[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else got issues with your stomach? I'm starting to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 4
File: Stomach.jpg (113 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Stomach.jpg
113 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone else got issues with your stomach? I'm starting to wake up almost everyday in pain from years of acid reflux, I've been managing it by low dosing Tums whenever it hits, anyone else got a better solution?

>inb4 doctor
I live in america, that is far too expensive, currently attempting to lose some weight to some degree, I've managed to exercise regularly for 2 days now, so that's at a new record.

aside from that I basically die when eating spicy foods, it simply can't handle it.

What do you got going for you?
>>
Do you smoke? I have recently quit and now I can actually eat in the morning.
>>
>go to a DOCTOR? are you crazy? i live in america

it won't cost you an aircraft carrier to get some actual qualified advice on how to deal with acid reflux you moron, and if it's more serious than that it's more important that you get it treated so you actually have a life of any value to pay for.
>>
>>7233985
Am NEET, I have the free healthcare shit, but only because it was forced upon me, I'd rather not use it, aside from that what would they give me pills? I could just buy over the counter pills if I could afford them

>>7233981
none of that, just bad luck, runs in the family
>>
>>7233995

>I'd rather not use it, aside from that what would they give me pills?

i don't fucking know dude, i'm not a doctor. if they suggest a prescription there's nothing stopping you from getting over the counter pills after researching it.
>>
>>7233970
Try omeprazole (prilosec, nexium) or famotidine (pepcid ac) for 2 weeks

like $7 walmart generic

If you take NSAIDs on a regular basis (ibuprofen, naproxen), stop.
>>
>>7234026
My life really has no schedule to prep taking pills a while in advanced though, I suppose I'll pick some up at some point though.
>>
>>7234038
>prep taking pills

Take one every morning when you wake up, for 2 weeks

If you're going to insist on being this lazy, then deal with the pain and misery
>>
>>7233970
I do too anon. It seems to worsen significantly when I am going through a stressful time. I usually have to purge my meals unless it's something exceedingly mild; I have found mac and cheese to be the only thing I can consistently tolerate, even though I normally don't care for the boxed shit.

I decided to finally schedule an appointment with a new doctor because the last one I saw just told me it was IBS. I'd rather get a second opinion and make sure it's not ulcers, though, because I'm pretty sure IBS doesn't cripple you for days on end.
>>
File: fecal impaction.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fecal impaction.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
>>7233970
Have not had a satisfying shit in 2 weeks. Officially haven't shat in 4 days. Magnesium citrate and suppository do nada. Trying both again tomorrow, then an enema, otherwise I have to have a doctor shove his lubed fingers up my ass and dig it out, because I can't seem to be able to stick anything larger than the diameter of a pencil in there without extreme discomfort.
>>
>>7234068
I'm used to the pain and misery that is life
>>
>>7233970
>taking pills is too hard I don't want to spend any money pls help pain

America everybody
t. American
>>
>>7234093
I'd just rather not deal with pills and their possible side effects compared to calcium tablets
>>
>>7234098
Omeprazole doesn't have any side effects, I've been taking 40mg a day and haven't noticed anything. Tums and other calcium supplements just seemed to make it worse because too much calcium can contribute to constipation.
>>
>>7234072
Yeah, sounds like ulcers.
>>
>>7233995
They will prescribe an rx. Your past the point of otc.

You eill need to change your diet, loose weight, and cjange your sleeping position.

Wost case surgery
>>
>>7234098
Your an idiot or the greatest troll. I cant figure out which
>>
>>7233970
How much do you weigh? You sound like you the problems of a very overweight person
>>
Have you tried ranitidine OP? That's what I use, but I only get it when I abuse the booze. Not sure if that's what is in Tums or not because I'm not American
>>
Definitely going to back the going to a doctor, whether, you listen to that or not. In the meantime, sleeping on and incline can help with the heartburn a bit. That and Nexium helped me.
>>
Stop raping your stomach with antacids or whatever those bonehead doctors prescribe.

