[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you found a good way for getting two oven cooked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: potablos.jpg (186 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
potablos.jpg
186 KB, 1600x1200
Have any of you found a good way for getting two oven cooked foods ready at the same time?

I like fish and chips, but they're usually baked at wildly different temperatures, and most of the time I just eat fish -then- chips.

Which is, you know.. still great, but not ideal.
>>
>>7252031
own two ovens. or maybe, you know, stop being a fat fuck with zero self control, and wait till all dinner items are done cooking before shoveling it down your fat gullet.
>>
>>7252033
I like warm food right out of the oven. Fish fillets don't stay hot for twenty minutes.

I've tried to microwave them but that's always gross.
>>
Use convection bake.

Or get an oven with convection.
>>
Um. Don't put them in the oven at the same time?

>chips take 40 minutes at 200C
>fish takes 15 minutes at 200C

>put chips in the oven
>wait until 25 minutes has passed
>put the fish in there too
>wait 15 more minutes
>both things cooked at once

Is this not really easy to figure out?
>>
>>7252031
how much of a difference in temperature are we talking here?
>>
>>7252059
If they were cooked at the same temperature, this wouldn't be a problem. Chips are usually about 450C/230C in my experience.

I'm beginning to wonder if that really matters though.
>>
>>7252038
let them all cook, group them up, and re-heat them in the oven just a little bit
>>
Fry the fish and bake the chips you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>7252073
If you put in two racks you get 3 different temperature zones.

Top is hottest.
Middle is slightly less hot.
Bottom is even less hot.

Depends also if you use convection or Top-/Bottom-Heat.

Opening the door also cools it down quite a bit.
>>
>>7252094
But every oven's unique size, elements, even COLOR and refraction alters the actual temperature difference between those zones, not to mention what's on each rack.

It's notoriously unreliable to bake multiple things at the same time
>>
>>7252073
>>7252031

if you go above suggested temperature then cook it for a little less time and if you go below that then cook it a bit longer.

with frozen and prepared food its hard to fuck up.
>>
Why can't you just fry the chips or the fish and bake the other? Hell just fry them both. Isn't that what is normally done anyways?
>>
>>7252075
Probably the only thing to do I guess, hope it doesn't dry it out. Thanks.

>>7252174
This already isn't the most healthy meal in the world. Even if I wanted to dip my battered grease fillets in more grease, I don't own a deep fryer.

Also I can't stand frying in general, it spatters oil and then I have to clean everything.
>>
>>7252099
I have a large stone on the bottom of my oven. The entire interior of the oven is quite nearly the same temperature, always.
>>
>>7252174
cause deep frying is more messy and more time consuming and most people dont own deep fryers?
>>
>>7252184
>>7252348
You don't need deep fryers to deep fry.

>more time consuming
Frying tremendously less time, without a doubt.
>>
>>7252414
>gotta wait for the oil to heat
>have to constantly babysit and flip the food
>gotta dump the oil
>gotta wash the pan
VS
>heat up oven
>place foil on pan
>sprinkle with oil
>set timer and bake
>throw out foil
>>
>>7252460
what a fucking lazy ass. no wonder you fucks couldn't maintain an empire or manage to speak your own language properly
>>
>>7252470
Lazy, or efficient?
>>
>>7252479
>having to come to a chinese cartoon shit posting board to get advice on how to cook two foods at the same time so you don't have to expend a little effort and do it right
real "efficient". shoo, shoo, slimy limey
>>
>>7252470
have to make a fresh food effort to heat up frozen tier food. fuck that!
>>
>>7252479
Lazy.
>>
it depends on so many things. what are you doing with the meat or fish, are you trying to crisp or brown it, are you specifically trying to avoid that, how evenly does your oven heat, what's the resting time on the meat or fish, etc.

if you're cooking stuff from frozen, probably best to at least roughly follow the instructions. but remember that home ovens can vary wildly in terms of temperature so i think it's wise for you to just learn to experiment?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.