also, the entirety of their wage is being taxed, which, unlike the 15$ an hour you mentioned, which obviously doesn't include the hourly wage you get.
>>
>>7257149
I eat with people who are bad at math,
This is a good thing
>>
>>7257235
I can't use the cuckshed? Damn
>>
>>7259275
But they have to write down a few more things, and carry one or two more plates! You should definitely raise their hourly salary by 100%+

Having worked as both a dishwasher and a prepcook, I'm one of the worst tippers you'll ever meet unless I'm flirting with the waitress or on a date/don't want to look bad. And even then, if the waiter looks like he comes from a rich family, or is under 18 I'll likely try to hide how much I tip so I can do 5% max.
>>
>>7259552
its about the listed amounts and how the standard 15% is listed as poor service
>>
>>7257149
>poor service
>15%

WAKE ME UP INSIDE (CAN'T WAKE UP)
>>
>>7257149
Sad. The Amerifat tipping culture is what lets bosses get away with paying their staff 2.50 an hour and there's really nothing that tipper and tippee can do about it. It's fucked up.
>>
>>7257149
excellent service-25%
adequet service - 10-15%

poor service- nothing and depending on how shit it was ive sometimes asked for ketchup bottles and used it on the seats and the table but that was only the one time where she spilled hot coffee on my lap then lectured me on swearing in front of children when i yelped from having HOT COFFEE ON MY DICK
>>
>>7259340
>Bongland: $15 GBP for burger and fries. LOL We don't tip!
What's worse is that you actually get less food and somehow they'll make fun of American portions
>>
>>7257318
They're so broke they rely on the charity of others,yet are willing to lose their jobs over 3$

Well,it makes sense why you're a waiter I guess
>>
>>7259191
the great meal that wasn't even fucking made by you. fuck off
>>
>>7259255
good point
>>
>>7259411
Coyote Grill in Laguna Beach

http://www.yelp.com/biz/coyote-grill-laguna-beach
>>
>>7257166
I went to a really authentic Chinese place the other day, and if you're white, they just add 20 percent to your bill. Could be worse.
>>
>>7257282
ugh, giving money to people who didn't earn it
do you give your wife to the neighbors too?
>>
>>7259340
$5? Closer to $8-10 if you go to a decent place, plus a $1-2 drink. In my experience, for a $5 burger you won't even get a waiter, barring mom-and-pop diners.

A rational tip system would be based on the number of plates you order, perhaps a flat dollar per entree/appetizer. A $20 steak is just as easy to carry over as a $6 appetizer. If it's something dangerously hot, like a baked Alaska or sizzling fajitas, toss in another dollar. People shouldn't be nickel and dimed for a nice night out.
>>
Since moving to the land of cuckolds i've just been tipping 10% irrespective of service because it's easy to figure out and I'm going to be doing sonethung fucking wrong anyway.
>>
>>7259340
This is what cucks actually believe
>>
>>7257323
This. A lot of times the wait staff winds up making WAAY more than BOH because of tips. On a busy night where I work, a decent waiter will often make three or four times what I make as a senior line cook- plus they don't pay tax on most of it. Don't get me wrong I love my job and can't imagine doing anything else, but sometimes it bugs me how this part works. Especially when some server has the nerve to complain that some table 'only tipped ten percent' or something when if you actually figure it out they're making like forty or fifty goddamn bucks an hour and I'm making fifteen.
>>
If the service is good/great: 10%
If the service is anything else, they don't get a damn thing.

I don't give a shit how little you make, if you cannot do your basic ass job and be somewhat quick about it, then you are not getting a tip. End of discussion. I understand that the kitchen can slow things down, but if you leave for 40 minutes and never come to mention that the kitchen is taking awhile i will assume it is your fault and that will be reflected in the tip you wont receive. Its fucking simple.

My friends sister raises this big fucking fuss over everytime me and him leave a restaraunt without leaving a tip, or only leave a dollar or two. This bitch has a kid, has no fucking money other than childsupport and welfare, and gives out 10 dollar tips on 15 dollars worth of food no matter how shit the server is. It's fucking stupid. And she always give the same fucking excuse "Oh well i worked as a server once and i know how hard that shit is" (bare in mind this bitch has been though at least 25 jobs and hasn't kept any of them for more than 3 months).

Being a server is not that fucking hard. I've done it. You bring drinks, you bring food, you help clean up. God forbid you have to talk to the customer here and there. In fact, the job is so fucking easy, you usually can wait multiple tables at a time! So if one table doesn't tip well, chances are that the other 3+ tables might. If you work your ass off, and are particularly friendly and have good people skills, you will probably end up with a tip! If you just do your job, there is a decent chance you will still get a tip! If you suck dick in the pantry while your 5 tables have no drinks or food, you will not be getting a tip.
>>
May I suggest my solution to tipping issue: stay at home. It's so cheap and easy! Nobody is angry or upset. Invite a friend. Eat mediocre food. Spend money on nice teas and knives and a pasta machine.
>>
If the food is good, tip the cook.

Fuck the waiter, bunch of bitching faggots.
>>
>>7257149
How my daddy taught me to tip
Great service - $5 and flirt with her nicely
Okay service - $2 and flirt with her rudely
Shittastic service - $0 and insult her intelligence to her face
Male server - $0 regardless

My dad is a dick.
>>
>>7257255
You have zero idea how a business runs. Ever heard of overhead? You don't pay for the food you pay for the food, lights, water, property tax/rent, employee wages. If you think you are paying for just the food you are retarded.
>>
>>7260334
Exactly. Tipping is paying the waiter/waitresses wages instead of the owners doing that. Tipping shouldn't even be a thing.
>>
>>7257149
In Germany, it's like this
tip is >10% excellent service
tip is 5-10% everything was very good, fine service
tip is <5% it more or less sucked
tip is 1% it sucked and you can hate me now
no tip I'm a poor student but it was good
>>
When I went to the US last year I struggled with tipping. After we picked up the rental car we went to a McDonalds drive thru for a quick bite. I handed the cashier the ~$20 for the food and another $20 as a tip.
He gave me a strange look and handed it back.
Confused the fuck out of me.
>>
>>7257671
>doesn't need a note pad to take orders
fuck you there's literally nothing wrong with that
>>
>>7261820
>can't make a pro tip argument that holds water
>argue semantics and call him a retard
ok kid
>>
>>7259058
>waiter crying about tips

love not tipping entitled losers like you.
>>
>>7259252
why not just give money to the homeless or something
>>
>>7257327
>keeping lose change in your wallet

what the fuck is wrong with you. Use a goddamn coin purse or your coin pockets.
>>
File: 1450640403829.jpg (27 KB, 510x498) Image search: [Google]
1450640403829.jpg
27 KB, 510x498
I usually tip one penny and a note that says "get a better job if you want more money"
>>
>>7257233
>American corporations are allowed to say when they don't want to follow the law on the basis that it could impact their sales
>>
>>7257174

Congratulations, you passed the "I'm a complete idiot dudebro" test!
>>
>>7261947
Pretty much. Corporations have lobbyists that pay off government officials to either create/modify laws in their favor or look the other way when they want to do something questionable.
>>
>>7259058
Why wouldn't I let someone work for me for free? It's their choice to take a shitty job with a retarded wage system
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.