[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you eat at an establishment where the cooks or servers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 6
Would you eat at an establishment where the cooks or servers are the wrong ethnicity?
>>
Yes. People do it all day, every day in the US whether they know it or not since like 90% of cooks in every restaurant are Mexican.
>>
yes but if they fuck it up more than twice i get annoyed

>served cold ramen at a honky ramen joint.. TWICE.. this place is now garbage
>>
When I lived in Texas, I went to an Italian restaurant. It was all operated by Russian immigrants.

>Food wasn't bad.
>>
Who cares about shit like that?

I'll give any place a try if it has good Yelp reviews.
>>
I mean, I'm wary of Japanese places staffed by even CHINESE head chefs, you know what I' saying?

Asian fusion scary-yaki. It's real.
>>
>>7241374

The only asians who fuck up other country's cuisines are Koreans. Chinese are fine.
>>
>>7241305
If you eat in a restaurant in California, it's pretty likely a Mexican cooked your food. It might be a Persian restaurant, and the owner is a Persian-speaking, Mercedes driving, jewelry wearing weirdo, but Mexicans cooked your Persian food.

Reason: labor is cheap.
>>
>>7241385
Oh no, nonono, you're thinking Hong Kong Chinese or maybe even the Taiwanese. Mainland Chinese cook about as well as your average Britbong.
>>
>>7241403

Nah you sound like a "muh authenticity" fagqueer.
>>
>>7241305
There is no wrong ethnicity.
Get back to /pol/ shitlord.
>>
>>7241305
There is a really good asian restaurant near where I live. The owner is this old chinese woman and the only asian person in the place most of the time
>>
>>7241305
yes, in all cases except where people of one ethnicity are trying to be another, E.I. Chinese people pretending to be Japanese while running a sushi place.
>>
>>7241325
Cold ramen is a thing
>>
White guy in Japanese restaurant here. I'm the best cook there.
>>
I did it before constantly, there was this super good Japanese place with white chefs. It went out of business though, probably because of that (they prepared the food in front of you, so everyone knew). It's unfortunate.

Obviously I'd prefer the correct ethnicity, but it isn't needed.
>>
>>7241305
Who gives a shit, as long as they know how to cook? Do you think all people of a given ethnicity naturally know how to prepare restaurant-quality versions of their foods just because of their ethnicity?
>>
>>7241305
Yeah, I like pizza
>>
I saw a Mexican cooking hamburgers at White Castle. I did a 360 and walked out.
>>
>>7241305
what about species?
I wouldnt eat your mothers pussy because she is a whale
>>
File: 1452153899883.jpg (76 KB, 358x350) Image search: [Google]
1452153899883.jpg
76 KB, 358x350
>Applied for a job at a local Indian restaurant as a waiter
>went to the interview
>they spent the entire time laughing at me for being white
>started doing 'mock white accents' and imagining me in the role saying things like 'hello sir, I am from Mumbai, now would you like a free membership at my golf club with your chicken bhuna?'
>'waiter waiter, theres a fly in my soup, get your caddy to pluck it out'
>literally only invited me for this
>tfw I have years of waiting experience

Nah, fuck that, the restaurant industry is racist as fuck
>>
>>7241315
this. and black ex-felons. they are all generally cool ass people. in fact the only white people I worked with (im white) in restaurants were either dicks or ended up getting fired for stealing. kind of hilarious.
>>
>>7241558
>wanting to work with Indians
A lot of them in the PNW. God, I hate them.
>>
>>7241558
Shit on the floor of the restaurant and they might accept you.
>>
>>7241558
>thanks for giving me the interview opportunity. This is a bit embarrassing, but I have to use the restroom... do you guys have one of those or do I just use the floor? How do you want me to handle this?
>>
>>7241833
You know you can report threads, right?
>>
>>7241403
But sichuan tho.
>>
It sucks that immigrants who make restaurants make something that's popular and what people are used to rather than their own food.