Get lecithin gelcaps and milk thistle tablets from walmart and have one of each after a heavy meal like dinner. Get turmeric spice and mix a teaspoon into tea or something and drink that down.

Each more vegetables moron.
>>
>>7234187
5"8 probably nearing 200, not too fat yet
>>
>>7234200
I don't take more than 1500-2000mg a day it's been a year or so, probably just need to focus more on losing weight

I have no real control over my diet of sanwhiches and instant noodles, maybe as soon as I finally get a job
>>
>>7234156
They heal relatively easily, right? I read they just require some sort of antibiotics to get rid of the inflamed bacteria.
>>
>>7234098
My father has taken omeprozale since it became available as prescription in the mid 90s. He has severe GERD with esophageal spasms. Fixed all his issues related to it.

He just turned 59 yesterday, and is in great health. Can still jog 3 miles 2-3 days a week, checks out fine on physicals.

You'll be fine.
>>
>>7234213
5'7" 220... yeah, you're a fat manlet
>>
>>7234286
I can still see my dick, I'm fine, it's pretty evenly spread out
>>
>>7233970
try omeprazol or esomeprazol and do a little big of exercise a day at least 10.000 steps/10 kilometers .Thats how I got rid of my stomach problems. Also don't eat a few hours before sleeping.
>>
>>7233970
I get awful reflux because of a hernia

anti-acid is supposed to be really bad for you so I don't take them

if I drink liquor I feel sick for days, so I'm going to start taking drugs
>>
>>7234408
The calcium tablets are bad if you take a ton of them everyday
>>
>>7234415
see i heard a whole range of them are bad for your liver and kidneys
>>
>>7234422
Beens years for me and I'm fine, but ya if you take too much daily you risk kidney stones

http://www.livestrong.com/article/349536-side-effects-of-eating-too-many-tums/

Apparently it also risks depression, but I was depressed before I started taking them so, whatever.
>>
>>7234074
How does this happen so I can avoid it?
>>
>>7234098
>>>/x/
>>
>>7234213
Dont delude yourself man, thats too much
Im 5'9 and 180lb, but have been lifting weights for a couple years and muscled up, but still need to cut back at least about 15lbs before I lose my belly
>>
>>7234548
I just wanna get back to being able to self suck
>>
>>7234550
I wish I could.
At least Im not fat.
>>
Yup, reporting in
Last year my eating habits were absolutely shit, I just ate tons of trash, gained weight, and it all culminated on NYE
The day after I had horrible stomach pain and a fever, so I just stopped eating. Fever disappeared after a day but my stomach still feels like there was a wound there which is now slowly healing
Started eating again yesterday, though all I had was a little bit of water-based porridge and cucumber
Maybe today I'll have some yoghurt and cooked vegetables or rice
Does anyone have any good recipes that use easily digestible ingredients?
>>
>>7233970
what caused it?
your diet probably a shit.
>>
Isn't acid reflux a problem with your sphincter muscle at the bottom of the esophagus? Acid from the stomach leaks through and causes the sphincter muscle to open which then allows the highly acidic up into the esophagus.

If that is true, then you need to consult a doctor before it does more damage.

Note: I'm not a doctor and may be completely wrong on this.
>>
>>7234865
this is correct but diet and chronic conditions as ulcers can very well worsen the problem.

you'll have hefty dentist bills also if you do not get it under control - this may be very painfull and expensive.
>>
>>7233995
I mean. It could be cancer(serious)
>>
>>7233970
>currently attempting to lose some weight to some degree
fat ass wonders why she has stomach issues
You are everything wrong with America
>>
I had very bad heartburn for about a year before I called.my doctor. I didn't even need to ser him, he just called in a prescription for Prevacid. Thankfully the copay was less than half the otc price
>>
>>7234026
This is the answer.

Omeprazole, and change your diet. Get in shape. Less acidic foods.

