[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mother wants to cook me a birthday meal. I basically eat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 17-sad-birthday.jpg (74 KB, 298x287) Image search: [Google]
17-sad-birthday.jpg
74 KB, 298x287
My mother wants to cook me a birthday meal.

I basically eat rice and frozen vegetables during the week. What should I ask for?

I was thinking maybe a bacon and egg pie I dunno
>>
Why do you eat like a bullshit peasant?
>>
>>7241528
Does said mother cook said rice and frozen vegetables?

If yes, remind me to make an effort to treat my future offspring better.

Also, I wouldn't put her culinary abilities past anything involving the oven. Maybe a pot. Chili con carne? Everyone starts there right? Can't go too wrong?
>>
>>7241534
Because I make minimum wage and must pay for rent/savings/gas before I buy food.
>>
>>7241537
I don't live with her. She is a competent and probably above average cook though.
>>
>>7241541
If she's not the one that cooks said atrocities, maybe a nice pot of gumbo to warm the belly up in these cold times?

Or roast pork belly, that's good too.
>>
Well, first of all, appreciate your mom for wanting to make you a special meal instead of just taking you out for dinner (which is the much easier option).
Anyway, just think about what your favorite foods are, or the foods that you crave but can't ever have, and ask her to make one of those. A bacon and egg pie sounds like a great normal meal, but pretty blasé for a birthday dinner.
>>
It's your birthday dinner, so have something nice that you and your mom will both enjoy. If it's gotta be semi low budget, have a steak cooked to your preference, a salad, asparagus, and a baked potato with butter, sour cream and chives

If it's mid tier, throw some crab legs in there, too.
>>
>>7241559
>>7241554
Money is not a problem I just spend no time on food besides sustaining myself. So as she invited me home and said pick whatever I am struggling for ideas.
>>
>>7241571
What's the one thing she's made that you remember best and most fondly? Ask her to make that.

For me, it's always a simple stir fry involving diced long beans, carrots, sweet corn, char siu and bacon. And a Chinese style boiled soup.

It's gotta make you tear up. If it doesn't it's not birthday worthy.
>>
what kind of a bitch cunt of a mother doesn't know her son's favourite meals? you need to rape her.
>>
>>7241528
>I basically eat rice and frozen vegetables
>>7241541
>She is a competent and probably above average cook

If she doesn't know what you eat then tell her and go early so you can bond while she shows you how to prepare a delicious and nutritious meal. That's the gift that keeps on giving and she'll know then (if she cares) that you're looking after yourself on your own.

Frankly this should have happened before you left the nest.
>>
>>7241528
Ask her to make one of your favorite meals, but up the quantity so you can eat it for a whole week.
There, you just got yourself a birthday week.
>>
File: 1429056858194.jpg (24 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
1429056858194.jpg
24 KB, 385x385
>>7241613
This is the way to go, anon.
Also, bonus points if you like something that your Mom is really good at making, that's also "mom food," and stores well
>tfw I'll never have mom's based meatloaf ever again
>>
>>7241528

A nice roast?

Every mother knows how to roast something. My mum nearly always puts a roast on when I head home and it's a god send.
>>
>>7241635
What happened to your mom?
>>
>>7241661
She died from three bullets.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.