[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/ i want to impress my new girlfriend with a home cooked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: dinner-date.jpg (371 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
dinner-date.jpg
371 KB, 900x600
Hey /ck/ i want to impress my new girlfriend with a home cooked meal that wont require techniques and specialty ingredients from temples in the Himalayan mountains. What are some good recipes?
>>
Fuck off...
>>
>>7248698
u mad, virgin?

come on /b/ros gimme ur recipes.
>>
This is a pretty good panty dropper.

https://youtu.be/nJzDfRIb9T0
>>
>>7248689
is that a big ass piece of butter?

fucking disgusting m8
>>
>>7248716
Kek. I misread your post. Thought you were shitposting about pink Himalayan salt.

What are your skills like? What do you normally cook? Any restrictions?
>>
>>7248716
>/b/ros
>using virgin as an insult
>u mad?
Go back to Facebook
>>
>>7248689
Coq au vin. It is a sophisticated technique, yet still relatively simple enough that normal people can do it after watching a couple videos. The ingredients are not exotic, and it can be cooked the day before and reheated on the stove before you serve it. It is one of the best dishes ever created, might be one of the best things your gf will ever have eaten, yet will only cost you about $30 if you buy a $15 bottle of wine. Also, I guarantee you'll be getting laid.
>>
>>7248689
Go to your butcher, get 9oz cuts of filet mignon

Cover in salt and pepper on each side

Cook on med-high for 5min, flip and cook for 4min (this will be about medium which is a very safe area for people of all palates)

Remove from pan and let rest for 5 minutes

Before starting steaks, put 2tb of butter, 1 tb of vegetable oil in a pan that has a lid. Add 8oz of mushrooms and some salt and garlic; cook on medium until steaks are done

Ready up some instant potatoes (she'll never know and don't taste bad at all)
>>
File: 1005.gif (684 KB, 245x170) Image search: [Google]
1005.gif
684 KB, 245x170
>>7248732
>Ready up some instant potatoes (she'll never know and don't taste bad at all)
>>
>>7248729
Here, this is a good simplified recipe:

http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2014/08/coq-au-vin-rock-out-with-your-coq-out.html
>>
>>7248736
i know ill get a lot of shit for this, but instant potatoes are one of the few things that get a 4/5 rating without being from scratch

It won't be 5/5, but who cares when you have some cash ass filet and mushrooms
>>
>Trying to impress women with sensually cooked meals

This is basically step one in showing her how much of a little bitch you are. She may be impressed initially, but you're essentially serving her your balls on fine china. I don't know what the hell you were thinking, OP, but instead of having her shit-test you, you're shit-testing yourself for her which is the sign of an ultimate simp.

I usually hide garbage threads like this, but your ignorance is just too much and I feel it a service to mankind to set you straight. Don't cook FOR the bitch, cook WITH the bitch. Find a meal you can both work on at the same time, or have a two dish dinner where you're both cooking one each. Not that I care about this shit, but that will show her you're trying to build a relationship on a strong foundation of teamwork, and cooking together does that on top of relaxing the atmosphere and creating an environment where you can see each other through the bullshit of the 'dating game'.

If she doesn't cook though, just dump her now. Nobody needs trash like that in their life. Now stop being a gigantic pussy.
>>
>>7248716
Start off with an I hope you step on a lego you cunt salad, roasted fuck off with a side of Boku no Pico for the main course and finish off with a bowl of eat shit and die for dessert.
>>
File: billthebutcher.jpg (166 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
billthebutcher.jpg
166 KB, 720x479
>>7248689
Here's a simple shrimp scampi recipe. Just substitute sketti noodles for the gross zuchini bullshit.
It's a good dish that won't give you gas afterward while you're fucking her.
>>
>>7248766
oops. forgot link.
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2015/01/shrimp-scampi-zoodles-for-two.html
>>
>>7248745
Hm. Actually, I think the ideal situation is to first serve her something fucking amazing, then follow it with a second date where you cook together, and you teach her how to do it. I don't think most women like it when men have no experience in something, do it badly on their first try, and openly admit they have no idea what they're doing, but hey, let's do it together so you can feel insecure about who is the leader. I would think that breeds all kinds of doubt about instability and lack of dependability. The fact that you call women you're dating bitches sounds pretty trashy to me.
>>
>>7248742
I disagree. I imagine instant mashed potatoes are better in the US but in Denmark and Sweden they're overly sweet and just... Meh. That said, it's a godsend for hiking. I think a better example would be instant polenta vs. polenta.

And would you seriously whip up instant mashed potatoes in front of a date? I don't really do fancy multi-course date meals but I do everything properly.
>>
>>7248689
Burgers. 80/20 beef, mix some chopped onions into the beef. Keep it simple.
>>
>>7248786
You can get non sweet ones in the U.S. that really are pretty good. And that means a lot coming from me since in the past 10 years, I have only made food from scratch except for mashed potatoes.

>And would you seriously whip up instant mashed potatoes in front of a date

I would have them prepared and on the stove staying warm on low.
>>
>>7248742
Doing it "from scratch" takes like 5 minutes of prep time max

Why buy that expensive meat and cheap out on the potatoes?
>>
>>7248802
>Why buy that expensive meat and cheap out on the potatoes?

Because OP doesn't know how to cook and making mashed potatoes good from scratch is actually much more difficult and time consuming for a novice then mushrooms and steak
>>
>>7248778

Are you fucking serious?
Get your ass back to tumblr.
>>
>>7248862
Yeah, completely serious. I've never used tumblr, but I have always gotten good sex when I have cooked for my girlfriends. Maybe it's uncool now for younger people to be good at things and treat women well, but I doubt it because I've been loved pretty hard by women in their 20's. Dork.
>>
>>7248689
PENNE ROMANA

Ingredients

1/2 LB penne pasta (cooked al dente)
1/2 onion (diced)
1/2 cup dry vermouth
16oz crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup parmesan
2 TBLS butter
4 sweet pork sausauges
salt
pepper
1/3 cup cooking oil
1 sprig basil (chopped)

Directions:

Remove sausage from casing

Drizzle some of olive oil on sausage and break up with hands

Heat remaining oil in sauce pan over medium heat

Once oil is hot, add onions

Saute for 2-3 minutes

Add crumbled sausage

Cook for 3-4 minutes, drain off excess fat

Add vermouth, cook off alcohol

Add tomatoes to pan and reduce sauce over low/medium heat

Once reduced (after about 7 minutes) add butter, salt and pepper to taste and parmesan

Slowly add in cream

Saute another minute plate with a chopped basil

Serves 2
>>
>>7248698
Baller
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.