My wife is an RN. every patient in the ICU gets Omeprazole. it helps combat the fact that they are laying down all day. Many get it for far more than 2 weeks.

As I've aged I've learned what foods will trigger a flareup. I eat less spicy foods, and less tomato sauce. It's just part of getting old. That's why old people have such boring meals. It's safe.
>>
>>7234074
Fuck, day 2. Nothing. Anyone have advice for sticking their fingers up their ass? That pencil-thin enema was a chore to work up there at only 2 inches.
>>
>>7234971
You mean my miserable life could be brought to a quicker end? That would be nice, considering how long it's been going on I doubt it's cancer, I'd be dead already
>>
>>7234038
Get an alarm clock/phone/program for your computer that makes a loud sound once a day. When that happens, take your medicine. Is it that hard?
>>
If I eat nuts or popcorn I'll pretty much poop it out the way it is unless I have some other food with them. Some of my relatives have the same issue, too. I just feel lucky because my older sibling has ulcerative colitis and that's put them in the hospital during really bad flare-ups.

>>7234038
You're a neet yet you can't take the time to take two pills when you wake up? Do your parents need to do that for you too, you leech?
>>
>>7233970
Drink more water.

I bet your piss looks like chicken stock.
>>
>>7235850
I pretty much only drink tea and water
>>
>>7233970
acid reflux? Drink tea or herbal tea, or water, all day, small sips. Thank me later or call the doctor.
>>
>>7235922
*oh, and sleep with your head higher than your feet, at a 30° angle.
>>
>>7235930
On your left side......
>>
i was getting fucked up digestion problems started as cramps, heartburn, progressed into uncontrollable vomiting and diarrhea
.. turnw out i developed a sensitivity to the food i comsumed the most
..eggs :(

i don't eat them any more what sucks but man i feel good
>>
My mom and her sister can't eat broccoli. Neither of them can handle spicy foods, either, especially my mom (Chipotle is too hot for her; as a kid I had to bully her into buying the "medium" jars of salsa). My mom gets horrible belches, and had to have her gallbladder out, which only slightly alleviated the problem. Apparently they didn't always used to be like this. I'm terrified I'm going to end up like them. Right now I have no gastrointestinal issues to speak of, but what happens when I hit 40? Will I suddenly become a sad white lady who can't handle spice?

This keeps me up nights.
>>
>I live in america, that is far too expensive

Acid reflux can give you cancer. See a fucking doctor.
>>
I used to have a problem digesting meats. I think it was due to the fats. Any kind of beef was the worst.

So I had a diarrhea 6 or more times a week over a long period of time.

The doctor had no clue. Finally a Chinese woman who owned a local book store gave me a book written by a doctor who had a very similar problem. He turned vegetarian and the symptoms disappeared.

So I turned vegetarian, too. Within a couple of days, the issue was gone. I stayed vegetarian for about two years and then gradually started adding meat back into my diet. So far, the problem has not returned at all.
>>
>>7236291
I wouldn't be able to afford any treatment anyways, might as well save the cash to begin with
>>
>>7233970
Have you tried Ranitidine/Zantac?

I had a 6 month battle with my stomach to the point where almost anything either made me shit ten minutes after I ate or constipated for days. I eventually did a juice diet for a few days, went vegetarian for a few months, then slowly introduced meat back into my diet. My stomach is fine now but anything overly greasy tends to upset the acid inside.
>>
>>7234074
I've got news bro. Chances are they're not going to shove a finger up your butt, they're going to shove a tube down your nose and into your intestines.

Good luck and if you haven't had a BM in a week, see a doctor stat. You can die from bowel obstructions.
>>
>>7233970
1 tsp of baking soda (not baking powder) in a hot glass of water or milk. Has to be taken on empty stomach. It's a proven method since it raises pH in the stomach and the rest of the body.
>>
>>7234074
not OP but it's funny you should mention that, that's pretty much exactly what happens when I take proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole for acid reflux. it fucking dries me out from the inside or something. I have to eat tons of fiber plus fiber supplements and drink shit-tons of water to even have a chance of pooping normal. even then sometimes I have to give myself a mini-enema with one of those earwax bulb things. plus it dries out my mouth and throat and makes me feel bloated as fuck.

and if I ask for something else, regardless of which doc I go to, they patiently hear me out and then either prescribe a different proton pump inhibitor or tell me to take citrucel or some other liquid fiber stuff which I literally can't gag down without dry heaving.

