[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he'd rather eat at a chain restaurant than at a mom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
>he'd rather eat at a chain restaurant than at a mom & pop shop
>>
i wouldn't but a chain restaurant is more consistent and familiar so this wouldn't be surprising to hear someone say that
>>
Depends on the place.
>>
implying mom and pop shops are not capable so serving trash and must be gone to just to support mom and pop shops that serve literally garbage...
>>
I'd rather eat at a good mom and pop place when possible, but unfortunately not every area is graced with an abundance of such places. And when faced with the choice between a mediocre chain and a shitty local place, in going for the one with SOME level of quality control.
>>
>>7229071

pretty common knowledge the chains are pretty mediocre. I understand why they cost more but my independent restaurant eating tends to be at out of the way ethnic places which tend to be cheaper.

My city is starting to get noticed by some bigger players and is starting to get some regional chains and one off restaurants elsewhere opening up shop here and some of them are decent though.
>>
Why does it cost $10 for a burger, fries and a drink at a mom and pop shop?

Id rather go to mcdonalds and get the same shit for $5
>>
>>7229093
>detected the poor virgin
>>
>>7229093
Shlomo Goldstein pls
>>
>>7229071
Mom and pop shops aren't clean. Chipotle just had an outbreak of some guys who didn't wash their hands, I don't want to think about these small places with literally no hygiene standards.
>>
>>7229112
>Mom and pop shops aren't clean.
>Chipotle

u wot m8?
>>
>>7229096
I never got this correlation. Wouldn't you be more rich than you are if you found places to cut costs?
>>
File: sherlock-holmes-glass_550.jpg (98 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
sherlock-holmes-glass_550.jpg
98 KB, 550x413
>>7229071
>at a mom & pop shop

plenty of shitty ones out there
>>
>>7229116
>Wouldn't you be more rich than you are if you found places to cut costs?

No, that is known as budgeting, which is only what poorfags do.
>>
>>7229115
Chiptole has higher standards than any mom and pop shop. Any mom and pop shop will be dirtier than a taco bell. You might not care that you're eating some dudes fecal matter, but I do.
>>
>>7229122
>You might not care that you're eating some dudes fecal matter, but I do.

Which is precisely why I go to mom & pop shops in the first place.
>>
File: nope.jpg (665 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
665 KB, 2048x1536
Its the same reason people choose to shop at walmart instead of thier local stores.
People are inherently greedy, and any business that can offer more stuff for cheaper is simply appealing to human nature. People generally want to save money, local economy be damned.

..not that mom and pop stores are completley innocent themselves.
They can sell shit as cheaply as walmart if they wanted to, but then they'd be fighting against thier own greed.
Independent retailers don't want to run on the bottom line like walmart. They want to make a profit. Its the reason they went into business in the first place.
>>
>>7229117
What is he trying to find in that giant metal butthole?
>>
>>7229195
OP's point
>>
>>7229122
>Chiptole has higher standards than any mom and pop shop
Except for this whole thing where they use inferior 'natural' foods at the expense of quality causing the whole e. coli thing

But your point is still true, 'authentic mexican' places are terrible qualitywise
>>
I know it makes me a pleb, but getting a meal at Mcdonalds or another fast food place isn't that different in quality for me than getting one at a mom and pop shop. In both scenarios I'm typically getting a hot meal, except the former costs a third or half the price, and that's not even including the extra money I pay on top of the money i already pay for my food because waiters and waitress get paid sweat shop wages or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>7229071
True.
Next question.
>>
>>7229071
mom & pop shops seem to have a tendency to be shit AND cost more than a chain restaurant.
>>
>>7229122
This is bait right? A chain restaurant is going to hire any degenerate scum they can get who will spit on your food and blow his nose on your fries.
>>
>>7229121
>only poorfags budget
Hahaha how fucking stupid do you have to be? Even if you're rich you still need to manage how much you spend if you don't want to end up broke.
>>
I eat at chain restaurants I haven't been to when I travel so I can see what all the hubbub is about but other than that it doesn't matter, a lot of chains are bad and a lot of independent restaurants are bad
>>
>>7229528
that sounds like something someone who has never been rich would say
>>
>>7229528
If you're sufficiently wealthy the proportion of your income that goes to basic needs is basically nothing. Short of having the entire staff of your personal restaurant and personal wine cellar follow you around on a jet plane everywhere you go, it's pretty much impossible to put a dent in your wealth just by ignoring the cost of dining out. Rich people worry about other things, like changing laws in their favor, or starting wars.
>>
File: Photo0029-Nick's.jpg (443 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Photo0029-Nick's.jpg
443 KB, 1280x960
>>7229302
So untrue, there's a mom & pop I-TALIAN joint on the block where I live that's really cool. When everything is added up in the end not only is it better but the costs come out less for better product. The only downside which really isn't very bad is that they're closed on holidays and Sundays and they're not open late.

If I want a pizza after say 9PM or when it's otherwise closed then then it's either wait which I usually do or call some fuckin' chain like papa johns or something which used to be open around here to about 3:30 am, however I think they scaled it back to about 1:30 am last year.

That place Nick's does make a good New York pizza, other stuff too. Sometimes though I'll just a couple slices and add my own stuff. That's a good way to get rid of leftovers.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.