[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For my birthday I was gag-gifted a can of SPAM What are your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: spam_classic.png (305 KB, 458x381) Image search: [Google]
spam_classic.png
305 KB, 458x381
For my birthday I was gag-gifted a can of SPAM

What are your best SPAM recipes?
>>
>>7255158
I like to throw it away. Seriously eating canned meat is disgusting.

>kill animal
>put meat in can
>un refrigerated
>sell
>>
>>7255170
Thanks for the reply but I want to try it, I never have and I will try most anything once.
>>
ask a korean they eat that shit like crazy
>>
Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce, garnished with truffle pâté, brandy and a fried egg on top, and Spam.
>>
>Egg and Spam
>Egg, bacon and Spam
>Egg, bacon, sausage and Spam
>Spam, bacon, sausage and Spam
>Spam, egg, Spam, Spam, bacon and Spam
>Spam, Spam, Spam, egg and Spam
>Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, baked beans, Spam, Spam, Spam and Spam
>Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce, garnished with truffle pâté, brandy and a fried egg on top, and Spam.
>>
>>7255158
>gag-gifted a can of SPAM
dem feels when you buy this stuff with your hard-earned money because it reminds you of being a kid and some anon is gifted it as a joke
>>
Put it in fried rice or just grill it and eat it.
>>
>>7255158
Fry it until crisp and eat it with a bowl of rice with lots of toasted sesame and some shredded nori.
>>
>>7255310
these memes are off the charts
>>
>>7255158
Take a peeler to it to get razor-thin slices of Spam and pan-fry them to get crispy Spam chips. You can eat them by themselves or anything that calls for bacon.

Or you can dice it and use it as the protein in a simple fried rice, which is what I generally do when I find myself with a can of Spam.
>>
SPAM musubi

It's literally the only great thing that Hawaiians have invented but its fucking amazing

>and will make you fat quick
>>
I just slice it and fry it in a pan with a little butter.
Despite the negative meme reputation, Spam isn't bad. It's overly salty but it's decent-quality meat, especially considering how cheap it is.
>>
>>7255374
I can't for the life of me understand how this would be good

Might try it some time though, it does seem to be popular there.
>>
>>7255397

SPAM is salty and savory to an extreme, and crisply fried in slices

the rice is bland and satisfying to counter the strong SPAM taste and textures

the nori is bitter and sweet and slightly chewy to add that final dimension to an engaging balance of flavors and textures that is simple to make but complex enough to savor.

The McGangbang works on the same principle.
>>
>>7255408
McGangbang is just an orgy of salt and fat though, primally satisfying.
Spam musubi seems like the spam would just overpower everything else.

Still, I'll give it a shot when I get the chance
>>
Spam takes on a completely different flavor when cooked outdoors, so fire up that camp stove or throw your cast iron on the fire and cook that shit up.
>>
>>7255424
>just an orgy of salt and fat though
>spam musubi

exact same idea. the rice plays the role that the bun plays.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.