I can kinda sorta control it if I limit certain things and take OTC antacids. but no matter what I do, as soon as I do any brisk walking, yoga, anything that jogs or compresses my stomach or tips me upside down, it's reflux city all over again.
>>
>>7236638
can confirm this helps. I can't stand the taste of baking soda so I put about 1/4 tsp in blank capsules I got from an herb store. then I take it with a glass of water. it does have a lot of sodium so if you have high blood pressure or a sodium restricted diet, you may have to ask a doc first. but it does help.
>>
I dunno about years, but I've recently been getting acid reflux. Not lots, but it can be unexpected and uncomfortable for several hours at a time. Changing my posture relieves the issue in most cases.

My father had a serious problem when he was an older child/younger teen, and he had surgery to correct the issue. His stomach was tilted and caused acid to wash against the sphincter at the top of the stomach, and the problem went away once it was adjusted. I reckon I may have a milder version of that.

Literally just wriggling about a bit makes it go away on most occassions.
>>
>>7236611
As long as it's non-surgical and I don't have to shit out of a colostomy bag for the rest of my life, I'll take it.

>>7236663
Fucking sucks, but I guess I realize I've been quite dehydrated for quite some while. Thought it was booze and stress, despite drinking liters of water a day.
>>
File: Snapshot_008.png (779 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_008.png
779 KB, 1024x768
stop taking tums, start taking prilosec (Omeprazole is the generic) every day.
add a probiotic, a good one like garden of life RAW probiotics. Take the prilosec and the probiotics for two months. Then just the probiotic. you will feel better.
>>
Thanks to severe Ulcerative Colitis, my large Intestine almost perforated and was removed. Spent a good portion of 2 years with a shitbag.

Thanks to modern medicine, the lower part of my small intestine is a makeshift rectum called a J-Pouch. I'll shit ~5 times a day for the rest of my life unless something terrible happens. Then it's back to the good old ileostomy bag.
>>
>>7233970
Sounds like me. I wake up in the mornings feeling terribly hungry but at the same time my stomach hurts so bad I feel sick. It takes me about an hour till I can even put anything down.
>>
I got IBS after doing the right thing and losing 30 pounds. Gettin real tired of this bullshit. Been five years, and I still can't eat anything with flavor without getting bloating/cramps/shits for a day.
>>
>>7237468
Also when I was younger, I once was constipated for 13 days. Might have had something to do with my digestive system nuking itself later on.
>>
I can't eat sugary foods. Candy and pastries give me stomach aches and the shits.

Yet sodas and energy drinks don't bother me.

I don't understand why, but it all started when I became an alcoholic.
>>
>>7234026
>>7235004

these two folks have given you solid advice. i will just add that they are telling you to move, not because it will make you lose weight, but because movement is a designed part of the digestion process. if you sit on your tuchus all day, you digest and gastricly drain slower than an active person.
>>
This is for /adv/ or /fit/ or something. Not /ck/.
Go to some med board or make a fake account on some shitty answer site.
>>
>>7238402
Oh wait.
Well, as far as food is concerned, yogurt, bananas, pistachios (kinda expensive, but they're nice every once and a while) are your friend in my experience.

In the morning, I like to mix spinach, banana, 1 egg 2 white of egg, yogurt and a bit of ice. Blend it up.
Also, yeah get some omeprazole (and maybe a fake diagnosis of Autism or something for benefits and shit).
>>
>>7235004
There's some good food for older people out there.

