[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
waffles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: waffle.jpg (3 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
waffle.jpg
3 MB, 3872x2592
I'm planning on making some waffles this Sunday and I'm wondering what some great things are to put on/in them aside from the usual blueberries or chocolate chips. What are some of your favorite things to have with your waffles?
>>
i always make banana, raspberry and chocolate
>>
tropical fruit, cocunot, and rum whipped cream
>>
I like to soak my waffles in rum. I keep a big bag of rum soaked waffles in my desk at work. Nobody can fire you for eating too many soggy waffles.
>>
bacon obviously, sausage is good as well
>>
>>7239807
This is fantastic, I make coconut - pineapple waffles pretty regularly.

Also, if you like savory waffles, adding minced crispy bacon and some shredded cheese to the batter is good.

You can also turn waffles into Waffle Eggs Benedict. That's pretty boss. I did that for a brunch once, and made savory herbed waffles, then topped them with sauteed garlic spinach, pan fried canadian bacon, poached eggs, and hollandaise. It's not something you'd want to eat on a regular basis though, or you'll be Fatty McFatterson in no time.

One of my all time favorite toppings for waffles is fruit and yogurt. Yogurt and waffles have a natural affinity for each other. Just make sure you buy good quality yogurt.
>>
File: niggastolemybike.gif (941 KB, 240x224) Image search: [Google]
niggastolemybike.gif
941 KB, 240x224
>>7239756
fried chicken and watermelon
>>
>>7239756
pecans
>>
>>7239756
Bacon, those to y butterscotch chips brown sugar and cream cheese
>>
1) Pistachios and chocolate chips inside - strawberries and a sprig of mint on top
2) Ground cinnamon inside - caramelised apple slices and a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top
3) Vanilla and pearl sugar inside (Liège waffle) - optional thin sugar glaze or dusting of powder sugar
4) Standard waffle - jam and powder sugar on top
5) Non-sweet option: Top with fried chicken, honey mustard and sriracha
>>
File: tourist waffles.jpg (670 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
tourist waffles.jpg
670 KB, 1600x1200
>>7241855
4) With raspberry jam is the best easy option, but 1) and 2) are my favourites.

In Belgium, the home of waffles, they typically only use the following toppings:
Brown sugar
Powder sugar
Jam
Whipped cream
Dark chocolate drizzle
Banana slices
Strawberries
>>
>>7239756
I just eat it with ice cream :3
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.