Even though I live in a "multi-cultural" city it simply means there's a bunch of chinese, sushi, indian and pizza places run by people from different countries, and not that there's a wide selection of cuisines to pick from.
>>
>>7241305
I've done it before, and it isn't necessarily a deal breaker, but it's usually a warning sign.
>>
File: amazed_surprised.jpg (18 KB, 350x299) Image search: [Google]
amazed_surprised.jpg
18 KB, 350x299
>>7241558
>going_out_for_an_english.avi
>>
>>7241305
My favorite sushi chef is a Korean. My favorite Chinese dive is also run by Koreans.

Not sure I'd do an Indian place not run by Indians. But then, one of the servers at the good Indian place is a sweet old white lady.
>>
>>7241415
this wasn't that

they just didn't have the burner on :|

this was my friend's restaurant too

it used to be good when they sold more honky food.. now it's going downhill
>>
>>7241965
Funny, I don't trust Indians in sanitary environments. This includes hospitals.
>>
>tfw Austrian Jew working at Italian restaurant
>>
>>7241305
Only if they're white, because they have a right to work in the country they were born in. I'm also fine with various types of Asians running sushi bars because I can't tell the difference.

But if an Indian is serving at a Thai restaurant or something, fuck that shit.
>>
>>7241305
Sure. Every guy can read. It's the women you have to watch out for
>>
>>7243855
What if it's non-Italian whites running a pizzeria?
>>
I'm pretty sure every Italian restaurant I've been to has had a Mexican chef.
>>
>>7243855
>only white people are born in the US
>>
File: shop-sign.jpg (113 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
shop-sign.jpg
113 KB, 768x1024
>>
>>7243935
Daily reminder that /ck/ is full of passportless flyover NEETs who think avocados and starbucks are a hot new fashionable trend for cool hipsters
>>
>>7243942
I'm not allergic to them, but thanks for the warning. She must know she's a bitch and has a convenient way of saying she won't change.
>>
You know this is part of the reason I like getting Tex Mex in Texas its almost always authentic. and while I will eat at restaurants with the wrong ethnicities it adds to the appeal when its the right ones.
>>
>>7243961
>http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/413948/Cafe-owner-puts-I-m-black-warning-on-door-of-business-in-response-to-racist-customers
> in the town of Ossett, West Yorkshire, where ethnic residents are one per cent of the population.
>One family was preparing to sit down but left after the father said: “I think we are in the wrong place.”
Seems reasonable to me. I guess you haven't traveled much and think all racism is because muh nig nogs redpill redpill ron paul ron paul. In the real world people do in fact react strangely in isolated, homogenous areas. They may or may not have any ill intent, it's just normal human behavior. When you're on the receiving end it's easy to brush off as a tourist but then try having that be your everyday life and trying to run a business. I'd probably do the same.
>>
>>7243942
I have no problems with restaurants owned by black people. But I would avoid that one because you know she's got problems.
>>
>Jamaican place
>run by Chinese
>>
>>7241558
>Applied for a job at a local Indian restaurant as a waiter
>went to the interview
>got the job

My Indian bosses bitched more about black people than they did whites
>>
In my city, the Vietnamese, Thai, Korean, and Japanese restaurants are ALL run by Chinese.

It is all mediocre.
>>
Of course not, I could never endorse or fund that kind of brazen cultural appropriation. How can you fucks live with yourself, enabling oppression with your money.
>>
>>7244405
ive worked for some asian bosses and this is true

there are hierarchies amongst some asians, and idians and blacks usualy tie for last place, the chinese are generaly distrusted, whites are considered safe but often lazy, mexicans are considered shifty but hard workers
its racist as hell but this view is super common
>>
Every greek place I've ever eaten at was run by Mexicans.

also fuck mods for shadow banning "shitskins" in posts you fucking tumblirna cuckholds
>>
>>7241398
951 fag reporting in and can confirm.
Sone great sushi chefs are mexican
>>
>>7244488
Ban evading is against the rules faggot
>>
>>7241305
no, I judge nationality. I will not eat food an amerifat prepared.
>>
>>7242048
> a tear drips down the beard of his neck as he turn away from his friend chans former favorite ramen joint.
>"it was the best, believe it" he says
>he turns grabbing his hidden leaf billage ninja headband and fedora and tips it turning away, his using his hands to form a ninjitsu of speed he takes off with more tears and sweat dripping off the beard of his neck.
>" one day I'll find a ramen place where I'll be the only white looking customer, believe it!"
>>
>>7241305
Depends

General Americana cuisine, who cares.