Honestly though OP, take up a sport.
>>
File: eID3tAN.jpg (106 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
eID3tAN.jpg
106 KB, 960x720
Have stomach ulcers from stress and also gallstones from having a shit diet in the past. Not bad enough for them to take my gallbladder, but bad enough to give me attacks. I can't eat a lot at once or I either get violently sick or have excruciating pain in my upper stomach. So I have to eat several small meals instead of three big ones. Real pain in the ass.

I stay thin this way, though. Which is okay.
>>
>>7238688

Is your stomach ulcers from stress your diagnosis or are they an actual medical diagnosis. If a doctor told me that I had stomach ulcers from stress, I would want a second opinion.

If it is your own diagnosis, it is quite likely wrong. A doctor in Australia won the Nobel Prize on that issue.
>>
>>7238688
>Have stomach ulcers from stress

No, you don't. http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/digestive-diseases-peptic-ulcer-disease#1

>Most ulcers are caused by an infection with a type of bacteria called Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori).

Even if you have an ulcer that isn't caused by H. pylori, noticed that "stress" is not one of the things that causes ulcers. It's an old wives tale.
>>
once you feel heartburn your lower esapaugas is already dammaged b/c it has no nervers and you wouldnt feel it. start talking prilosec omeprazole daily its less than a buck a pop. if you still get heartburn go to a docter and get and endoscopy
>>
>>7238736
>>7238743
The doctor I saw said stress could have been a factor. If I get upset it does hurt worse, like hot knives twisting in there. I do plan on seeing a different doctor when I can.
>>
>>7235850
Drinking lots of water makes acid reflux worse pham.
>>
>>7236325
Underrated post
>>
>>7233970
dude go see a doctor. you want to fucking die?
>>
>>7233970
try iberogast it's some herbal tonic from Germany I think. you can order it on amazon.

if you go to the doctor they can check your shit to see if you don't have a virus that's giving you ulcers and they typically give you antibiotics if you do.

>inb4 hurr antibiotics kill you
>>
>>7239141
>you want to fucking die?
Well that would be nice
>>
>all the foreigners implying you'd get anything but a bill from an American doctor.
>>
Wow two whole days.
That's awesome, biblical awesome. That must have been SO hard anon. You must have pushed yourself so hard.
>>
>>7233970
I'm poor and get free healthcare in America. There are plenty of programs out there.
>>
>>7233995
So you do have healthcare. I've had it for free and have private insurance as well. The doctors are going to give you relatively the same advice and the exact same meds. It'll be the generic version but the properties are exactly the same.
>>
>>7233970
I'd it is that bad you will probably start an ion pump inhibitor and a 14 day regimen of easily digested foods.
See your physician before doing anything.
>>
>>7233970
>I live in america, that is far too expensive

Go to the doctor man. It's expensive, but if you ignore underlying symptoms it could eventually drastically change your life.

Source: I only have one testicle because I thought the lump would go away.
>>
>>7239882
>Source: I only have one testicle because I thought the lump would go away.

Didn't they teach you in middle school that any kind of lump somewhere is probably a very bad thing?
>>
>>7239893
I was 23 and a complete dickhead. I was poor and thought I was invincible. Trust me, I've gotten this lecture about a million times, from friends, my dad and countless doctors. I fucked up and I was just trying to encourage anon to see a doctor before something shitty and potentially irreversible happens to you.
>>
>>7234026
This, OP. Also, switch your antacid to liquid gaviscon. My GI recommended it to me and it makes a real difference. Shit foams up and coats your esophagus, good for relief from acid reflux irritation.
>>
>>7239882
Sounds like you're just fucking dumb
>>
eat raw ginger root
>>
>>7233970
acid reflux means ur obese
my medical opinion
>>>/fit/
>>
>>7239925
>do something dumb
>admit to being dumb
>lose 1/2 of gonads as a consequence

I'm surprised you haven't asked to see it yet, that's what everyone else seems to do after they chastise me for being an idiot years ago.
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.