[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you roast garlic? I've got this awesome bulb from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
How do you roast garlic? I've got this awesome bulb from the farmers market and I want to use it up.

Can I just put the whole bulb in the oven at 400 or so for 10 minutes or so?
>>
cut the top off (about 1/3 height) and sprinkle some olive oil over it
>>
Cut the top off the bulb, rub a bit of oil onto it, then wrap in foil and roast at 200C for about 45 minutes. I usually make this when I'm roasting something else because it seems like a waste of gas. Once it's done you should be able to squeeze the soft cloves out of their skins and spread it like butter.
>>
>>7248983
>>7248985
can we stop with this meme
>>
>>7248991
>oh look, the call it a meme meme

Nope, you first.
>>
>>7248991
I wish I could invent a way to punch you in the face across the internet. And I don't mean "people", I mean you, specifically. Because by God, do you need it.
>>
>>7249008
I like to use this:

t(-_-t)
>>
>>7248985
I'm using an electric oven and my bills are inclusive
>>
File: lindsay55.jpg (6 KB, 243x208) Image search: [Google]
lindsay55.jpg
6 KB, 243x208
>>7249008

somebody mad
>>
>>7249083
then go nuts

once they're done you can spread them on bread like butter, or mash and mix into sauces etc. they are much mellower and sweeter than raw garlic so you can eat it straight up
>>
>>7249100
I was planning to eat them straight up
>>
I roast my garlic until it's suuuuper soft and then whip it with butter (unsalted plz) and rosemary and use that shit on everything.
>>
>>7249380
It is done. I did that.

>very delicious
>>
One time I roasted some garlic but forgot about it in the oven. The outer cloves were black. The inner ones were still mostly soft. I had fun standing in the kitchen picking out the soft parts and pensively chewing on the slightly caramelized bits. I was thinking about my ex's obese cat. She texted me out of the blue that he died. Kind of sad how you never get to see ex's pets again even if they're asshole cats. The house smelled nice. Good times.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.