[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have a recipe for Beef Bourguignon that doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
Does anyone have a recipe for Beef Bourguignon that doesn't require leaving anything overnight? I need something I can whip up in 3-4 hours

In metric pls, not memeperial
>>
make a beef stew with lardons, red wine, roasted cipollini and mushrooms. that's what it is. you don't need to do all the marinating and steeping bullshit
>>
Just use Julia Child's recipe.
>>
>>7252581
You'd also need to use a primary cut of meat, like a steak. The classic shoulder cut will still be tough after 3 hours.
>>
>>7252597

4 hours is easily enough to braise down a shoulder
>>
>>7252606
too bad it isn't enough to braise down my dick
>>
I whip up mine in a hair over 2h but the re ipe is in imperial, so since you can't google equivalence I guess you're SOL.
>>
>>7252581

Not happening in 4 hour or less without a pressure cooker.
>>
>>7252606

For just that one task, not all the prep work and cooking that you need to do before it even goes in the oven.
>>
>>7253224

How so? 3 hours is easily enough to braise normally sized cubes of beef until they are tender. It's also long enough to cook out the alcohol taste form the wine, so what's the problem?
>>
>>7252610
My dick is already brown, how do I braise it?
>>
>>7253236
In a coal burner presumably.
>>
>>7252581
>In metric pls, not memeperial
you realize you can literally just type things into google and it will convert them for you
>>
>>7253356
He shouldn't have to, Ameridumbs should use a real measurement system
>>
>>7253356
I find it astounding that people aren't able to do the conversions for common units in their head. There's only three things to memorize and that's really about it:
1 Liter = 1 quart
1 Kg = 2 lbs

Those are approximations but are plenty good enough for most recipes. The only time you'd need more precision would be for baking.
>>
File: 1436047729038.jpg (42 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1436047729038.jpg
42 KB, 640x640
>>7253377
Checked
>>
>>7253410
I'll just nip this in the bud and point out that NASA use metric.
>>
>>7253377

Agreed 100%. But that doesn't change the fact that there are a mountain of recipes out there written in Imperial units already. Given that the conversions are so easy there's no reason to avoid them except perhaps somekind of aspie refusal to do so on principle, and that's just plain counterproductive. Stupid too. Willful ignorance is never a good thing.
>>
>>7253356
Sure you can everything, but it gets stupid once Anglo recipes start using volume measures for solids like "2 cups of chopped onions".
>>
>>7252581

Marco Pierre White Boeuf Bourguignon on YT
>>
>>7253465
>Anglo recipes start using volume measures for solids

Don't lump the rest of the English-speaking world in with the clappyfats. Nobody else, imperial or metric, uses "cups" as a measurement for cheese.
>>
>>7253417
no, they don't
>>
>>7252581
pressure cooker!?
then marinate for 2h, dry meat, brown meat, take out meat, brown veggies, add meat, add marinade, pressure cook for 1h.let cool.
while cooling make sides. serve. be amazed
>>
>>7253224
my words exactly.
>>
>>7252587
>lardons
is that like when a fat dude gets horny
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.