Depending upon how the restaurant presents itself (i.e. it's level of "authentic") now that presents a problem. I'm sure as fuck not eating Ethiopian food run by white people and "Chinese food" made by mexicans is a violent bowel movement waiting to happen. Natives make their food better than migrants who ape tradition.

However, if it's a high end place doesn't fucking matter. Best peking duck I ever had wasn't in China and wasn't made by a Chinese guy.
>>
>>7241305
I wouldn't know, unless I'm already sitting down and looking into the kitchen. At that point, I'd have already ordered, and have a chance to eat the food. If the food is good, then it's good.

What the fuck kind of question is this? You retarded, boy?
>>
If the entrees are good then who cares. The restaurant may not tag the word "authentic" to their business, but a chef is a chef. I would not, however, eat in a place full of faggy vegan libtards.
>>
>>7244405
I think all races dislike blacks the most
>>
>>7244885
>tfw used to work at local restaurant with 2 black guys
>both were great workers, friendly/fun guys to be around, and awesome chefs with a great understanding of food theory

Probably one of the very few instances of this happening, but they were the greatest co-workers a guy could ask for
>>
>>7241385
Meh. You'd be surprised by how many Koreans own sushi restaurants. Finding a Japanese owned sushi restaurant is somewhat of a rarity.
>>
>>7244405
One thing that unites all races (including blacks) is hatred for blacks
>>
>>7244669

suck my dick niggerlover
>>
>>7244903
dont koreans call it kimbap or something. its different from sushi?
>>
>>7244488
Reddit plz go
Wasted dubs
>>
>>7246318
Theres a Korean version of sushi, but theres very few Japanese people actually in the US
>>
>>7246318
Kimbap is made primarily from cooked ingredients, whereas the majority of sushi is comprised of raw foods. The local Korean chef I know makes his kimbap with cooked beef and some sort of yellow pickle, two things I've never had in sushi.
>>
>>7246337

are you kidding me?

you're calling me reddit and you support libetard mods

jesus christ fucking end yourself you fucking memer
>>
>>7243942
>didn't spell her own fucking name right

what
>>
>>7246424
Looks like it was spelled correctly but left out the space
>>
>>7246407
I'm saying you are a liar. No way you get banned for saying shitskin. Also, "shadow" bans aren't a thing. Which is why I'm beginning to suspect I took the bait
>>
>>7244712
You don't need to see the kitchen to see the servers unless you're totally oblivious.
>>
>>7241325
its was garbage the first time
>>
>be me
>go to teppanyaki joint with table-side chefs doing the whole cook-at-your-table spiel
>touts itself as a japanese steakhouse
>the chefs wear nametags
>our chef's name is 'nelson'
>"so what part of japan are you from, nelson?"
>'the colombian part'
>laughs are had
>food was fine, but literally nothing even remotely japanese was prepared table-side
There were lesbians with the group, so tipping was a nightmare. Why are dykes so cheap?
>>
>>7244896
not all darkies are niggers
>>
New Yorkfag here. Pretty much every restaurant no matter the cuisine is ususally cooked by Mexicans and blacks. Worked through most of college in an Italian trattoria, aside from the owner everyone was Mexican. My bud in college Javier and his 5 brothers all worked for a guy in Queens who owned a Mexican and French place on the same block. Javier and his bros working in both depending on the day.
>>
>>7246581
because they're dykes, they always have to make some kind of statement about everything
>>
>>7241403
>Mainland Chinese cook about as well as your average Britbong.

Nah, I've been to china and all the food was inedible. At least beans on toast tastes nice.
>>
>>7246842
Seriously. I've got a whole story about how awful the dykes were that night, but I won't go into it unless pressed.

It seems that unless they're ghetto dykes, comediennes or DIY types who treat Home Depot like a toy store, lesbians are just horrible and unpleasant. I've never met any other sort of lesbian who wasn't an utter cunt.
>>
>>7241305
Japan doesn't export many native Japanese immigrants to other countries these days so we gotta deal with fucking Koreans and Chinese owners opening shitty Japanese restaurants staffed by Mexicans and Chinese.
>>
>>7241544
I think you mean you did a 180. If you did a 360, you'd still be facing the cooks.
>>
>>7246396
its a pickled radish
>>
>>7246989
The concept makes me laugh because they assume you are all so racist and ignorant you wouldn't be able to tell the difference any way.
>>
>>7247078
Well, if you were a young Japanese, it would be a big decision to move to another country just to open a restaurant.

You will be moving away from friends and family and the familiarity you grew up with.

Your family and friends would also likely call you crazy if you said that you want to move all the way to American to open a sushi joint.
>>
>>7246877
All the food I had in Beijing and Shanghai was great. Didn't try much street food though besides corn.
>>
>>7246581
Well it makes sense since that Teppanyaki style with tricks and everything does not exist in Japan, although I heard it was a thing for a small period of time during the bubble.
>>
>>7247118
It's funny because I've seen some do exactly that but for ramen and izakyas
>>
>>7247254
An izakaya makes most of its money off alcohol though, it's a high profit margin business, as long as you don't open it in some flyover shithole where they go "wuh? izza wuh? shoulda dropped more bombs why can't we have normal food if you don't eat drink think look talk and act EXACTLY like me you hate America and want to destroy everything the proud American eagle stands for 9/11 never forget"
>>
>>7247254
In Japan, ramen chefs have the stereotype of being independent and macho.

Like if you just google Japanese ramen chefs or websites for ramen festivals and contest, ramen chefs love picturing themselves with arms crossed and chin up as though they are saying wsup to the world.

There's fictional drama and even real life situations of salarymen quitting their jobs and opening up a ramen joint.

So compared to other Japanese cuisine chefs, I can kind of see Japanese ramen chefs being more willing to take a bet and risk on life outside Japan.
>>
>>7247290
That sounds pretty cool.
>>
>>7247279
That's more red-state than flyover-state, though.
While you may be hard-pressed to find a native Iowan or Nebraskan who'd try Ethiopian food without some nudging from someone else, you'd be just as hard-pressed to find an Iowan who holds the same sort of ideals you attribute to flyover-states.
And you don't really get much more flyover than Iowa.
>>
>>7241409
Blacks please go
>>
>>7241305
I don't particularly care about anyone's national origin/ethnicity. However, thinking about it, all my fave East Asian/Indian/Middle Eastern/Mexican/American restaurants have had people from the "right" country cooking or overseeing the cooking. My fave pizza place had a Turkish head chef, I've never liked the European restaurants in my city well enough to go to them regularly, and I rarely go to fancy American restaurants, so I'm not so sure about those.
>>
>>7246978
Plz tell
>>
File: 1406788915381.jpg (125 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
1406788915381.jpg
125 KB, 1102x967
>tfw i'm stuck in a shitty flyover state and will never get to sit down at a comfy little street corner that sells noodles and dumplings
I'll get out of here some day. I swear it.
>>
>>7247811
If Yellowstone blows up, you could apply for refugee status to Japan.
>>
I wouldn't even find out about the cooks and who cares about the servers soo. Shrug.
>>
>>7244085
Not that strange
>>
>>7241373
There's no soul or passion in the product
>>
>>7247811

keep dreamin' weeb, it's more likely you'll be overweight, in a dysfunctional relationship with more kids than you can affords and a broke down pick up.
>>
>>7247279
>shoulda dropped more bombs

More sake-bombs? :D
>>
>>7241359
I live in Houston and know a place like this but they're greek/bulgarians from new york
>>
>>7241305
>Would you eat at an establishment where the cooks or servers are the wrong ethnicity?
Absolutely not. If they aren't Mexican I GTFO
>>
File: smug tard.png (333 KB, 394x329) Image search: [Google]
smug tard.png
333 KB, 394x329
>mfw I hear Mexican workers calling each other "putos" across the dining area while we're seated
>>
>>7241600
I kind of liked it that way. Blacks always had the hook-ups and the mexicans were overall good workers.
>>
>>7247979
Niggers and white trash are the worst when it comes to restaurants. More so white trash. They just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>7241305
I know what you mean. I'm from the South and if I'm not getting waited on hand and foot by polite and dutiful negroes I refuse to cross the dining establishment's threshold.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.